El Dingo

Joined: 4th December 2007

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

El Dingo
This is a cool idea! I wonder if anyone has patented that? I'd buy one.

Comment by El Dingo posted on Just had an idea at 15/04/2009 - 11:34

El Dingo
Karl wrote:
I've just learnt about 'capture focusing' where the camera is set to AF with a manual lense, shutter release pressed and gently brought into focus until the camera fires. It seems to work really well for me.
Does anyone else use it with manual lenses?
Yes, I have used this to good effect with my old Sigma 35-200 zoom lens.

Comment by El Dingo posted on Split screen focus aid - a few questions at 28/02/2009 - 09:36

El Dingo
hefty1 wrote:
The FA 43mm Ltd.

Fast, lightweight, reasonably close focus. A great focal length on film and digital and I could do with shedding a few pounds so zooming with my feet sounds like a good idea to me.
Me too. No question about it, this is my favourite lens, closely followed by my 12-24 (but that wouldn't make a good one-and-only lens).

When I suggest buying new lenses my wife always says (in effect) 'zoom with your feet'.

Comment by El Dingo posted on If you could have just one lens..... at 25/02/2009 - 21:24

El Dingo
My suggestion - buy a Magic Lantern Guide - I found this an excellent addition to the manual.

Comment by El Dingo posted on How do you?? at 25/02/2009 - 19:41

El Dingo
RR wrote:
Who nicked the rings off Saturn ?
Don't worry - they are still there, it's just that you can't see them because they're edge on!

Comment by El Dingo posted on Need a longer lens at 16/02/2009 - 19:07

El Dingo
...there's a Jessops ad on this site right now!

"Snowed in? Free delivery on all on-line orders."

Comment by El Dingo posted on Shhhh! at 09/02/2009 - 21:59

El Dingo
johnriley wrote:
Fantastic, great fun! I had seen the first segment somewhere but not the last two.

Now I know how to pronounce "Asahi" no-one will know what I'm talking about if i do...
Bless you!

Comment by El Dingo posted on 4 new Pentax lenses for £124!............ at 09/02/2009 - 21:53

El Dingo
Martin Shilliday wrote:
Does anyone have experience of using lens converter which converts a 18mm lens to a 12mm. I expect it would not be as good as say a pentax 12-24 or the sigma 10-20. But is it a realistic budget alternative to paying £300+ for a wide angle lens.
I've tried one of these - 'Digital King' as offered by SRS and others. Not worth the £69 IMHO - all kinds of problems with distortion and CA (but not vignetting). Save the money towards a decent lens.

Comment by El Dingo posted on Opinion wanted on wide-angle lens converters at 27/01/2009 - 22:14

El Dingo
Ha ha ha ha ha....
(Or as my children are always saying - ROFL)
Shroedinger's duck-billed platypus!

Ceci n'est pas une pipe!

Comment by El Dingo posted on OFF Topic.......Topic at 27/01/2009 - 22:04

El Dingo
The Shroedinger duck is an interesting one.

The fact is that if you take one of these ducks and eat it, it tastes like cat. With carrot.

Whereas rabbit tastes like hat, and for some reason is always accompanied by "Ta-Daaa!".

You can never be sure how many ducks are in the box unless you open it. This can make meal planning difficult.

This post may or may not exist.

Comment by El Dingo posted on OFF Topic.......Topic at 25/01/2009 - 11:46

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo