Please Sort It Out


Algernon

Link Posted 18/08/2014 - 17:15
There's hardly anything wrong with the design
Don't fix it if it ain't broke!

Just a bit of work on the gallery such as showing a bigger
pic on mouseover is all that's needed.

Most of the problems seem to be with moderation and not
mentioning other brands such as Can...... and Nik.....

--
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi
Last Edited by Algernon on 18/08/2014 - 17:16

jeffstclair

Link Posted 18/08/2014 - 18:38
Yeah I think the site is fine as it is , its clear and easy to use and move around the layout is fine maybe a little bit dated ,but so am I , just a bit of house keeping needed ..off the top of my head.... Get rid of the classified adds in the 'shop' drop down menu it hardly ever gets used and just confuses people ... I think we must try to get folk to explore the site a bit more, lot of people post in the gallery with interesting coments about users photos but never post in the forum ..I'm with Algi on larger photos in the gallery bigger is better IMHO , and on the moderation , It just needs to take a back seat a bit ......and moderate in moderation ..... jeff

davidburleson

Link Posted 18/08/2014 - 19:25
Thanks for the feedback guys. Needless to say, this isn't the first time i've gone through a resdesign of a site. We do have a few great features planned for the gallery to make it a much more enjoyable experience for all our users. We hope that a new fresh design will help make it clearer all that is available without intruding on anyone's existing browsing habits on Pentax User. At the end of the day, we want to be the best place for Pentax users.

In regards to the classified ads, you're right, it is confusing having that and the classified ads forum. I suppose we tried to ad value to the classified ads area, but you just can't beat a forum post. However, some people really don't like the ads in the forum either. Something needs doing to resolve the confusion and improve the experience.

While we may not be the most vocal of teams, we do read what you guys put, ALOT! So, your voice is always being heard. Any further suggestions, feel free to express them here.
Having problems? We're here to help! Contact PU Support.

Algernon

Link Posted 19/08/2014 - 10:34
IMHO the classified adds area in the menu should go. I've only
ever looked at it once. I usually forget it exists.

The other classifieds in the forum seem fine to me. It's
something that the other forums don't have and some lucky
people usually spot a bargain when it suddenly appears such
as somebody selling off say a K-3 for 100....... you have
to be quick!

--
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi

tyronet2000

Link Posted 19/08/2014 - 11:00
Algernon wrote:
IMHO the classified adds area in the menu should go. I've only
ever looked at it once. I usually forget it exists.

The other classifieds in the forum seem fine to me. It's
something that the other forums don't have and some lucky
people usually spot a bargain when it suddenly appears such
as somebody selling off say a K-3 for 100....... you have
to be quick!

--

I agree on this, and sorry I beat you to it Algi
Regards
Stan

PPG

Algernon

Link Posted 19/08/2014 - 11:13
I got one for 50 but the hotshoe cover was missing

--
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi

Simonmac

Link Posted 19/08/2014 - 13:57
I think it boils down to personalities.

Some are stronger than others- I am one who contributes little apart from bluster.

There are many who are a little self opinionated and that scares folk away.

Cheers!

Mac
macmccreery.com
www.flickr.com/photos/simac/
www.500px.com/simac

RayB

Link Posted 19/08/2014 - 16:00
davidburleson wrote:

While we may not be the most vocal of teams, we do read what you guys put, ALOT! So, your voice is always being heard. Any further suggestions, feel free to express them here.

The ability to mute certain posters would be useful, also a "minimum" number of characters in a message before it'll get posted.

You did ask...

oldhat

Link Posted 19/08/2014 - 16:00
In relation to the gallery, would it be possible to introduce a slideshow feature.

tyronet2000

Link Posted 19/08/2014 - 17:04
RayB wrote:
davidburleson wrote:

While we may not be the most vocal of teams, we do read what you guys put, ALOT! So, your voice is always being heard. Any further suggestions, feel free to express them here.

The ability to mute certain posters would be useful, also a "minimum" number of characters in a message before it'll get posted.

You did ask...

If you mean 'ignore' certain posters wouldn't that mean everyone having a filter of some kind attached to their account. That would introduce self moderation and what happens when everyone is ignoring everyone else

oldhat wrote:
In relation to the gallery, would it be possible to introduce a slideshow feature.

Like the sound of that idea, and hopefully a slideshow of the images in enlarged form
Regards
Stan

PPG

judderman62

Link Posted 19/08/2014 - 19:36
Algernon wrote:
IMHO the classified adds area in the menu should go. I've only
ever looked at it once. I usually forget it exists.

The other classifieds in the forum seem fine to me. It's
something that the other forums don't have
and some lucky
people usually spot a bargain when it suddenly appears such
as somebody selling off say a K-3 for 100....... you have
to be quick!

--

Curious why you state this. The US forum, the EU forum and smeggy's forum all have a classifieds forum
- -
Mike

Pentax K5 / Pentax K5 11/ Pentax K200D / Canon Rebel T1 i / Canon 650D / Pentax MX-1 / Fuji XF1 /Fuji X 10 / Canon EOS-M / Canon G10/ Pentax Mz-7 x 2

davidburleson

Link Posted 19/08/2014 - 19:46
Some more really good suggestions there which we will consider as we progress through the new phase of development. Keep them coming guys!
Having problems? We're here to help! Contact PU Support.

Mike-P

Link Posted 19/08/2014 - 19:51
Something I have asked for on quite a few occasions over the years is a "go to last read post" button at the beginning of threads. Saves having to sometimes trawl through pages of posts to get to the last post read (obviously)

Every other forum I use has something similar and one of the other forums even added it within hours of my asking.

Thanks.
No equipment list here but thanks for taking an interest. My Flickr

whatsthisbuttondo

Link Posted 19/08/2014 - 19:52
Classified ads are great bought a lot of stuff on there

davidburleson

Link Posted 19/08/2014 - 20:01
Quote:
Something I have asked for on quite a few occasions over the years is a "go to last read post" button at the beginning of threads.

I don't see any reason why we can't add that in.
Having problems? We're here to help! Contact PU Support.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.