What are you saving for now?
Posted 30/03/2011 - 21:35
Link
Not saving for camera equipment per se...
Saving to replace the wife's laptop with an iMac hopefully after the next refresh as she needs a good computer for photography with an IPS screen capable of displaying 100% of sRGB. As long as it runs WoW as well she'll be happy, just think the iMac GPUs in the current series are way out of date and underpowered. AMD HD 4 and 5 series low end, she won't like that for games.
I was going to do a custom build like I did with mine but I really don't think I can be bothered spending all that time fiddling. Nothing quite like an integrated all one one system (or laptop) to save space and power.
Oh, and a MacBook Air or Pro for me as a portable pure work machine. I really prefer the Air though for the high resolution screen and portability. 1.3kg!!! Lovely piece of engineering!
Saving to replace the wife's laptop with an iMac hopefully after the next refresh as she needs a good computer for photography with an IPS screen capable of displaying 100% of sRGB. As long as it runs WoW as well she'll be happy, just think the iMac GPUs in the current series are way out of date and underpowered. AMD HD 4 and 5 series low end, she won't like that for games.
I was going to do a custom build like I did with mine but I really don't think I can be bothered spending all that time fiddling. Nothing quite like an integrated all one one system (or laptop) to save space and power.
Oh, and a MacBook Air or Pro for me as a portable pure work machine. I really prefer the Air though for the high resolution screen and portability. 1.3kg!!! Lovely piece of engineering!
Posted 31/03/2011 - 19:34
Link
My FA31Ltd and DFA100WR are looking for a little sister. Their K5 father is seriously considering to adopt a DA12-24
Pentax K10D + Vivitar 55/2.8 macro + Super Takumar 55/1.8 + SuperMultiCoated Takumar 85/1.8 + SuperMultiCoated Takumar 135/3.5 + SuperMultiCoated Takumar 200/4 + Super Takumar 300/4
Pentax K100D + DA18-55ALII + DA55-300
Pentax K5 + FA31Ltd + M50/1.7 + DFA100WR + M120/2.8 (+ DA18-55WR at occasion)
Pentax K100D + DA18-55ALII + DA55-300
Pentax K5 + FA31Ltd + M50/1.7 + DFA100WR + M120/2.8 (+ DA18-55WR at occasion)
Posted 31/03/2011 - 19:38
Link
Retirement.
Best wishes,
Andrew
"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050
http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05
Andrew
"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050
http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05
Posted 31/03/2011 - 21:07
Link
For me, a ticket to Australia, and a cheap loan of a motorcycle and tent from 'Clarky' for about 2 weeks.
May have the air fare already, so look out for a couple of 'sales' for the motorcycle hire.
Maybe a Ducati 998, I'll be down that Princes Highway like sh*t of a shovel !!!!
May have the air fare already, so look out for a couple of 'sales' for the motorcycle hire.
Maybe a Ducati 998, I'll be down that Princes Highway like sh*t of a shovel !!!!
Posted 31/03/2011 - 22:05
Link
I use the 'fishy' about 80% of the time.
I love the 17 to 70 Pentax too, but every time I use it, I wish I'd left the 'fishy' on, 17mm just ain't wide enough.
For me the 10-17mm Pentax 'fisheye' is my favourite lens.
I hear of people on these forums that like the 'long' reach, 500mm, 600mm, or 1200mm this is not for me, the longest lens I have is the 105 Sigma Macro, my next purchase may be in the 8mm range
The 10-17mm for me is No.1.
This lens will capture images you will not get with your other lenses, you could crop your 200mm shot to get the same field of view as you 100mm, but you won't get the 10mm effect
I love the 17 to 70 Pentax too, but every time I use it, I wish I'd left the 'fishy' on, 17mm just ain't wide enough.
For me the 10-17mm Pentax 'fisheye' is my favourite lens.
I hear of people on these forums that like the 'long' reach, 500mm, 600mm, or 1200mm this is not for me, the longest lens I have is the 105 Sigma Macro, my next purchase may be in the 8mm range
The 10-17mm for me is No.1.
This lens will capture images you will not get with your other lenses, you could crop your 200mm shot to get the same field of view as you 100mm, but you won't get the 10mm effect
Posted 31/03/2011 - 22:52
Link
A car.
Posted 01/04/2011 - 14:42
Link
A deposit for a house
Still learning!
Zooms: DA12-24 | DA16-45 | DA*50-135 | DA55-300
Primes: FA31 | DFA100WR | M50F1.7
Fun: LensBaby Composer + Kit
Zooms: DA12-24 | DA16-45 | DA*50-135 | DA55-300
Primes: FA31 | DFA100WR | M50F1.7
Fun: LensBaby Composer + Kit
Posted 01/04/2011 - 20:15
Link
Well, I need a new 55 inch D7000 series Samsung TV, I want a 12-24 DA lens, and I'm toying with the idea of a house deposit.
Better get my Euromillions ticket before the shops shut...
Better get my Euromillions ticket before the shops shut...
k5, 50mm FA, 18-55mm Kit, 50-200mm DA, 15mm Fisheye Sigma, 10-17mm DA Fisheye, 18-55mm DA WR, DA* 60-250, DA* 16-50
Posted 02/04/2011 - 11:24
Link
Fuji X100
Posted 02/04/2011 - 11:32
Link
bretbysteve wrote:
Fuji X100
I've got to admit I've got an unnatural urge to buy a Fuji GF670 (medium format) but I have no idea why. I think it just looks very, very sexy.
Fuji X100
Posted 03/04/2011 - 01:36
Link
It's honing down to two K-5s with 18-135mm lenses and spare Pentax batteries. Chris, expect my call quite soon!
Best regards, John
Posted 03/04/2011 - 11:46
Link
John,
We have read that you are a strong advocate of Pentax batteries and also of dealing with Chris and SRS for purchases, so what do you think of these?
http://www.srsmicrosystems.co.uk/3777/Inov8-Pentax-D-LI90-Compatible-Li-ION-Batt...
We have read that you are a strong advocate of Pentax batteries and also of dealing with Chris and SRS for purchases, so what do you think of these?
http://www.srsmicrosystems.co.uk/3777/Inov8-Pentax-D-LI90-Compatible-Li-ION-Batt...
Peter
Pentax K5
Pentax DA 18-55 Mk1, 50-200 (Samsung), 16-45, 55-300 Mk1, 35 f/2.4
Pentax MZ6 + FA28-90, FA50 f/1.4, M 50 f/1.7
Tamron 80-210mm & 28mm
Pentax K5
Pentax DA 18-55 Mk1, 50-200 (Samsung), 16-45, 55-300 Mk1, 35 f/2.4
Pentax MZ6 + FA28-90, FA50 f/1.4, M 50 f/1.7
Tamron 80-210mm & 28mm
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


159 posts
18 years
Huntingdonshire
Probably the 35AL, a flash gun and a combined USB keyboard/controller/audio interface to keep things to a minimum.
MZ
AF Lenses: DA15mm Ltd, DA21mm Limited, DA35mmAL, DA50mm f1.8, DA18-55mmWR, FA28-70mm f4AL, DA50-200mmWR,Tamron SP70-200mm f2.8, AF70-300mm LD Di, SP10-24mm, SP90mm Macro.
MF Lenses: SMC-A 50mm, Adaptall 24mm(CW-24), 135mm(03B), 35-70mm(17A) 80-210mm(03A), Micro-Nikkor55mm, Soligor I-S 200mm f2.8 AIS
My Flickr - link
My Photobucket - link