Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Review time in PPG

AxelLuther
Posted 26/11/2011 - 08:55 Link
Hi - I just started again to upload new pictures to the Pentax Photogallery and all are still pending (some since 3.5 weeks). Any experience how long it takes until pictures are accepted or denied (it seems to take even longer now compared to the "old" PPG)?
Thanks and BW
Axel

Colors are the lack of darkness

You find more of my pictures here: https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/axelluther or on my web page: www.axel-luther.com
johnriley
Posted 26/11/2011 - 09:13 Link
Four weeks so far for my new pictures and no decision yet.
Best regards, John
AxelLuther
Posted 26/11/2011 - 11:05 Link
johnriley wrote:
Four weeks so far for my new pictures and no decision yet.

well at least to upload and view pictures is now really faster and inalso love that they increased file size from 600-900 pixel hight.

You find more of my pictures here: https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/axelluther or on my web page: www.axel-luther.com
johnriley
Posted 26/11/2011 - 11:37 Link
Yes, I agree, I prefer the new layout. It's possible that new members would find the long delay very disheartening though, as they keenly await the outcome of their first submissions. It would perhaps be a good idea to put a time limit on the process to speed things up.
Best regards, John
sandinista
Posted 26/11/2011 - 12:06 Link
I've had some stuck in the queue for about 3 weeks, I agree it must be disheartening for new members to wait so long.
Great simplicity is only won by an intense moment or by years of intelligent effort. T.S Eliot

Gear Not enough!!
PPG
Flickr
My not so new website
AxelLuther
Posted 26/11/2011 - 13:24 Link
I post pictures into the platform fineartprint.de - they habe a slightly different approach. The voting time is limited to 6 days - after 6 days you are in when the majority gives you more than 5 out of 10 stars in three different categories (Idea, artistic value, technique). If it happens, that you picture gets no votes, the editors can decide, if you are in or out. This procedure gives you a result exactly after 6 days.

davidtrout
Posted 26/11/2011 - 13:32 Link
When the PPG came back on line at the end of October I had five acceptances almost immediately. At the same time I had four declined. Since then nothing. I still have nine pending, they have been there about two months now without any movement.
David
AxelLuther
Posted 26/11/2011 - 15:37 Link
davidtrout wrote:
When the PPG came back on line at the end of October I had five acceptances almost immediately. At the same time I had four declined. Since then nothing. I still have nine pending, they have been there about two months now without any movement.
David

this almost sounds llike none of us had made any progress with photos uploaded after the update - strange......

DrOrloff
Posted 26/11/2011 - 16:31 Link
The pattern has been very strange. Of the backlog from the old system 10 were declined in a row and very quickly after relaunch(including some of my better ones). Then after a while the rest of the backlog, 15 were approved. Of the new uploads one on 24th October which is still pending and ten on 27th October - all approved within a couple of weeks or so. The month's worth of uploads since then are all pending.
Edited by DrOrloff: 26/11/2011 - 16:33
gartmore
Posted 26/11/2011 - 17:21 Link
Has anyone actually contacted them to ask what is going on? In the past I've had responses to suggestions and queries quite quickly.
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
NaimKhan
Posted 26/11/2011 - 17:51 Link
I had three very quick acceptances (within a couple of weeks) but since then nothing. I have 8 pending, some from early November. I think it's just that all have us have uploaded loads and loads of photos after the long hiatus and therefore is taking time to get the votes in.
BTW, does anyone have any idea how the voting system works? And how do you qualify for the 'collection'?
Cheers.
PPG
johnriley
Posted 26/11/2011 - 17:59 Link
Quote:
Has anyone actually contacted them to ask what is going on? In the past I've had responses to suggestions and queries quite quickly.

I made an enquiry a short while ago and am awaiting the reply.
Best regards, John
DrOrloff
Posted 26/11/2011 - 19:34 Link
I have sent quite a few emails to the web developers pointing out bugs and suggested improvements. I know them by name now.
davidstorm
Posted 26/11/2011 - 20:03 Link
Posted 5 pictures 4 weeks ago, two approved after 2.5 weeks, the other 3 are still pending.

Like everyone else I have no idea how the approvals process works (or doesn't work as it appears).

Regards
David
Flickr

Nicola's Apartments, Kassiopi, Corfu

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs
AxelLuther
Posted 26/11/2011 - 20:15 Link
NaimKhan wrote:
I had three very quick acceptances (within a couple of weeks) but since then nothing. I have 8 pending, some from early November. I think it's just that all have us have uploaded loads and loads of photos after the long hiatus and therefore is taking time to get the votes in.
BTW, does anyone have any idea how the voting system works? And how do you qualify for the 'collection'?
Cheers.

not sure if it is still correct but as far as I know there are two ways to get in the premier collection - one is, that the editors of ppg nominate you and the other is, that all votes on your photo are positive - but a: not sure, if this is really the way it is and b: not sure if this is still the way it works after the upgrade...... - I only know it is really difficult - only one out of 90 of my accepted photos made it in the collection.....

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.