Eilean Donan day and night
Posted 06/10/2015 - 23:14
Link
The two floodlit photos are great, very atmospheric, and you've sure caught that reflection nicely. I'm impressed that you have captured good natural (low) light levels on the surrounds but still managed to avoid the floodlights blowing out.
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Posted 07/10/2015 - 01:06
Link
Really nice images...the last one in particular.
Posted 07/10/2015 - 06:37
Link
You were cursed with British skies for the first shot but the last night-time picture is lovely.
Best wishes,
Andrew
"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050
http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05
Andrew
"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050
http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05
Posted 07/10/2015 - 07:57
Link
Even though it is the most photographed castle in the UK - this one has for a long time been on my 'to do' list.
I just hope that when I eventually get around to it - I manage to get a couple of shots as good as your floodlit shots - very nice indeed.
Carl
I just hope that when I eventually get around to it - I manage to get a couple of shots as good as your floodlit shots - very nice indeed.
Carl
No matter how many lenses I have owned - I have always needed just one more
Posted 07/10/2015 - 11:11
Link
fritzthedog wrote:
Even though it is the most photographed castle in the UK - this one has for a long time been on my 'to do' list.
I just hope that when I eventually get around to it - I manage to get a couple of shots as good as your floodlit shots - very nice indeed.
Carl
I've been there, done it, in terrible weather, bright mid summer sunshine and autumn colours but have never done justice to this romantic setting. My images of Eilean Donan pail into insignificance compared to Alimid's lovely submissions.Even though it is the most photographed castle in the UK - this one has for a long time been on my 'to do' list.
I just hope that when I eventually get around to it - I manage to get a couple of shots as good as your floodlit shots - very nice indeed.
Carl
David
Posted 07/10/2015 - 22:59
Link
Really excellent
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


84 posts
15 years
Inverness,
Scotland
On the return journey after sampling a few drams I took two evening pics from the opposite side. Tamron 18-50
Tamron 70-200, All taken with Pentax K3