Wilf200D

Joined: 9th January 2009

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

Wilf200D
Is that the Pentax F 35-70? Is it a good lens?

Clocks go forward on Saturday night so one more hour of daylight in the evening - hooray!

Richard

Comment by Wilf200D posted on looking forward to taking a photo at 26/03/2010 - 08:06

Wilf200D
Thanks. I think you're right Kris about the ultrawide not being best for landscapes - that's what my head was telling me but it's going to be hard to get that 15 out of my mind (until I get my wallet out that is!). Good idea to go for second hand, might look around.
I did consider the Sigma 10-20 but really want something small. The 35 is good for landscapes but am looking for something for when I need wider, and is better than the kit lens. That 15 looks fun though, arghh.

Richard

Comment by Wilf200D posted on Heart says 15 head says 21 at 03/03/2010 - 18:24

Wilf200D
Hi,
I am thinking of buying a wide angle Limited prime.
I don't want a zoom because I want something small and light to carry around so I am looking at the DA15 and DA21 limiteds.
But which one?
I need it for landscapes, garden views etc.
I briefly tried out the DA15 in Park Cameras and loved it, the size and sharpness really impressed me but is it the one I need for landscapes etc? It's very wide and also very expensive.
My head says the DA21 is more sensible as I would use it more often - and it is around £150 cheaper.
So my question is, will I get the same feeling when I use a DA21 as I did when I first bought my DA35 Ltd, i.e. Wow! so much better than the kit lens?

Thanks for any guidance,
Richard

Comment by Wilf200D posted on Heart says 15 head says 21 at 03/03/2010 - 15:28

Wilf200D
Interesting that they have the K200D and K20D as well - available for pre order!


Richard

Comment by Wilf200D posted on Its fame is spreading at 16/12/2009 - 08:22

Wilf200D
Hi All,

Just thought I would put in a word for a new Pentax lens, the DA17-70. I have been pleasently surprised with the bokeh from this.
First at f6.3, second at f5.6, both at 70mm.

[IMG]http://i596.photobucket.com/albums/tt47/Wilf200D/IMGP0667.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i596.photobucket.com/albums/tt47/Wilf200D/IMGP0658.jpg[/IMG]

Richard

Comment by Wilf200D posted on Best Bokeh Lens at 01/12/2009 - 09:49

Wilf200D
I like the first one best - the angle of the sun on the mountains and the cool colour of the foreground work for me.

Richard

Comment by Wilf200D posted on Light is everything at 15/09/2009 - 12:37

Wilf200D
Thanks Peter. I was taking pictures with the crowd in to give a sense of scale but I think you are right, it looks a lot more dramatic without!
Cheers,
Richard.

Comment by Wilf200D posted on Balloons! at 14/09/2009 - 20:22

Wilf200D
Wow, that really gives a sense of its size. Great shot.

Richard.

Comment by Wilf200D posted on One from the underside. at 14/09/2009 - 18:37

Wilf200D
Thanks for suggestions.
This is another one I took but I have cropped out the people:

[IMG]http://i596.photobucket.com/albums/tt47/Wilf200D/IMGP9509.jpg[/IMG]

Comment by Wilf200D posted on Balloons! at 14/09/2009 - 16:04

Wilf200D
These are from the Wisborough Green balloon festival in Sussex last weekend. It's hard not to take some nice pictures at an event like this but here are three of my favourites. All with a DA 17-70 (borrowed).

[IMG]http://i596.photobucket.com/albums/tt47/Wilf200D/IMGP9482.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i596.photobucket.com/albums/tt47/Wilf200D/IMGP9498.jpg[/IMG]

...and the last balloon of the evening, in the fading light:

[IMG]http://i596.photobucket.com/albums/tt47/Wilf200D/IMGP9524crop.jpg[/IMG]

Comment by Wilf200D posted on Balloons! at 14/09/2009 - 12:48

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo