Telstar

Joined: 5th June 2009

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

Telstar
NeilP wrote:


No, but I was with someone with a nikon d300 + sigma macro with 3 flash heads mounted on the end. I was the young(er) chap with a beard and light brown hat.
Ok, didnt think he had a pentax but didnt look that close, knew you must of been that in that group though. I turned up while you were finishing lunch in my lil beatup white pickup, the one with a brown hat and a beard, lol (and a companion, the GF, with a D300) spooky

Comment by Telstar posted on Swallowtail butterflies at 18/06/2009 - 08:56

Telstar
Wow too! I may have walked past you as I was there sunday too , though my beginner shots are in no way comparable! link

You wern't the guy with the 3 flash heads mounted on a ring mount on the end of the lens were you? I saw lots of butterflies, no swallowtails thou, must look harder.....

Comment by Telstar posted on Swallowtail butterflies at 18/06/2009 - 00:51

Telstar
Hi and welcome, its probable that your bidding against me sometimes, as I seem to have the same affliction!

Comment by Telstar posted on Hello from Saffron Walden! at 17/06/2009 - 15:20

Telstar
Wheely Flash

Flat-track Fridays, Kings Lynn stadium 12/06/2009 8.22pm

[IMG]http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd135/Taelstar/samsung%20pics/SG100391_edited-1.jpg[/IMG]

Light was failing so set the tripod up and got some trace shots. This is a crop from one, the setting sun reflecting off the wheels quite nicely.

GX-10
1/10 sec
f10
50-200 DA
ISO 100

Comment by Telstar posted on Fortnightly Competition # 18 "Movement" at 15/06/2009 - 19:40

Telstar
Like it! what adaptors are you using - i've got a few telescopes laying around somewhere and always though about connecting them up..

Comment by Telstar posted on Heron Close Up with Telescope at 15/06/2009 - 17:14

Telstar
Thanks CH, the first was a little lucky as just saw the bugs and managed to get a good focus with the 50-200. Judging by the number of macro-like shots i took a dedicated macro lens will be next on my list of to-buy equip.

Any other comments (Good or Bad)? Pointers would be most appreciated

I know the canada geese one isnt that sharp, but it was with the bloody sigma DL on. (then noticed it was at 175 or so so coulda used the 50-200 which seems almost infinitely sharper...)

Comment by Telstar posted on Beginning with my GX-10 at 15/06/2009 - 13:24

Telstar
Well I got a GX-10 twin kit from park 2 weeks ago for £369 delivered, and with the metal mount lenses too. (price online is now £399, but I said I had seen it in a mag advert at £369 so they honored this, didn't mention the mag was 2 months old :wink

Seemed a better deal to me - and i'm very pleased with it too

Comment by Telstar posted on Cheap K-m at PC World! at 13/06/2009 - 23:46

Telstar
Got out today in the glorious weather we had over here in the East, went out to Strumpshaw Fen reserve (RSPB) and got a few ok shots, what do peeps think?
[IMG]http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd135/Taelstar/samsung%20pics/SG100589_edited-1.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd135/Taelstar/samsung%20pics/SG100545_edited-1.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd135/Taelstar/samsung%20pics/SG100505_edited-1.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd135/Taelstar/samsung%20pics/SG100485_edited-1.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd135/Taelstar/samsung%20pics/SG100418_edited-1.jpg[/IMG]


Just been cropped, no other work done to them, and shot as Jpegs rather than raw while i'm getting used to the camera.

Comment by Telstar posted on Beginning with my GX-10 at 13/06/2009 - 22:24

Telstar
Hi all, just joined up here as recently brought myself a GX-10 (with the dual lens package) nice and cheap from park. Was looking around for a DSLR after deciding I had totally outgrown my Fuji bridge, and longing to get back to a proper camera (had a Zeiss SLR many moons ago in my youthful days).

Researched all the entry level Dslr's then read some reviews of the K10/K20, saw the prices for the GX-10's and realised I could have a mid-level camera for the cost of an entry level one. Decision made for me then and there (also remembered the quality of pentax lenses).

The weather proofing will also prove a boon as I shoot outside 98% of the time. Mostly into landscapes/still life and motorsports shooting.

Would like to get some more lenses at somepoint soon, thinking of a prime and maybe a wideangle, though the kit lens does seem surprisingly good at the low end, any suggestions?

Cheers Tel.

Comment by Telstar posted on Hi from Norfolk at 09/06/2009 - 17:16

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo