Steep

Joined: 2nd August 2011

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

Steep
wvbarnes wrote:
Hi,

that's fun, never though to try it. Just did!

My KR in Hi mode did 11 frames very very quickly before a fractional hesitation to 12
K-r 11 frames hesitate then 12 followed by a few seconds writing to card with an Integral class 10 16Gb supposedly capable of 20Mb/s.

Same buffer with a class 2 Sandisk micro card in an adaptor, but the write to card to ages, I got bored and went to put the kettle on before it had finished

'They' do say class 6 is fast enough for most cameras, class 10 just gives you that little bit of an edge I reckon.

Comment by Steep posted on card speeds... at 19/08/2011 - 16:04

Steep
Ricohs' plans? make a profit. I doubt they would do that by releasing masses of prime lenses to a relatively small number of potential buyers, joe public wants a lightweight sharp superzoom and if I'm honest so do I.

Comment by Steep posted on An open Letter to Ricoh at 19/08/2011 - 09:53

Steep
asgr wrote:
The Q will struggle for my favour due to lack of shallow DoF in the raw files.
I can't see how choice of file type would affect Depth of Field, did you mean something else?

Comment by Steep posted on Best compact set up at 17/08/2011 - 13:23

Steep
PentaxUser has it I think, the shutter is usually in two halves and it sounds like the top half of yours is not working.

Comment by Steep posted on istDs shooting half the picture taken at 17/08/2011 - 00:09

Steep
I've owned a Sigma 10-20, as with all Sigma lenses quality is a lottery, I was lucky and got a reasonable one. excellent in the centre but falling off towards the edges with noticable vignetting at the 10mm end (this was on a Canon for reference). My advice there is to shop locally so you can try it first, or at least from somewhere that has a decent returns policy. When you get a good one they can be very good mind you.

Comment by Steep posted on Ultra Wide-Angle Lens at 16/08/2011 - 11:22

Steep
19 months of all day every day use would not be bad Seriously though, where Epson printers fail most is when they are 'not' used because the ink dries in the jets and can be a pain to clear.
I've had many Epron printers and all of them have suffered the same because I don't print a lot, Isopropyl Alchohol and a syringe has always worked to clear the print head though.

Comment by Steep posted on It's that time again (printer advice) at 16/08/2011 - 11:11

Steep
A3 or above a ciss is a must I reckon. If you're printing professionally you have no choice but to choose quality inks and pass the cost on but otherwise there are a selection of oem inks and systems for most Epson printers.

Comment by Steep posted on It's that time again (printer advice) at 16/08/2011 - 08:45

Steep
If only I had ten grand to spare....

Comment by Steep posted on EISA Award 645D at 15/08/2011 - 21:50

Steep
For years now I've had this Image in my head that I would dearly love to take.

There's a shopping center in town, underneath it is a loading bay area, typical grey concrete and strip lights, There are two service lifts there, the ones with the manual concertina doors.

The shot is stark, black and white, looking in the open door of one of the lifts where there's a small girl standing wearing a red coat in pool of pale light, the girl is the only part of the shot in colour.

The Image would be titled Schindlers Lifts...

Comment by Steep posted on one wish at 14/08/2011 - 14:35

Steep
I have a cheap oem battery too, it works fine, maybe not for quite as long as the original but long enough. Also bought a AA battery adaptor, both items from China via eBay for peanuts.

Comment by Steep posted on Spare Battery for KR at 14/08/2011 - 13:15

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo