Wilf200D

Joined: 9th January 2009

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

Wilf200D
I like it because it gives a real sense of speed. And nice composition considering it was taken out a car window!

Richard

Comment by Wilf200D posted on high iso b&w at 09/09/2009 - 18:23

Wilf200D
The first one is straight out the camera after adding the soft filter effect so no extra PP. The second is from the RAW file and I fiddled with the colours a bit, reducing saturation and fine tuning WB to lessen the green. It was taken at sunset.

Thanks for the comments,
Richard.

Comment by Wilf200D posted on Cosmos flowers at 09/09/2009 - 16:08

Wilf200D
The same photo but the first is with the soft focus filter effect on the K200D. In the second the saturation is slightly reduced.

[IMG]http://i596.photobucket.com/albums/tt47/Wilf200D/IMGP9460crop.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i596.photobucket.com/albums/tt47/Wilf200D/_IGP90133.jpg[/IMG]


Which do you prefer - do you like either?

Richard

Comment by Wilf200D posted on Cosmos flowers at 09/09/2009 - 09:59

Wilf200D
I shot with 35mm slide film until 18 months ago but my first DSLR has rekindled my interest in, and love of, photography. I could go back to film but really don't feel the need. I've hardly picked up my film slr in a year and a half.

Richard

Comment by Wilf200D posted on dig slr over film at 06/09/2009 - 21:16

Wilf200D
I quite like the Vibrant tone setting - closely followed by Natural, especially with deep pink/magenta flowers.

Richard

Comment by Wilf200D posted on K200D JPEG Settings at 31/07/2009 - 13:04

Wilf200D
My film camera was aperture priority so that's what I'm used to but on my K200D I use P a lot because with the dial set to change aperture it is effectively Av mode. The advantage is that if I see something happening I need to photograph quickly, I can turn on the camera and snap away knowing the shutter speed will usually be ok. If I have more time I can then choose the aperture with the rear dial.
Secondly I use M for manual lenses.

Richard

Comment by Wilf200D posted on Favorite mode and why? at 18/07/2009 - 14:19

Wilf200D
Well I've had a K200D since April 2008 and I am very happy with it. Then a few months ago we got a K20D at work but I can honestly say I still love my K200D. For most functions I use there is little my K200D can't do that the K20D can - you just have to go into the menus more often. I really like the extra dial and switches on the K20D, especially for changing ISO easily, changing metering mode and focus point selection. Being able to adjust focus for different lenses is also very useful on the K20D.
On the K200D I like the AA batteries (eneloops rechargeables last for ages) and I prefer the slightly smaller size of the camera. I don't use live view.
On balance if I could choose again I'd probably go for the K20D for the extra dials/switches, etc and increased resolution but it's a very close thing. It is also extremely good value at the moment.
The kit lens (mkII) is very good too but some of the old manual lenses are great.

Richard

Comment by Wilf200D posted on k200 vs k20 at 16/07/2009 - 08:32

Wilf200D
Well I've had the DA35 for a few weeks now and it's great. Yes, you have to get close but it's not a problem for flowers etc. It's also a really good general lens and beautifully sharp - seems fine wide open from my experience so far. Up 'till recently I have been used to a 50mm macro on film so the DA35 feels just the same to use.

Richard

Comment by Wilf200D posted on 35mm DA Ltd at 21/02/2009 - 21:06

Wilf200D
Thanks for the welcome everyone!

I'll let you know if/when I get that DA35

Comment by Wilf200D posted on Hello. 1st post! at 14/01/2009 - 13:12

Wilf200D
Hello everyone,

Thought I'd better introduce myself. I'm Richard and I live in West Sussex, UK. I bought my first DSLR in April 2008 - a K200D. Since then I've bought some old lenses on ebay of which the M50/1.7 is my favourite - I couldn't believe the difference when I first looked at the photos from it! I got a DA50-200 for my birthday. Now I'm looking to get the DA35/2.8 macro but it's the most I will ever have spent on a lens so I have been hesitant - need to take advantage of the cashback offer so must decide quickly though. I like the macro capability and the fact it can act as a 'normal' lens as well. It seems to be liked by everyone who has it too.
Before my Pentax I used a Minolta X300 for 25 years.

Anyway, that's all for now.

Cheers,
Richard.

Comment by Wilf200D posted on Hello. 1st post! at 13/01/2009 - 21:02

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo