Eastridge

Joined: 8th February 2008

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

Eastridge
We have an aquapac for our compact and went snorkling in the Red Sea with it about 7 times on holiday earlier this year and it performed admirably all the time, not a drop of water inside at all.

Also pleased to be able to buy a product created by a British company who have found international success with a 'niche' product.

Comment by Eastridge posted on Waterproof case? Aquapac? at 29/07/2009 - 09:10

Eastridge
Thanks for posting about this, we are close by in Bideford so will bring to hubby's attention and see what he thinks. He has certainly tried to master the subject himself so depends if he feels he has cracked it or not!

Comment by Eastridge posted on Photographing moving water at 24/07/2009 - 09:29

Eastridge
I used to live in Chippenham and think the Abbey is a great venue for what you propose. There is a pub called The Red Lion in the village that I'd recommend as well.

There is (was) a large oriel window in one of the rooms that could give some interesting oppotunities to test settings etc. I remeber standing there for ages sometime in the 1980's trying to get a decent shot of it (and failing, in those days when you didn't know if you had failed until film was processed.)

Comment by Eastridge posted on Pentax K-7 meet, Sunday 14th June - Wiltshire! at 09/06/2009 - 09:10

Eastridge
..card so was covered by Paypal themselves and if they found a getout clause (always possible with them) then my credit card company would refund me.

Mike - I'd be careful about the last part of your statement, not all Credit Card companies would cover you. In these circumstances some claim you have used your card to fund your PayPal account, not to buy the goods directly. If it's important to you to have that protection at some time in the future I'd suggest you check with the particular credit card company you use.

Comment by Eastridge posted on Buying from the Classifieds at 25/04/2009 - 07:59

Eastridge
If you like unlockers set up and can afford it great, if you need a cheaper (c. £100 inc. head) option I'd recommend looking at SLIK PRO 700DX. I got one after recommendations from this & other forums and looking at reviews and am really pleased.

Comment by Eastridge posted on Looking for tripod recommendations please at 06/04/2009 - 17:42

Eastridge
They put a 'hold' on money I rcieved for a DVD (hardley high value) and I can't work out why, my situation didn't fit the described factors. It's not a real problem unless your buyer doesn't give you prompt positive feedback, mone did then I could get at the money.

I wouldn't take it personally or concern yourself too much, probably just some 'bug' in the software that governs these things.

Comment by Eastridge posted on Paypal caution? at 18/03/2009 - 11:10

Eastridge
polchraine wrote:
Still toying with te idea of selling my M 400-600. I wonder what it might fetch.
Can you / anyone tell me / us a little more about it, might be interested in buying it but I've never heard of it so don't really know.

Comment by Eastridge posted on Some recent ebay sales at 16/03/2009 - 18:15

Eastridge
Most just get stored on the PC and backed up- to external Hard Disk. Holiday / special event ones get shared with family.

Once a month the best one is printed off and hung on our wall for 1 month - until it's the next ones turn.

I don't want to use power for a digital photo frame (eco reasons not cost) so this seems like my next best option.

Comment by Eastridge posted on What does eveyone do with their photos? at 16/03/2009 - 18:10

Eastridge
We have just purchased a 250 GB Buffalo MiniStation from DABS at under £50. It only arrived today so I can't personally swear to anything other than easy set up and it's been fine in the last 4 hours! But the reviews made it seem good value for money. That said I didn't need it to be as robust as you do so it may be worth the extra for the Lacie rugged.

Comment by Eastridge posted on portable external hard disk at 10/03/2009 - 17:31

Eastridge
We have just purchased a Canon Pixma MP980 All In Pne and are very impressed with the photo results. It's at the £200- 250 quid mark.

The colours, contrast etc. were all 'right first time' as opposed to the endless tweaking that seemed to be needed with our (admitidly 4 year old) HP.

Our standards may not be as rigourous as some semi-proffessionals but if you google for reviews of it you will find quote a few. Their consistently good findings encouraged us to buy it and we (and our neighbours) beleive it's great.

We got that model as it had a negative scanner, I don't now if a slightly cheaper version without might meet your needs.

Comment by Eastridge posted on Inkjet Printer for Photos at 09/02/2009 - 17:53

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo