Telstar

Joined: 5th June 2009

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

Telstar
Well, 08445 616263 would be a place to start, - main 'switchboard' that should be able to direct you to someone who can help, and the reference for the store that has the largest amount in stock is store 0694.

Comment by Telstar posted on Samsung 12-24mm F4 at 13/07/2009 - 11:07

Telstar
No joy with the number I had been given I'm afraid. Was the customer service for the Dixons duty-free side but turns out they just deal with returns when items are brought from the plane-side outlets.

Appears this may have to be taken up with dixons head office to try to get some items transferred. Anyone else fancy taking up the challenge to try and get an answer? I'm now at work and havent really got the time to chase this any further at present.....

Stock number for the item is 951565, and 19+ of them are shown as being on-hand stock at various Heathrow dixons outlets.

Comment by Telstar posted on Samsung 12-24mm F4 at 13/07/2009 - 10:42

Telstar
Hi all, some CC needed again i'm afraid.
Popped out to a local park today with the girlfriend to get some pics as had an hour spare and the weather was surprisingly pleasant.

Got the following pics, (and plenty more, the 'best*' of which are on my Flickr)

Now they are mostly sharp (to my eyes) and seem exposed correctly on my admittedly non-calibrated screen but they just dont jump at me as any good. Must say not impressed myself so any pointers as to what i could be doing to improve?
Most were with the 50-200 tripod mounted (though at iso 400 purely because I had forgotten I had been in low-light last time I had used the camera! Doh!). I don't see that as the problem - more composition issues to me

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image


The only pic I ended up happy with was this one (out of about 60 odd), which was a quickly improvised shot where I laid the tripod down to about 15 degree's, quickly framed and focused and clicked off a shot...

Comment Image

Comment by Telstar posted on Todays pics, not convinced! at 13/07/2009 - 00:45

Telstar
RichardDay wrote:
Me too!

I will drive there and collect them for forum members!
That would be great richard, count me in if you do, the only snag to that is as they are a duty free outlet, access to the store could be restricted to those in the boarding lounge. I havent been through heathrow recently so I cant say for sure where the stores are actually located.

Comment by Telstar posted on Samsung 12-24mm F4 at 12/07/2009 - 13:31

Telstar
Park camera link

Comment by Telstar posted on WTB: Pentax SMC-FA 35mm f/2 AL at 11/07/2009 - 23:43

Telstar
womble wrote:
I am on Monday. Which terminal?
Not sure which terminal, but the stock screen i saw showed 3 seperate 'heathrow' outlets, with 16-2-1 at them, so it would appear some at each terminal.

I'm sure if you could get some members on here would bite your hand off for them. (me certainly!)

Oh and as an aside the store in Norwich I was at (sweet briar estate) had a new GX-20 with dual lens kit as a managers special clearance at £499 too (only 1 off)

Comment by Telstar posted on Samsung 12-24mm F4 at 11/07/2009 - 22:19

Telstar
Following Shim's comment on another thread regarding Currys doing these lenses at £199 i've done some investigation.
As he suspected they have in effect all gone now in all the normal curry's/dixons outlets, but after chatting to a very helpful member of staff, and his knowledge of their stock system we managed to find a supply of them, at the same price. The problem is that the store that has all the lenses left, still at the £199 (19 of them in fact!!) is the dixons duty free store at Heathrow.

So far i have had no luck getting through to them, and the only contact number i have will have to wait till Monday for there to be someone on the other end. Unfortunately the duty free side is actually classed a different company from the main one, so a transfer between stores is looking unlikely

So is anyone going away soon through Heathrow? and if so would they be prepared to buy some of them for users here?

Comment by Telstar posted on Samsung 12-24mm F4 at 11/07/2009 - 14:19

Telstar
PM sent

Comment by Telstar posted on Samsung Grip - SBG-D1V at 09/07/2009 - 23:38

Telstar
Thanks Cornishjock, just ordered myself one from the Peter Jones branch too. Thanks for posting the number! I had tried the customer services route, but the item/number has apparently been expunged from the system so they can't say which stores have stock left.

Comment by Telstar posted on Samsung flash - on clearance at John Lewis at 07/07/2009 - 15:23

Telstar
What got me about the latest Ap was the 'best DSLR for £600' feature. All cameras got a fairly good review (K20 included) and the final conclusion was the pentax/samsung if liveview/video isnt required, otherwise the nikon just shaded the canon. All very well, but on the cover, under the strap line of 'Best DSLR for £600' is a picture of the Canon. no others in the shot, and to a casual observer glancing at the cover on a newstand it would appear to be a question and answer......

Comment by Telstar posted on Maybe Not So Biased After All? at 04/07/2009 - 16:49

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo