Eastridge

Joined: 8th February 2008

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

Eastridge
Hi, we will take it please. Responding to your e-mail next re arrangements etc.

Comment by Eastridge posted on Paragon 500mm f8 lens at 08/09/2010 - 20:13

Eastridge
Interested. PM sent.

Comment by Eastridge posted on Paragon 500mm f8 lens at 06/09/2010 - 10:11

Eastridge
303+ views, quite a few I guess like me who have this lens and are curious as to what it would go for.

Comment by Eastridge posted on For Sale: Samsung D-Xenogon 35mm f/2 AL at 11/08/2010 - 09:49

Eastridge
Stefan,

I see your point and next time he moans at me for getting nose prints on the LCD as I'm 'using it the wrong way round' I will make sure he knows it!

Comment by Eastridge posted on Left handed cameras at 08/08/2010 - 10:00

Eastridge
I don't know why but whilst I am right handed I always use the camera 'left eyed'.

The 'nose prints' on the LCD drive hubby wild and so he helpfully 'reminds me to change eye' whenever he catches me doing it. To no avail of course I instinctively revert next time I raise the thing to my face.

Often wonder if it means I am naturaly 'left handed' but was just taught to be right handed.

Especially as those familiar with board sports will know that being left or right footed as it were (goofy or regular in jargon) doesn't always follow your hand orientation.

Comment by Eastridge posted on Left handed cameras at 07/08/2010 - 10:22

Eastridge
Knowing a bit about how central processing units manage workflows I suspect that the ones that have been post office checked go into a seperate workflow queue at the passport office and get processed by a different team more quickly.

Those sent in 'direct' as it were go into the 'normal piles' and take longer.

So, whilst I agree the 'checking' you can do yourself for that reason I have paid the Post Office checking fee.

Comment by Eastridge posted on Passport photos at 07/08/2010 - 10:15

Eastridge
Thanks guys - I had wondered about buying one to try but you have saved me wasting that money. I need to keep saving for a 'traditional' 500 then.

Comment by Eastridge posted on 500 mirror at 29/05/2010 - 09:11

Eastridge
Hi, I'd always been put off a mirror because of the 'donut bokeh' issue but see that Jon says it's not an issue with sky as background (which Jon having said it I can see the logic.)

I presume however that in shots of water/ surf / sky backgrounds (like my 'avatar' picture) there would be terrible 'donuting' from the white surf. Can anyone confirm or counter this?

Many Thanks,

Comment by Eastridge posted on 500 mirror at 28/05/2010 - 10:03

Eastridge
Hi, I have an 'Aquapac' http://www.aquapac.net/ for my point and shoot which is similar to the links you gave & it is very good. I recall seeing they did a couple suitable for SLR's.

Comment by Eastridge posted on Waterproof solutions? at 17/05/2010 - 08:39

Eastridge
We have a manual Tamron SP300 f5.6 that I picked up with adapter a few years ago at LCE for less than £100 - I think less than £50. (KIV not the much pricer / bigger better 2.8.)

Apart from some PF in extreme circumstances (black suits against white water in bright sunlight when photographing surfers) we think it does a good job and certinly good value for money if you can find one.

Details: http://www.adaptall-2.com/index.html

Comment by Eastridge posted on Advice Required for 300mm Prime at 17/04/2010 - 11:30

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo