Another pointless thread

Lubbyman

Link Posted 23/05/2021 - 10:18
Please keep interesting weather and chilly fronts to your side of the country. Ever since I gave my wife the gazebo she wanted for her birthday, the weather has ensured that it has stayed in its original packaging.

Steve

K10D

Link Posted 23/05/2021 - 17:25
Interesting drive. Roads are busy, service stations are packed and there's a few special drivers about .

Main rains due later tonight.

Slight urge to buy a FF camera building.....

Benz3ne

Link Posted 24/05/2021 - 21:38
Been AWOL for a while, acclimatising to starting my second job since finishing uni in 2015.
It has meant Iíve been cycling to work for the first time ever too, clocking 382 miles since March 22nd!
Iíve cycled more than Iíve driven since starting.

I ought to take more photos, really.
Hope yíall well.
Last Edited by Benz3ne on 24/05/2021 - 21:38

Lubbyman

Link Posted 24/05/2021 - 22:31
Welcome back. Cycling by choice or because someone has told you that they need the car more than you do?

Steve

Benz3ne

Link Posted 25/05/2021 - 05:25
Lubbyman wrote:
Welcome back. Cycling by choice or because someone has told you that they need the car more than you do?

Steve

By choice!
Weíve a car each, currently, but itís looking more and more likely that I wonít need mine in the long term.

Thanks for the warm re-welcome!

K10D

Link Posted 25/05/2021 - 06:33
Benz3ne wrote:
Weíve a car each, currently, but itís looking more and more likely that I wonít need mine in the long term.

That can add up to a substantial saving and keep you fit. Not an option for me.

Welcome back.

Hardgravity

Link Posted 25/05/2021 - 08:57
Benz3ne wrote:
Lubbyman wrote:

Steve

By choice!

Thanks for the warm re-welcome!

I keep thinking off getting rid of my car now we're both reired, but it's paid for and cost next to nowt to run so...

HG
Cheers, HG

K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.

Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...

I've some gallerieshere CLICKY LINK! and my PPG entries.

womble

Link Posted 25/05/2021 - 17:16
K10D wrote:
Benz3ne wrote:

That can add up to a substantial saving and keep you fit. Not an option for me.

Welcome back.

I never learnt to drive...
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the cameraÖ they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

K10D

Link Posted 25/05/2021 - 17:32
womble wrote:
I never learnt to drive...

Neither did my eldest lad. He's lived in city centers for the last eight years, Paris, Valletta and now Lisbon.

Lubbyman

Link Posted 25/05/2021 - 17:48
Neither did I. Then I got married. A year or so later I was told to learn to drive because aparently new mothers don't drive themselves home from maternity hospitals.

Steve

Benz3ne

Link Posted 26/05/2021 - 20:24
I can confirm that it would save a lot of money, offloading one of the cars.
Iíve noticed the petrol savings already...
Pre-Cov I was around 260-290 miles a week.
During Cov was around 180-200 miles a week

I do want a new bike now though, so thatíll make a nice dent in whatever Iím looking at spending

womble

Link Posted 27/05/2021 - 06:53
Lubbyman wrote:
Neither did I. Then I got married. A year or so later I was told to learn to drive because aparently new mothers don't drive themselves home from maternity hospitals.

Steve

I never had children either!
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the cameraÖ they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

RobL

Link Posted 27/05/2021 - 09:30
When I worked in a local authority architectsí department we had available an office bike (no sniggers please!) for site visits; imagine how well that went down when the builder turned up in his Jag. Anyhow for a short while we had a very glamorous lady architect who was always dressed like a fashion model so when she arrived on site in her Alfa Romeo I remember the whole site came to a standstill!

K10D

Link Posted 27/05/2021 - 17:21
RobL wrote:
Anyhow for a short while we had a very glamorous lady architect who was always dressed like a fashion model so when she arrived on site in her Alfa Romeo I remember the whole site came to a standstill!

Aye, Alfa's always draw a lot of attention.

Hardgravity

Link Posted 28/05/2021 - 09:53
Better tidy up all the empty bottles and crisp packets..

..Mrs HG has been away for 4 days and comes home today so..

...I'd better have the tidy house or...
Cheers, HG

K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.

Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...

I've some gallerieshere CLICKY LINK! and my PPG entries.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.