Steep

Joined: 2nd August 2011

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

Steep
Cheers guys. I've never been that happy with the results at higher iso settings so tend to keep it at 100 as much as possible. The second shot there was at 1/400th so shutter speed/iso wasn't the problem. The more I look at it the more I think the focus is a bit out and that's probably down to using AF-C, the focus point has caught a wave perhaps.

When I go there I'm usually standing for two to three hours. The K3 plus 300mm plus grip is a fantastic combo but very heavy and if I'm having to hold it for that length of time I get very shaky hands/arms so the monopod is a must (and I have a home made rig that gives me plenty of easy movement at the head). I'd use the tripod but that really does get cumbersome.

Comment by Steep posted on Fish Supper at 07/06/2014 - 23:19

Steep
Here's an example which would have been a far better shot if it had worked. Problems were mostly that the dolphins were quick, here and gone and never in the same place twice.. Although I was using the monopod you have to take into account my shakey hand too... The blur to the left is the back of someones head, the point was very busy as it is most days now.

Comment Image

Comment by Steep posted on Fish Supper at 07/06/2014 - 22:05

Steep
Cheers guys, there were better pictures but none sharp.

Comment by Steep posted on Fish Supper at 07/06/2014 - 20:35

Steep
276 frames shot, tons of great captures but only one that's halfway sharp!

At Chanonry Point this evening.
Comment Image

Comment by Steep posted on Fish Supper at 07/06/2014 - 20:17

Steep
£99.99 in Amazon today but only two left.

Comment by Steep posted on DA35 f2.4 AL at 28/05/2014 - 18:40

Steep
Surely a good photograph comes from it's content? it doesn't have to be the most technically perfect image to be a world beating image although clearly combining both is better. Having a feel for the subject is what makes a good photographer in my mind too James, without that feeling it's still possible to take a great image but it's more down to luck and timing. Depending on what kind of photography you're into you can engineer the situation (studio) or just make sure you're in the right place and ready when the conditions are right to make the image you want (see Colin Prior in the Karakoram as an example).

Comment by Steep posted on Takes good pictures or Good Photographer? at 27/05/2014 - 12:45

Steep
Wow! excellent stuff.

Comment by Steep posted on 300 DA* .. also an excellent lens for macro photographing at 20/05/2014 - 19:10

Steep
I can only agree with everyone else, great shots. You were lucky to find two real posers for your first trip out

Comment by Steep posted on First shots with my new MX-1 at 18/05/2014 - 08:38

Steep
First day out with mine.

Both shots DA*300 + the 1.4HD

Dripping Gull.
Comment Image


Don't know this dogs name but It's probably sandy.
Comment Image

Comment by Steep posted on £100 OFF NEW HD 1.4x Converter - Clifton Cameras at 16/05/2014 - 21:43

Steep
Postie tried to deliver mine this morning too according to the interwebby thing, quick service from Clifton Cameras.

Comment by Steep posted on £100 OFF NEW HD 1.4x Converter - Clifton Cameras at 13/05/2014 - 13:47

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo