What are you saving for now?

smudge
Posted 28/03/2011 - 22:41 Link
If you had asked this question a week ago I would have said a DA 15mm. But it's too late because I've just bought one! First impressions are superb - it's one of those lenses that has an instant wow factor. I just hope that my DA 21mm does not become redundant.

So what am I saving for now? Whisper it...a Canon G12 as a travelling light option. Oh, and a DA 300mm would be quite nice as well...
Regards, Philip
JForeigner
Posted 28/03/2011 - 22:41 Link
The "heavy duty hold loads of weight" tripod head is the item that has made it's way top of the list. Followed by a matching set of tripod legs. I should then consider a gym membership after that to carry it all.

Gary
Armed with a K3, some M, A, FA, DA, and star lens. With an eye open for "just one more lens".

My PPG link
Don
Posted 28/03/2011 - 22:49 Link
smudge wrote:
If you had asked this question a week ago I would have said a DA 15mm. But it's too late because I've just bought one! First impressions are superb - it's one of those lenses that has an instant wow factor. I just hope that my DA 21mm does not become redundant.

So what am I saving for now? Whisper it...a Canon G12 as a travelling light option. Oh, and a DA 300mm would be quite nice as well...
link
Fired many shots. Didn't kill anything.
Smeggypants
Posted 28/03/2011 - 23:17 Link
Next on my list is a 2nd K-5

In fact I'm hoping to get it this week. I put some Ebay stuff on BIN yesterday and it sold almost immediately
[i]Bodies: 1x K-5IIs, 2x K-5, Sony TX-5, Nokia 808
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Stanovich
Posted 29/03/2011 - 00:04 Link
At the moment a DA 55-300 to replace my Sigma 70-300. Maybe longer-term a K5 - I like my K20D but can see some advantages to the K5.
K5IIs, K10D & ME Super with FA24-90, DA16-85, DA55-300, misc old primes; Olympus EM10 & Panasonic LX15.
K10D
Posted 29/03/2011 - 00:08 Link
35mm,85mm and 400mm lenses plus a larger flashgun as I need to start and use more daylight fill flash that exceeds the range of the built in units.

Best regards
Too far from a shore.
hefty1
Posted 29/03/2011 - 00:35 Link
I'm actually quite content with my camera gear right now, but I'm sure something shiny will pop up to tempt me again sooner or later.
Joining the Q
nass
Posted 29/03/2011 - 09:16 Link
K5 would be nice but I'm ok with K-7 for the time being. Kind of silly to replace so quickly. Just got a W90 so I can do underwater, if anything a proper filter set is probably next on the list.
... just another middle-aged guy with a hobby. I have an extreme macro learning site at extreme-macro.co.uk - Pentax-centric, your feedback and comments would be appreciated!
mille19
Posted 29/03/2011 - 11:47 Link
Sigma 120-300mm HSM OS F2.8 or Pentax DA* 400mm F5.6
MrCynical
Posted 29/03/2011 - 15:37 Link
A Lens. Tied up in uni work at the moment so no concrete plans, but anything from a DA Ltd (I like the idea of 15/21, 35, 70 as a compact kit) to continuing to save for the FA77 or Sigma 85. Any suggestions as to which of these paths I should take would be most welcome
fatspider
Posted 29/03/2011 - 16:05 Link
Quote:
I'm seriously considering the 645D. Convincing my wife I need it is another story
I thought you had a plane you could sell

Me? I've got my eye on the 10-17 fisheye but need to sell a few things and bump up the Paypal account first
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link
greynolds999
Posted 29/03/2011 - 16:38 Link
My problem is I never save for anything. I tend to buy it then worry about how to pay for it later! It's a strategy which has got me into a lot of trouble over the years.
johnwhit
Posted 29/03/2011 - 17:01 Link
greynolds999 wrote:
My problem is I never save for anything. I tend to buy it then worry about how to pay for it later! It's a strategy which has got me into a lot of trouble over the years.
Me too, it can get quite scary at times Now I fancy a DA 17-70 but I have no idea why or money to spare

John
PPG link

In LBA hiatus.
Smeggypants
Posted 29/03/2011 - 18:26 Link
Smeggypants wrote:
Next on my list is a 2nd K-5

In fact I'm hoping to get it this week. I put some Ebay stuff on BIN yesterday and it sold almost immediately
2nd K-5 is on it's way!!


Comment Image
Comment Image
Comment Image
Comment Image
Comment Image
[i]Bodies: 1x K-5IIs, 2x K-5, Sony TX-5, Nokia 808
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Mannesty
Posted 29/03/2011 - 18:54 Link
There's actually nothing I want or need at the moment. If I had money to burn, I might want to switch from Pentax flashes to Metz purely because the Metz ring flash has wireless capabilities that the Pentax AF160FC does not.

I bought a Sigma 150-500mm from SRS before the price dropped again , but I'll not get my hands on it until June. I'm hoping that its going to be a better performer than the Sigma 135-450mm, Pentax K 135-600mm, and the Pentax K 500mm lenses that I have owned, and sold.

When I finally have the 150-500mm in my bag, I have a good mix of primes and zooms from 12mm to 500mm and a 1.7x TC to go with my K10D and two K20D bodies, so my Pentax weaponry will do me for now.

I just wish I had the time to use it all. Retirement's not all it's cracked up to be. I don't know how I ever found time to go to work.
Peter E Smith - flickr Photostream

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo