Please Sort It Out

tyronet2000

Link Posted 19/08/2014 - 20:33
whatsthisbuttondo wrote:
Classified ads are great bought a lot of stuff on there

I think you might be getting mixed up between the Classified Ads under the "Shop" menu, I think it costs to advertise there and nothing for sale there at the moment, and the Classified Adverts under the Forum heading, lots for sale in there. HTH
Regards
Stan

PPG
Last Edited by tyronet2000 on 19/08/2014 - 20:35

piotro

Link Posted 19/08/2014 - 21:27
Came back to check here recently after a long time not looking here, spotted this, while I don't know what has happened - it looks familiar to couple of similar (smaller scale?) "problems" I remember happening in the past , this forum is unique in couple ways ...
--
http://piotr.zenfolio.com
Last Edited by piotro on 19/08/2014 - 21:29

davem

Link Posted 20/08/2014 - 09:35
piotro wrote:
Came back to check here recently after a long time not looking here, spotted this, while I don't know what has happened - it looks familiar to couple of similar (smaller scale?) "problems" I remember happening in the past , this forum is unique in couple ways ...

Explain yourself, please. I think forum problems are often caused by misunderstanding what has been said.

Dave

Mike-P

Link Posted 20/08/2014 - 09:45
davem wrote:

Explain yourself, please. I think forum problems are often caused by misunderstanding what has been said.

Dave

The subject of heavy handed moderation has come up on a few occasions in the past and has led to quite a few members either leaving the forum or being banned.

I have to say though that since this all blew up the moderation seems a lot more low key.

davidburleson wrote:
Quote:
Something I have asked for on quite a few occasions over the years is a "go to last read post" button at the beginning of threads.

I don't see any reason why we can't add that in.

Thanks.
No equipment list here but thanks for taking an interest. My Flickr
Last Edited by Mike-P on 20/08/2014 - 09:47

piotro

Link Posted 20/08/2014 - 10:57
davem wrote:

As Mike said above, this is how I remembered it. You are right, most of those are caused by misunderstanding. Question is why it keeps repeating. It is less of a problem (and natural) for places with large user base, keeping valuable "resources" is a different story.
--
http://piotr.zenfolio.com
Last Edited by piotro on 20/08/2014 - 11:04

RayB

Link Posted 20/08/2014 - 16:09
tyronet2000 wrote:
RayB wrote:
Quote:

While we may not be the most vocal of teams, we do read what you guys put, ALOT! So, your voice is always being heard. Any further suggestions, feel free to express them here.

The ability to mute certain posters would be useful, also a "minimum" number of characters in a message before it'll get posted.

You did ask...

If you mean 'ignore' certain posters wouldn't that mean everyone having a filter of some kind attached to their account. That would introduce self moderation and what happens when everyone is ignoring everyone else

That's exactly what I meant, yes. It is a feature on many forums and one I find quite useful. You can chose to use the "eyeroll" emoticon, but it was uncalled for! The request was for any features we might like to see in the future.

giofi

Link Posted 20/08/2014 - 16:53
A request from me please, not sure if this has been mentioned in this thread.

We should have the possibility to modify classifieds posts to update both the title and original post. At the moments threads can be very confusing and we need to go through pages to find out what was sold and what is the current price. It would be much easier if we could indicate in the original post what is sold and update prices.

thanks
Giorgio

Pentax Photo Gallery
Last Edited by giofi on 20/08/2014 - 16:53

tyronet2000

Link Posted 20/08/2014 - 16:58
giofi wrote:
A request from me please, not sure if this has been mentioned in this thread.

We should have the possibility to modify classifieds posts to update both the title and original post. At the moments threads can be very confusing and we need to go through pages to find out what was sold and what is the current price. It would be much easier if we could indicate in the original post what is sold and update prices.

thanks

Another good suggestion IMHO
Regards
Stan

PPG

Dodge69

Link Posted 20/08/2014 - 17:29
Anything which makes viewing the site less like jumping in a flux-capacitor enhanced DeLorean back to 1985, would be an improvement.
Pentax pour des images riches en détails!

Blythman

Link Posted 20/08/2014 - 20:24
I'd like a comment box which shows the contents of the OP when you hover the mouse over a the title of a forum topic

Seems a fairly common feature on forums
Alan

PPG
Flickr

davem

Link Posted 20/08/2014 - 21:01
I would like to see ideas carried through. A number of times Pentax have asked for our technical questions or suggestions for improvements to kit. We never hear back from them. This has happened again fairly recently.

It would also be good if details of campaigns like the ambassadors were highlighted in the news with links.

I have also noticed recently that the PU membership discounts are not as good as they used to be ( egSRS often offer free postage on their website), and certainly have not got better over the years.

Dave

McGregNi

Link Posted 20/08/2014 - 22:01
I'd like to have the 'Tapatalk' app available for Pentax User ... it makes posting and reading on forums so much easier, reliable & enjoyable on smartphones. There's dedicated buttons for posting functions and smilies, plus you can easily access your active ('subscribed') threads from a specific menu. There's no need to scroll any pages or swipe around the screen, its all formatted and displayed perfectly. It would be a great aid to active posting when limited to a phone, as I often am when travelling or out and about. Please Team, register and give us access to Tapatalk.
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Last Edited by McGregNi on 20/08/2014 - 22:03

gartmore

Link Posted 20/08/2014 - 23:16
Good point Nigel
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -

tyronet2000

Link Posted 21/08/2014 - 09:14
So now I'm going to need a smartphone and or Tablet

Was out and about on Saturday and when the brakes of the bus developed a problem, out of 12 people no one had a phone signal so couldn't access help
Regards
Stan

PPG

Gwyn

Link Posted 21/08/2014 - 09:23
tyronet2000 wrote:
So now I'm going to need a smartphone and or Tablet

Was out and about on Saturday and when the brakes of the bus developed a problem, out of 12 people no one had a phone signal so couldn't access help

No you won't need either Stan.
Tapatalk just makes it easier for those who do have them to use forums from them. As it is PU is hopeless on my Windows phone, unlike most other forums I belong to, so when I am away from home I don't bother with the site, simply because it is too difficult to use.

The lack of phone signal says more about telecommunications in teh UK than about using the forum.
Last Edited by Gwyn on 21/08/2014 - 09:23
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.