Another pointless thread

Lubbyman

Link Posted 03/07/2021 - 11:17
Hardgravity wrote:
The Yanks have got hold of 'The Watch'...

...all I can say is it bears no resemblance to the book, the characters are unrecognizable and props more 'Steam Punk' than Discworld.

How dare they do such a thing to one of the gems of English literature! They need a stern talking to from Granny Weatherwax or a fireball from Mustrum Ridcully. Or perhaps a visit by evil creatures from the dungeon dimensions.

I'm currently reading (not for the first time) Carpe Jugulum. Just got to the point where Granny W. has confronted a vampire. Good stuff - and I don't want my impeccable imagination ever to be spoiled by special effects teams from either side of the pond!

Steve

Hardgravity

Link Posted 03/07/2021 - 11:27
The Witches books are a good read, but I'm currently reading through the Guards series so the travesty really hurts,and to make things worse it's a BBC America production!
Cheers, HG

K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.

Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...

I've some gallerieshere CLICKY LINK! and my PPG entries.

davidwozhere

Link Posted 04/07/2021 - 01:08
With a bit of luck it will flop. Only by sticking to the original will you ever get the Pratchett experience. Fortunately Binky seems to have escaped their notice.
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

Lubbyman

Link Posted 04/07/2021 - 10:11
THEY HAVE NOT ESCAPED MY NOTICE....

Best not to mess around with the Discworld.

Steve

Lubbyman

Link Posted 11/07/2021 - 23:19
Is anyone pleased that the football thingy is all over???

Steve

HarisF1

Link Posted 11/07/2021 - 23:47
Bit of a shame we lost

davidwozhere

Link Posted 12/07/2021 - 01:56
What football thingie?
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

Hardgravity

Link Posted 12/07/2021 - 05:16
Football?

Been too busy watching the Tour de France....
Cheers, HG

K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.

Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...

I've some gallerieshere CLICKY LINK! and my PPG entries.

womble

Link Posted 12/07/2021 - 08:33
davidwozhere wrote:
What football thingie?

Exactly... I was reminded last night that something was happening when my US in-laws started sending whatsapp messages about it.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

OldTaffy

Link Posted 12/07/2021 - 19:12
Lubbyman wrote:

Steve

Yes, a thankful relief, but I was impressed by the slick organization of the medal awarding ceremony at the very end. The way that the UEFA President handed out the medals to the two teams was a masterpiece of planning. It was a conveyor-belt process. Watch how he puts a medal ribbon around a player's neck and shakes him by the right hand while his left hand is reaching behind him for his assistant to pass him the next medal. Faultless. Check it on iPlayer, at the very end: about 2hr 35 to 36 mins from start of:
BBC iPlayer Euro 2020
A few of my photographs in flickr.
Lizars 1910 "Challenge" quarter-plate camera; and some more recent stuff.

jeallen01

Link Posted 12/07/2021 - 22:04
OldTaffy wrote:
Lubbyman wrote:

Steve

Yes, a thankful relief, but I was impressed by the slick organization of the medal awarding ceremony at the very end. The way that the UEFA President handed out the medals to the two teams was a masterpiece of planning. It was a conveyor-belt process. Watch how he puts a medal ribbon around a player's neck and shakes him by the right hand while his left hand is reaching behind him for his assistant to pass him the next medal. Faultless. Check it on iPlayer, at the very end: about 2hr 35 to 36 mins from start of:
BBC iPlayer Euro 2020

K-3 II, K-3 and a K-70 from SRS (having now relegated the K-30 /"K-50" to a backup body), & some Sigma and Pentax lenses (and a lot of old 35mm gear!)

pgweber

Link Posted 13/07/2021 - 07:57
You could tell we haven't been in a medal situation before:

Why didn't the players turn square-on to the president and bow their heads to make the delivery of the medals a bit easier, instead of "see if you can get it over me 'ead".

A bit of extra coaching was needed there.
Peter

Pentax K5
Pentax DA 18-55 Mk1, 50-200 (Samsung), 16-45, 55-300 Mk1, 35 f/2.4
Pentax MZ6 + FA28-90, FA50 f/1.4, M 50 f/1.7
Tamron 80-210mm & 28mm
Last Edited by pgweber on 13/07/2021 - 08:00

pschlute

Link Posted 05/08/2021 - 16:16
For the first time in almost two years I ventured into London yesterday for lunch.

I had some reservations (no, not the table booking type), but all was well when I got my drink. Bloody Mary, in a jam jar, sprig of rosemary and an oyster on top !

Peter

My Flickr page

RobL

Link Posted 05/08/2021 - 16:48
Had they run out of plates and glasses?

Lubbyman

Link Posted 05/08/2021 - 17:25
And was the food served on a slate recently removed from a local roof?

Steve
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.