Please Sort It Out

InFESTation

Link Posted 24/08/2014 - 18:15
Mike-P wrote:
Something I have asked for on quite a few occasions over the years is a "go to last read post" button at the beginning of threads. Saves having to sometimes trawl through pages of posts to get to the last post read (obviously)

Every other forum I use has something similar and one of the other forums even added it within hours of my asking.

Thanks.

Mike, I just click the green icon and that takes me to the last read post in that thread
Pint o' rough & a game o' darts anyone

Mike-P

Link Posted 24/08/2014 - 20:21
I don't want the last post in the thread though, I want the last post in the thread that I read (which could be pages before the last post)
No equipment list here but thanks for taking an interest. My Flickr

InFESTation

Link Posted 24/08/2014 - 21:54
That is how it works for me, the post that I had last read (this week being a week) and it takes me to the point maybe 2 or 3 pages into a 5 page thread, where it does fail drastically if you close PU down to come back another time.

edit Aaah got you now I think, all get marked as read which is annoying if you don't read everything on one visit meaning having to to trawl through loads, aye that would be nice if it was sorted.
Pint o' rough & a game o' darts anyone
Last Edited by InFESTation on 24/08/2014 - 21:56

Marat

Link Posted 31/08/2014 - 19:57
Well it's a new month tomorrow and coming upto two months since this thread started and I must admit all these new changes are super.

davem

Link Posted 31/08/2014 - 20:57
Its a bit like this 7 page thread that weeks later nothing has happened link

We were asked for questions to put to Pentax experts. Weeks on and no response.

We need some consistency of response or we lose interest.

Dave

judderman62

Link Posted 31/08/2014 - 21:04
compare this to other Pentax forums where ideas have been implemented within 24 - 48 hours on some occasions.There's no reason changes couldn't be made and made quickly .... *** IF *** there were will and genuine intent to do so.
- -
Mike

Pentax K5 / Pentax K5 11/ Pentax K200D / Canon Rebel T1 i / Canon 650D / Pentax MX-1 / Fuji XF1 /Fuji X 10 / Canon EOS-M / Canon G10/ Pentax Mz-7 x 2

bforbes

Link Posted 31/08/2014 - 21:07
Indeed, competitive Pentax forums have been set up in less time.
Barrie
Too Old To Die Young

http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes

Marat

Link Posted 31/08/2014 - 21:27
I am a newbie here so I don't really want to rock the boat, but I do still check in now and again to see if anything has moved on, and to check out the classifieds, but I am sorry to say there are just better options out there now and this site feels like it's been left standing for to long now.

It felt great to be asked to be part of the new development of this site and offer up our suggestions, but this just feels like a political party in election year, I.e. " Yes yes we can do that, yes that's a great idea, oh yes we will look into that for you" and then when you've put the tick in the box and the votes haves been counted and they are happily sat in office, you here nothing but silence.

This just feels like they are throwing you a bone every now and again, I not being funny but davidburleson last logged on 10 days ago?

Algernon

Link Posted 31/08/2014 - 21:45
Watch and be Amazed!!!

--
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi

Marat

Link Posted 31/08/2014 - 22:27
Algernon wrote:
Watch and be Amazed!!!

--

Got to be the longest drum roll ever......

ilovesaabs

Link Posted 31/08/2014 - 23:12
Marat wrote:
I am a newbie here so I don't really want to rock the boat, but I do still check in now and again to see if anything has moved on, and to check out the classifieds, but I am sorry to say there are just better options out there now and this site feels like it's been left standing for to long now.

It felt great to be asked to be part of the new development of this site and offer up our suggestions, but this just feels like a political party in election year, I.e. " Yes yes we can do that, yes that's a great idea, oh yes we will look into that for you" and then when you've put the tick in the box and the votes haves been counted and they are happily sat in office, you here nothing but silence.

This just feels like they are throwing you a bone every now and again, I not being funny but davidburleson last logged on 10 days ago?

It's summer and he might be entitled to a holiday
AKA Welshwizard/PWynneJ
Assorted Pentax/Nikon/Mamiya stuff
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.