Review time in PPG
Posted 29/12/2011 - 21:34
Link
"I agree with Axel's observation that there are a lot of 'snapshot' type pictures being uploaded and accepted. I hope they do not lose sight of the quality requirements."
I have been amazed at the "snapshot quality" of so many of the submissions with no awareness of the quality of light or of visual impact. Landscapes are the prime offender.
I have been amazed at the "snapshot quality" of so many of the submissions with no awareness of the quality of light or of visual impact. Landscapes are the prime offender.
Posted 29/12/2011 - 21:45
Link
Interestingly I've had 2 images rejected first time round but approved quickly when resubmitted (which I did because both photos had done well elsewhere).
Posted 29/12/2011 - 22:18
Link
I've not submitted anything to the new system yet, I was waiting for you lot to get the creases ironed out first
I have done a fair bit of voting though and have to agree the standard of entries seems to be dropping, if the gallery does turn into an elite version of flckr then we will just have to strive to get into the premiere collection.
I have done a fair bit of voting though and have to agree the standard of entries seems to be dropping, if the gallery does turn into an elite version of flckr then we will just have to strive to get into the premiere collection.
Posted 30/12/2011 - 04:02
Link
I've just had one approved in less than 24 hrs!
You must have been working hard Alan.
You must have been working hard Alan.
Posted 30/12/2011 - 06:41
Link
fatspider wrote:
I've not submitted anything to the new system yet, I was waiting for you lot to get the creases ironed out first
I have done a fair bit of voting though and have to agree the standard of entries seems to be dropping, if the gallery does turn into an elite version of flckr then we will just have to strive to get into the premiere collection.
Wow but that is really a hard task - I have only 4 pictures in the premier collection. at the time I got number 4 in I had about 400 in the ppg so only one out of 100 had made it -and as someone else already posted - since the new PPG waslaunched not a single picture made it in the premier collection
I've not submitted anything to the new system yet, I was waiting for you lot to get the creases ironed out first
I have done a fair bit of voting though and have to agree the standard of entries seems to be dropping, if the gallery does turn into an elite version of flckr then we will just have to strive to get into the premiere collection.
_____________________________________________
Colors are the lack of darkness
You find more of my pictures here: https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/axelluther or on my web page: www.axel-luther.com
Colors are the lack of darkness
You find more of my pictures here: https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/axelluther or on my web page: www.axel-luther.com
Posted 30/12/2011 - 06:55
Link
AxelLuther wrote:
Wow but that is really a hard task - I have only 4 pictures in the premier collection. at the time I got number 4 in I had about 400 in the ppg so only one out of 100 had made it -and as someone else already posted - since the new PPG waslaunched not a single picture made it in the premier collection
I would be happy with one in the collection Wow but that is really a hard task - I have only 4 pictures in the premier collection. at the time I got number 4 in I had about 400 in the ppg so only one out of 100 had made it -and as someone else already posted - since the new PPG waslaunched not a single picture made it in the premier collection
Posted 30/12/2011 - 18:17
Link
wadna wrote:
"I agree with Axel's observation that there are a lot of 'snapshot' type pictures being uploaded and accepted. I hope they do not lose sight of the quality requirements."
I have been amazed at the "snapshot quality" of so many of the submissions with no awareness of the quality of light or of visual impact. Landscapes are the prime offender.
I've just had one turned down in less than 24 hours!!!"I agree with Axel's observation that there are a lot of 'snapshot' type pictures being uploaded and accepted. I hope they do not lose sight of the quality requirements."
I have been amazed at the "snapshot quality" of so many of the submissions with no awareness of the quality of light or of visual impact. Landscapes are the prime offender.
The quality of the landscapes is in general poor, some of the still life shots lack 'focus' and as for the portraits.
I can't figure how some of mine get dumped while other people's submissions which are, to say the least, indifferent are getting accepted. Has the majority of the voter base altered to 15 year old chavs or something?
Cheers, HG
K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.
Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...
PPG entries.
K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.
Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...
PPG entries.
Posted 30/12/2011 - 18:31
Link
AxelLuther wrote:
Sounds like a good idea. I presume the premier collection is what the general public see fist on the site?
fatspider wrote:
I've not submitted anything to the new system yet, I was waiting for you lot to get the creases ironed out first
I have done a fair bit of voting though and have to agree the standard of entries seems to be dropping, if the gallery does turn into an elite version of flckr then we will just have to strive to get into the premiere collection.
Wow but that is really a hard task - I have only 4 pictures in the premier collection. at the time I got number 4 in I had about 400 in the ppg so only one out of 100 had made it -and as someone else already posted - since the new PPG waslaunched not a single picture made it in the premier collectionI've not submitted anything to the new system yet, I was waiting for you lot to get the creases ironed out first
I have done a fair bit of voting though and have to agree the standard of entries seems to be dropping, if the gallery does turn into an elite version of flckr then we will just have to strive to get into the premiere collection.
Posted 30/12/2011 - 18:56
Link
Well this is a first I have just run out of pictures to vote on
Posted 31/12/2011 - 03:12
Link
My first acceptance into PPG took less than 24 hrs.one accepted, one declined,3 pending,the standard must be declining,but hey I am not going to complain.
K5iis,K7,KM, MG, Super A, MZ50.
24f2.8; 28f2.8;31 limited; 35f2; 55f1.8; 135f2.8; 400f5.6:
Some zooms
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/jack" target="_blank">
http://c759846.r46.cf2.rackcdn.com/img/black_link.jpg" alt="See my photos featured in the PENTAX Photogallery" />
24f2.8; 28f2.8;31 limited; 35f2; 55f1.8; 135f2.8; 400f5.6:
Some zooms
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/jack" target="_blank">
Posted 31/12/2011 - 10:13
Link
I have had another 1 approved it is taking about 24 hours from the time of posting to approval.
That makes it 2 approved 3 rejected, I put 5 in over 2 days and have them all passed through,within 24 hours.
That makes it 2 approved 3 rejected, I put 5 in over 2 days and have them all passed through,within 24 hours.
K5iis,K7,KM, MG, Super A, MZ50.
24f2.8; 28f2.8;31 limited; 35f2; 55f1.8; 135f2.8; 400f5.6:
Some zooms
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/jack" target="_blank">
http://c759846.r46.cf2.rackcdn.com/img/black_link.jpg" alt="See my photos featured in the PENTAX Photogallery" />
24f2.8; 28f2.8;31 limited; 35f2; 55f1.8; 135f2.8; 400f5.6:
Some zooms
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/jack" target="_blank">
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


4934 posts
15 years
Sheffield,
England
Regards
David
Nicola's Apartments, Kassiopi, Corfu
Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs