Another pointless thread

RobL

Link Posted 14/04/2021 - 11:20
Just had my first haircut in five months - the scene in the Turkish barbers was like a crazy sheep-shearing contest with electric razor-wielding operatives knee-deep in discarded thatch.

vic cross

Link Posted 14/04/2021 - 14:05
Ditto Rob. Yesterday. Except that we have a good friend who is a retired hairdresser and lives two doors away. She came and did Sheilas hair first then set about my hair and she also does my beard. As I'm bald on top and it was getting long at the back I was beginning to look like Bill Baily. Ha Ha. I nearly fell over when I stood up I was so light headed.
CHEERS Vic.
Born again biker with lots of Pentax bits. Every day I wake up is a good day. I'm so old I don't even buy green bananas.

davidwozhere

Link Posted 16/04/2021 - 01:54
I haven't been to the barbers for over 12 months and I have no intention of doing so now. The aim is to emulate the logo of the Quaker gentleman on packets of Quaker oats. It's white and it's thick enough so I shall enjoy a second 'teenage' rebellion.
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

Lubbyman

Link Posted 16/04/2021 - 09:08
davidwozhere wrote:
It's white and it's thick enough so I shall enjoy a second 'teenage' rebellion.

So you missed the chance to have a second 'teenage' rebellion after Lockdown 1?

Steve

jeallen01

Link Posted 17/04/2021 - 16:17
Thank goodness for my long-standing lady hairdresser getting rid of my unruly "Boris thatch" yesterday - I can now see my ears, and not have the hair-ends tickle them very uncomfortably.
K-3 II, K-3 and a K-70 from SRS (having now relegated the K-30 /"K-50" to a backup body), & some Sigma and Pentax lenses (and a lot of old 35mm gear!)

LongTimeLurker

Link Posted 22/04/2021 - 16:55
Random things from a random day off.

1. Have cheese on toast for lunch.

2. Make ginger biscuits using a recipe from my Grandmother.

3. Go for a walk in the glorious spring sunshine. Enjoy the sight and sounds of spring so much I forget to take any pictures.
Nigel.

Getting older and grumpier. Taking longer to decide which lens to use today.

K5 with auto-everything lenses
A collection of manual primes to keep me in touch with the pleasures of doing it old-school.

HarisF1

Link Posted 22/04/2021 - 18:15
This isn't exactly a 'pointless' comment but I've just copied all my files from SD to PC (and wipe) for the first time in over a year.

Maybe it's time to start looking past Covid.

Hardgravity

Link Posted 30/04/2021 - 14:21
Just got back from a supermarket trip..

..they're changing the packaging (why??), which has just made a 10 min shop last 25..

....and I still managed to forget something!
Cheers, HG

K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.

Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...

I've some gallerieshere CLICKY LINK! and my PPG entries.

Lubbyman

Link Posted 30/04/2021 - 16:05
Hardgravity wrote:
....and I still managed to forget something!

It comes with age. You'll get used to it...

And now for something really pointless - BINDWEED. No matter how much you remove, there's always more in the ground.

Steve

davidwozhere

Link Posted 01/05/2021 - 01:01
Pesky stuff. You can't help but leave tiny bits of it - and that's all it needs.
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.