What are you saving for now?
Posted 03/04/2011 - 12:48
Link
pgweber wrote:
John,
We have read that you are a strong advocate of Pentax batteries and also of dealing with Chris and SRS for purchases, so what do you think of these?
http://www.srsmicrosystems.co.uk/3777/Inov8-Pentax-D-LI90-Compatible-Li-ION-Batt...
It's up to the individual, but when we put our money where our mouth is, we will be buying original Pentax batteries. When I buy any Pentax camera from Chris, a spare Pentax battery is always a part of the purchase.
John,
We have read that you are a strong advocate of Pentax batteries and also of dealing with Chris and SRS for purchases, so what do you think of these?
http://www.srsmicrosystems.co.uk/3777/Inov8-Pentax-D-LI90-Compatible-Li-ION-Batt...
Best regards, John
Posted 03/04/2011 - 13:13
Link
I have the Innov8 as the spare, a halfway house between the Pentax original and a cheap gawd knows what. The Innov8 isn't as good as the original but it suits my needs. I figure SRS wouldn't sell them if they they were a risk to the equipment.
Posted 03/04/2011 - 19:19
Link
Hi there, saving for a 150-500 sigma.
While you are talking about batteries, has any body come up with a rechargable Lithium AA. after all the Li-ion is available in all the other specialist fitting batteries. Also any using the eneloop XX hIgh capacity?
Patty
While you are talking about batteries, has any body come up with a rechargable Lithium AA. after all the Li-ion is available in all the other specialist fitting batteries. Also any using the eneloop XX hIgh capacity?
Patty
Posted 03/04/2011 - 21:05
Link
johnriley wrote:
It's honing down to two K-5s with 18-135mm lenses and spare Pentax batteries. Chris, expect my call quite soon!
John, why the 18-135 with the K-5? I am asking as I have been considering the 18-135 as well, so I would be interested in your thoughts. It's honing down to two K-5s with 18-135mm lenses and spare Pentax batteries. Chris, expect my call quite soon!
I had a chance to try a 18-135 with a K-5 today, and I must say it feels right + fast and very silent....
Posted 03/04/2011 - 21:58
Link
Why the 18-135mm? The more modest range than the 18-250mm gives scope for better image quality. The WR construction is very appealing. The 18-135mm range is wide enough to be extremely useful.
Best regards, John
Posted 03/04/2011 - 22:32
Link
Thanks John. It does look like a great travel lens.
Giorgio
Giorgio
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


1568 posts
18 years
Rainhill
Oh! and a K3:
John
In LBA hiatus.