PLUS

davidrobinson

Joined: 2nd November 2010

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

davidrobinson
nonur wrote:
davidrobinson wrote:
I think it would be worth an email to Pentax Technical to make them aware of this. I would expect the lens to fit and align the AF drive without having to fiddle like this. Hopefully they may bring out a fix
Regards David
I did, David, ask them what to do first and they wanted me explain the very noise the camera AF motor or whatever emits. Then I just wrote them
the solution I found and even mentioned this forum post. Wanted them to let me know what they think. So, I'm waiting for an answer. Let's see..
We will wait and see as I seem to think someone else on the forum mentioned a similar K5 noise, which from what you say sounds as if it may have also been the AF motor drive not engaged.
Regards David

Comment by davidrobinson posted on AF trouble with K5 and DA 50-200mm ED Lenses at 24/06/2011 - 07:52

davidrobinson
I think it would be worth an email to Pentax Technical to make them aware of this. I would expect the lens to fit and align the AF drive without having to fiddle like this. Hopefully they may bring out a fix
Regards David

Comment by davidrobinson posted on AF trouble with K5 and DA 50-200mm ED Lenses at 23/06/2011 - 21:23

davidrobinson
I'm pleased you asked, I was afraid to. Thanks to all of you, now I know how to paste links.
Kind Regards David

PS I have just noticed I am listed as "Site Veteran" how did that happen?

Comment by davidrobinson posted on Posting images from Flickr at 12/05/2011 - 22:35

davidrobinson
Frogherder wrote:
Addendum,
Just got your post David.
The PC can see the RAW files that I took yesterday.

The LCD display does indeed show dramatic changes in "shots available" when I change the mode.

regards
Bernard
Does this mean your sorted for now with no explaination as to the previous problem?
Regards David

Comment by davidrobinson posted on RAW+ at 04/05/2011 - 16:53

davidrobinson
Had my K7 for about 6 months, toyed between spending £300.00 more on K5 as was worried image noise would bother me. Image noise has never been a problem for me, image sharpness not brilliant before processing, probably due to me and kit lenses more than camera. Brilliant camera in all other respects.
Regards David

Comment by davidrobinson posted on K7 owners- a few questions? at 04/05/2011 - 16:47

davidrobinson
Just in case the PC is not showing them to you, reformat a memory card. Check and note the card free space, then take one image in RAW + JPEG and see how much space has been used, if its more than a single JPEG there is a good chance that for some reason your PC is not seeing the RAW image.

Also see if the camera shows a difference in images available when changing it from RAW to RAW+JPEG

Regards David

Comment by davidrobinson posted on RAW+ at 04/05/2011 - 16:37

davidrobinson
I'm still confused about the benefits of paying for membership.

* Is there or will there be new issues of the Pentax Mag in PDF format?
* Are Pentax trying to force us to pay up by blocking some articles to non paying members.
* Apart from the unlimited photo uploads are there any other photo upload benefits. IE full resolution image upload/album storage.
* Anyone know who I should I be asking these questions?

Regards David

Comment by davidrobinson posted on Pentax User Plus member at 02/05/2011 - 09:43

davidrobinson
As a novice to RAW I have to say I am amazed at the amount of detail which can be found hidden in an image after a RAW image is processed. The only problem is the time it takes to get the best out of RAW. I usually shoot RAW + JPEG and sometimes find even after much time spent on RAW files odd JPEG images seem marginaly better straight from camera in than the edited RAWs.
On the whole I have to say if you want to be sure you dont miss a chance always shoot RAW + JPEG. You then have the best of both worlds, and apparent blown out or underexposed areas can often be recovered.
PS anyone know of a tutorial for Pentax Digital Utility, I still havent got to grips with it much prefer PSE.
David

Comment by davidrobinson posted on J.Peg or Raw at 30/04/2011 - 10:30

davidrobinson
HELP!
I edited some RAW files with PSE 6 RAW editor, I clicked done and opened the images in PSE organiser then exported them as JPG files and then deleted the original RAW files. The problem is that when I try to further edit the JPG files they open up in PSE RAW editor. Where they have very strange tones, burnt out, over cropped etc. In addition when loaded up to my Pentaxuser portfoli they have lost all their exif data, however in PSE organiser the data is still there plus they show as JPGs.
Please see link to image in my portfolio Comment Image
https://www.pentaxuser.com/photo/user-12009/siblings-27914

Any clues what can cause this?
David

Comment by davidrobinson posted on JPG photos open in RAW Editor at 28/04/2011 - 10:01

davidrobinson
Talent and this area on your door step, what can I say but you have the perfect life. Keep showing us these views, I will never tire.

Comment by davidrobinson posted on Back to my favourite location for sunrise at 10/04/2011 - 09:35

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo