fourfivesix

Joined: 22nd January 2012

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

fourfivesix
Just wondered if anyone had any thoughts on the pentax 200fg flash. I've never used and external flash, would this be a good starting point. I'm not wanting to spend a lot just incase its not for me.

Comment by fourfivesix posted on First flash, Which one? at 18/11/2012 - 16:52

fourfivesix
carmagw wrote:
cabstar wrote:
I use one of these and rest my camera on it whilst walking around, best thing is it doesn't like a camera bag and holds two bodies with lenses.

Could be just what you are looking for and a good price too...
I have a Classified 160W that is hardly used, slightly smaller than the 200 above. May suit your kit, if interested or just want a look pm me. I would have been interested in your 400AW had I not bought one a couple of months ago -



Regards

George
Thanks again George, the bag's in great condition and just waht I was lookin for.

Comment by fourfivesix posted on Swap: Lowepro flipside 400 aw? at 18/11/2012 - 14:05

fourfivesix
I'm sorted for a bag now. If anyone has a pentax 200fg flash locally they would like to swap for the flipside please pm thanks

Comment by fourfivesix posted on Swap: Lowepro flipside 400 aw? at 18/11/2012 - 10:50

fourfivesix
carmagw wrote:
cabstar wrote:
I use one of these and rest my camera on it whilst walking around, best thing is it doesn't like a camera bag and holds two bodies with lenses.

Could be just what you are looking for and a good price too...
I have a Classified 160W that is hardly used, slightly smaller than the 200 above. May suit your kit, if interested or just want a look pm me. I would have been interested in your 400AW had I not bought one a couple of months ago -



Regards

George
The classified looks like it would be better than the stealth reporter, its a shame you have the 400aw. I would have swapped . never mind. Thanks for the reply

Comment by fourfivesix posted on Swap: Lowepro flipside 400 aw? at 14/11/2012 - 16:44

fourfivesix
I have a brand new without tags Lowepro flipside 400aw that I would like to swap for a shoulder bag. I have owned the bag since april and its never been out of the house so is in mint condition with all dividers.

I have a wrist/hand issue which is going to take a while to get better and I've found resting my camera on a small camera bag whilst walking around helps. I could just do with something a little bigger. I toyed with buying a lighter camera but just dont have the funds at the minute.

So I would like to swap the flipside for a stealth reporter 550aw if anyone has one? I would prefer a local swap as I would like to check its what I'm looking for first.

Thanks for looking 456

Comment by fourfivesix posted on Swap: Lowepro flipside 400 aw? at 13/11/2012 - 19:25

fourfivesix
milamber wrote:
I have similar concerns with the weight of kit and seriously thought about selling my K-r and getting something smaller ie. not another DSLR. The problem is having had a succession of smaller cameras the image quality and low light capabilities aren't a patch on my K-r and I know I would regret it.

I've solved the problem for the time being with the purchase of a DA 40mm Ltd as my walk around lens. I wouldn't say it quite makes the K-r pocketable, but it's a very small package considering the image quality you get - certainly no bigger in practical terms than some of the mirrorless/bridge cameras. I have absolutely no problem carrying it around all day and am disabled with neck/back/shoulder problems.

As for the low light question earlier, my K-r is excellent and I have some examples if you want them.
Hi thanks for the reply I think I am looking at the kr, fritzthedog has also reccomened it. I used a bridge camera quite a few years ago and I really missed that dslr quality, which in turn lead me to the k200d. I tend to keep my 35mm lens on my camera which is quite light to the Kr is sounding like the way to go.

Comment by fourfivesix posted on Light weight Pentax dslr? at 31/10/2012 - 09:22

fourfivesix
TonyM wrote:
Unless you have a no-no with the lack of viewfinder, then you really should check out the K-01. Its image quality is on par with the K5 (I've owned both) and it is smaller and lighter and you can get the black one for £349 from SRS (I was fortunate to get the silver at £299). Comparison between your K200, the K-r and K-01 at this link: http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-cameras-compared/?c1=k200d&c2=kr&c3=k0...

Cheers

Tony
to be honest it is the lack of a view finder that is putting me off, how is it to hold? as grip is one of the problems I'm having.

Comment by fourfivesix posted on Light weight Pentax dslr? at 30/10/2012 - 16:58

fourfivesix
Thank you for the replys guys, I've had a quick look at the q and think maybe a dslr is what I'm looking at.
Fritzthedog can I ask how the KR is in low light? Thats the one niggle I have with my K200d.

Comment by fourfivesix posted on Light weight Pentax dslr? at 30/10/2012 - 11:37

fourfivesix
I've been using my k200d for a couple of years now and love it to bits, the problem I'm having at the minute is its weight. I'm currently having lots of physio for a wrist problem which I have been told is going to be long process,and holding my k200 is becoming quite painful.
I'm considiering buying a lighter dslr to combat this but my only experience with dslr cameras is the one I have. Can anyone point me in the right direction of a lighter alternative as I really dont want to jump ship and move to Nikon or Canon.
I'm not wanting to part with the k200d so I'm selling off some of my film cameras to fund this.

Thanks in advance

Comment by fourfivesix posted on Light weight Pentax dslr? at 29/10/2012 - 21:14

fourfivesix
womble wrote:
You'll probably get more money selling the lens and camera separately.

K.
Thank you

Comment by fourfivesix posted on Pentax ME Super price check at 29/10/2012 - 13:32

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo