Hello from Saffron Walden!
Posted 17/06/2009 - 14:25
Link
Hi Tim and welcome to the forum
Posted 17/06/2009 - 15:14
Link
Hi and welcome to the forum.
Regards, Tom
K-1ii,K-3iii's.
SMC PENTAX-F 1:2.8 28mm, HD Pentax-D FA* 1:1.4 50mm SDM AW,
SMC PENTAX-D FA MACRO 1:2.8 100mm WR,
SMC PENTAX-DA* 1:4 300mm ED [IF] SDM,
SMC PENTAX-FA* 1:4 600mm IF & ED,
HD PENTAX -DA 1.4x AW AF REAR CONVERTER,
Pentax Photo Gallery
K-1ii,K-3iii's.
SMC PENTAX-F 1:2.8 28mm, HD Pentax-D FA* 1:1.4 50mm SDM AW,
SMC PENTAX-D FA MACRO 1:2.8 100mm WR,
SMC PENTAX-DA* 1:4 300mm ED [IF] SDM,
SMC PENTAX-FA* 1:4 600mm IF & ED,
HD PENTAX -DA 1.4x AW AF REAR CONVERTER,
Pentax Photo Gallery
Posted 17/06/2009 - 15:20
Link
Hi and welcome, its probable that your bidding against me sometimes, as I seem to have the same affliction!
Bodies: GX20 | MZ-3 | MZ-M | Auto 110 complete kit
Primes: DA*300 F4 | DA40 F2.8 Ltd. | SMC-A 50/1.7 | Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sirius 28/2.8
Macro : SMC-A Dental 100 macro
Zooms: 12-24 SA | 18-55 SA | 50-200 SA | 28-80 FA | 35-80 F | Vivitar 28-200
Other: Bellows | Tube sets | Vivitar 2x PK/A Tele | SEF-36PZF Flash | SBG-D1V Grip | Billingham 335
My Flickr
Primes: DA*300 F4 | DA40 F2.8 Ltd. | SMC-A 50/1.7 | Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sirius 28/2.8
Macro : SMC-A Dental 100 macro
Zooms: 12-24 SA | 18-55 SA | 50-200 SA | 28-80 FA | 35-80 F | Vivitar 28-200
Other: Bellows | Tube sets | Vivitar 2x PK/A Tele | SEF-36PZF Flash | SBG-D1V Grip | Billingham 335
My Flickr
Posted 18/06/2009 - 01:45
Link
Hi Tim welcome
Posted 18/06/2009 - 08:23
Link
Thanks everyone!
Rob you are just down the road! Saw your Duxford pics too, they look great! I don't often make it up there but it is just a couple of miles away from where I'm sitting
Rob you are just down the road! Saw your Duxford pics too, they look great! I don't often make it up there but it is just a couple of miles away from where I'm sitting
Tim
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27, Macbook Pro 17, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr Fluidr PPG Street Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27, Macbook Pro 17, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr Fluidr PPG Street Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
Posted 18/06/2009 - 17:58
Link
Hi Tim, and welcome. Pretty village you live in. I dug near there a few years back at Audley End.
Cheers, Kris
Cheers, Kris
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
Posted 18/06/2009 - 19:12
Link
Hi Tim
Welcome to you and your collection of older lenses
Certainly is a nice place, particularly like that walled garden
Cheers
Rich
Welcome to you and your collection of older lenses
Certainly is a nice place, particularly like that walled garden
Cheers
Rich
Posted 19/06/2009 - 08:53
Link
Thanks guys!
Womble what were you digging at Audley End?
Leytono I guess you mean the huge walled kitchen garden at Audley End House? It is very nice indeed, an incredible sun trap. I was down there a few weekends back and it was too hot to stay in that garden for more than a few minutes.
As you will probably see over the next few weeks as I test drive some of these ye olde lenses, I spend many weekends down at Audley End House and the miniature railway. I only go to the railway because my little boy loves it! (Yeah, thats right ... it's for him ... nothing to do with me ...
Womble what were you digging at Audley End?
Leytono I guess you mean the huge walled kitchen garden at Audley End House? It is very nice indeed, an incredible sun trap. I was down there a few weekends back and it was too hot to stay in that garden for more than a few minutes.
As you will probably see over the next few weeks as I test drive some of these ye olde lenses, I spend many weekends down at Audley End House and the miniature railway. I only go to the railway because my little boy loves it! (Yeah, thats right ... it's for him ... nothing to do with me ...
Tim
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27, Macbook Pro 17, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr Fluidr PPG Street Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27, Macbook Pro 17, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr Fluidr PPG Street Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
Posted 19/06/2009 - 09:23
Link
Audley End is very pleasant, but I was thinking of the gardens in the town, think they are called Bridge End Gardens, but not 100% sure
Looking forward to seeing some pics if you can drag your little lad away from the miniature railway
Cheers
Rich
Looking forward to seeing some pics if you can drag your little lad away from the miniature railway
Cheers
Rich
Posted 19/06/2009 - 20:36
Link
Welcome Tim, this is a great place to be. Trains are great through the lens, getting a few Pentax owners in East Anglia now.
Cedric
Cedric
Enjoy life
Posted 19/06/2009 - 20:57
Link
Rich, ah yes Bridge End gardens in town. Just noticed you are even closer than Rob!
I must get some of my oh-so-very-average photos up Should I be trying to upload them to the gallery here or is linking from my flickr account preferred?
I must get some of my oh-so-very-average photos up Should I be trying to upload them to the gallery here or is linking from my flickr account preferred?
Tim
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27, Macbook Pro 17, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr Fluidr PPG Street Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27, Macbook Pro 17, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr Fluidr PPG Street Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


4798 posts
17 years
Saffron Walden,
Essex
Been lurking for a couple weeks, reading old topics in the Lens subforum. I seem to now be addicted to buying 40 year old lenses on eBay. I blame everyone here!
I have a 2.5 year old son, who is the subject in 90% of my photos!
Learnt a lot already in 2 weeks, hope to learn more!
Cheers,
Tim
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27, Macbook Pro 17, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr Fluidr PPG Street Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!