Please Sort It Out


Marat

Link Posted 21/07/2014 - 10:34
Could have a problem with my ad blocker then?

Gwyn

Link Posted 21/07/2014 - 10:44
Marat wrote:
Could have a problem with my ad blocker then?

Could be. I am no longer a paid up member, and I see no ads. Only the official partners section to the right of the screen.
I use adblocker plus.


I think it is sad that this site is slowly dying, but I think that is the fate of many forums over time. Since I am trying to cut back on my time on internet forums I probably won't be joining in on the other forums available and if (when?) this one goes belly-up that will be it for me. I shall miss the social side of the forum, and learning new tricks, but I don't post photos anyway, no matter which forum I would be on, so that won't be a loss.

RussV

Link Posted 21/07/2014 - 10:55
Marat wrote:
I am logged in, with ad blocking software, and currently showing 8 different advertisers?

Marat you dont have plus membership. A small 'PU' is displayed near avatar for those who have.
www.russv.me.uk

Gwyn

Link Posted 21/07/2014 - 11:08
RussV wrote:
Marat wrote:
I am logged in, with ad blocking software, and currently showing 8 different advertisers?

Marat you dont have plus membership. A small 'PU' is displayed near avatar for those who have.

That doesn't matter as long as the ad blocking software is doing it's job. I'm not a Plus member any more, as I said but I see no adverts.

gartmore

Link Posted 21/07/2014 - 21:03
There is no need to have a photobucket account, just click on the image button and follow the simple instructions
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -

tyronet2000

Link Posted 21/07/2014 - 21:06
gartmore wrote:
There is no need to have a photobucket account, just click on the image button and follow the simple instructions

Thanks Ken, it was the amount of buttons but a PM from Smeggy has sorted it out.
Regards
Stan

PPG

gartmore

Link Posted 21/07/2014 - 22:01
Sorry I thought you were complaining about the difficulty of uploading to Pentax User
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -

Mike-P

Link Posted 15/08/2014 - 09:11
joshwa wrote:
Blythman wrote:
Disappointed if there hasn't been some learning taken on board on here following recent activities

We are going to be looking at ways of improving Pentax User / learning from what has happened - over the next couple of weeks, but just because it's behind the scenes and being discussed doesn't mean that nothing is happening.

Someone suggested a Pentax User (site) survey, which we may be doing to see how we can improve the site. Someone else pointed out that articles haven't been updated for a while, and although reviews have been, we will also be looking at this.

We do value members on here, and love it when people post photos on here, so please do keep sharing your photos / posting in the forum etc

So it's been more than a couple of weeks and I can't see that any improvements have been forthcoming. Any news on what may be happening or is it a case of do nothing and hope the rebellion dies a quiet death?

Must say if it's the latter then it seems to have worked.
No equipment list here but thanks for taking an interest. My Flickr

tyronet2000

Link Posted 15/08/2014 - 09:24
Still not sure what improvements are asked for? I've found this site very easy to navigate and upload images and comments. I must admit I'm using the forum less but that is mainly to do with an eyesight problem.
Regards
Stan

PPG

davidburleson

Link Posted 15/08/2014 - 15:57
Mike-P wrote:
joshwa wrote:
Quote:
Disappointed if there hasn't been some learning taken on board on here following recent activities

We are going to be looking at ways of improving Pentax User / learning from what has happened - over the next couple of weeks, but just because it's behind the scenes and being discussed doesn't mean that nothing is happening.

Someone suggested a Pentax User (site) survey, which we may be doing to see how we can improve the site. Someone else pointed out that articles haven't been updated for a while, and although reviews have been, we will also be looking at this.

We do value members on here, and love it when people post photos on here, so please do keep sharing your photos / posting in the forum etc

So it's been more than a couple of weeks and I can't see that any improvements have been forthcoming. Any news on what may be happening or is it a case of do nothing and hope the rebellion dies a quiet death?

Must say if it's the latter then it seems to have worked.

Improvements are in the works. We are currently working on a fresh new design. We won't be moving anything around, but we will be trying to make the pages feel less cluttered and making it easier to read. We also have a few more ideas in the pipeline which we will be announcing and releasing in the coming months. Watch this space...
Having problems? We're here to help! Contact PU Support.

Mike-P

Link Posted 15/08/2014 - 16:10
Thanks for the update
No equipment list here but thanks for taking an interest. My Flickr

judderman62

Link Posted 17/08/2014 - 22:50
tyronet2000 wrote:
Still not sure what improvements are asked for? I've found this site very easy to navigate and upload images and comments. I must admit I'm using the forum less but that is mainly to do with an eyesight problem.

among other things a general chat forum was requested by several members and a less harsh approach to moderation.

That was all a lot of weeks ago and not one thing has changed. On other forums I have seen requested changes be considered and put into place within 24 - 48 hours and less.

If you're holding your breath folks I'd exhale if I were you. I doubt any changes will happen anytime soon.
- -
Mike

Pentax K5 / Pentax K5 11/ Pentax K200D / Canon Rebel T1 i / Canon 650D / Pentax MX-1 / Fuji XF1 /Fuji X 10 / Canon EOS-M / Canon G10/ Pentax Mz-7 x 2

davidburleson

Link Posted 18/08/2014 - 15:08
judderman62 wrote:
tyronet2000 wrote:
Still not sure what improvements are asked for? I've found this site very easy to navigate and upload images and comments. I must admit I'm using the forum less but that is mainly to do with an eyesight problem.

among other things a general chat forum was requested by several members and a less harsh approach to moderation.

That was all a lot of weeks ago and not one thing has changed. On other forums I have seen requested changes be considered and put into place within 24 - 48 hours and less.

If you're holding your breath folks I'd exhale if I were you. I doubt any changes will happen anytime soon.

I think you might be the only one holding your breath. We announced that we will not be implementing a general chat forum quite a while back. More info in the following announcement:

https://www.pentaxuser.com/forum/topic/non-photographic-discussion--forum-sugges...
Having problems? We're here to help! Contact PU Support.

jeffstclair

Link Posted 18/08/2014 - 15:26
How strange , What an odd reply , I think this kind of thing is exactly what we have to address on PU ... Jeff..

davidburleson

Link Posted 18/08/2014 - 16:38
I suppose it depends on what tone you prefer to read it in. I was simply pointing judderman in the right direction of the announcement which he appeared to miss.

On a separate note, we have made some headway with the new design today. What other new features or upgrades would people like to see?
Having problems? We're here to help! Contact PU Support.
Last Edited by davidburleson on 18/08/2014 - 16:38
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.