Sry

Joined: 22nd March 2018

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

Sry
Ditto, nice colors and textures here.

Comment by Sry posted on paper wasp at 29/04/2018 - 16:58

Sry
Stunning photograpy, once again. I have a personal preference for what I'd consider the more intimate shots (4, 8, 10), but you certainly have the Night Time Thing going!

Comment by Sry posted on On the Road - Night Time at 29/04/2018 - 16:49

Sry
Back from a two week stay in Ballyvaughan, Co. Clare, I'll be sharing a few landscapes as they get processed. Burren is such a beautiful place to drive/walk around, and the small town of Ballyvaughan a great place to simply relax and enjoy a cozy peat fire at the cottage before going out to O'Loclainn's pub for a pint or a dram (and a song or two or three...) And mid-april (our favored vacation time) is just on the edge of heavy tourism time, so we got to enjoy the locals without feeling part of the overnumbering party

I only took one lens, so all pictures were taken with the M28 f3.5.

For starters, a couple of images of a church ruin near the town of Carran:

Comment Image


Comment Image

Comment by Sry posted on Irish landscapes at 29/04/2018 - 16:38

Sry
Great!

Comment by Sry posted on Burnt at 05/04/2018 - 08:22

Sry
Very nice textures and interesting light. I find most of the image is happening closer to the center so I would agree with pschlute that a square crop would work well.

Comment by Sry posted on Burnt at 04/04/2018 - 22:09

Sry
Nice textures through the mono treatment, which pulls the muscari towards an abstract image. I'd probably go for a less contrasty look, as I'd be going for the delicate side of the flowers. Your perspective works

Comment by Sry posted on Grape Hyacinth at 02/04/2018 - 20:03

Sry
Nice tones overall. I like the last image in particular, it feels more engaged with the subject to me.
I appreciate "dull" days for photography - the very diffuse light brings out less blatant characteristics in subjects.

Comment by Sry posted on A few with the 18-50 RE at 02/04/2018 - 19:51

Sry
davidwozhere wrote:

As to your problem with the screen, can you put a towel over your head and the camera? I do this now and then to see in Live View.
Ah, that's not what I meant. I've actually had little to no problem at all with the screen itself, it's simply that looking at it (in a landscape context) I just don't "feel" the view. I don't have that problem for other types of images (concerts, (environmental) portraits, objects... with which I feel much more physically engaged, even through the screen. Probably because I am much closer to them. I'll try draping something over the camera though, it may help to "focus" my mind on the subject.

i-Berg wrote:
You'll get various perspectives
That's always a good thing

i-Berg wrote:
Go back the same locations in different light, (...)
As I said to David, the problem is more about "feeling" the image (which I "see" in my mind's eye) through the screen. A problem I only encounter when doing landscapes. Your suggestions are duly noted nonetheless!

i-Berg wrote:
Then - on to post-processing. That's a whole art form in itself...
...which I very much enjoy!

DSP121 wrote:
I like the beauty of this image!

The B&W is making it so enhancing.
Thank you. I do appreciate colour photograpy, but I have a preference for B&W (and am quite aware of the extended set of skills I'd need to spend time developping if I wanted to delve more deeply into colour) .

razashaikh wrote:
Blends well with B&W filter.
Thanks

Comment by Sry posted on Landscapes are a difficult genre (to me) at 02/04/2018 - 19:39

Sry
alfpics wrote:
Your photo is a real beauty, and works well in B&W IMO.
Thank you. It did turn out as I was hoping it to, but taking the shot felt like a guessing game.

alfpics wrote:
I have to say I don't find using a screen natural, but then I have been relying on an optical viewfinder for over 40 years
I must admit I wasn't sure I was making the right choice when I bought the K-01 (but it was on closeout and half the price of the K-30). I felt comfortable right away though. I still think an ovf would suit me better but the lcd is generally fine. Evf's on the other hand... definitely not for me.

doingthebobs wrote:
I seem to be involved with the image somehow when using the viewfinder. Just not the same looking at the screen.
I agree. For people shots however I'm sufficiently close that I feel quite involved.

doingthebobs wrote:

It also doesn't help that I need the glasses on for close viewing the screen but the viewfinder adjusts for my eyesight.
I'm near-sighted, so I hold the camera very close to my face and look at the screen over my glasses

johnriley wrote:
I thought you'd posted that earlier as well, but I'm wondering if you added it to another thread. The picture looks familiar, and very good it is as well.
Maybe I did And, thanks

Comment by Sry posted on Landscapes are a difficult genre (to me) at 30/03/2018 - 23:17

Sry
derek897 wrote:

I keep getting
You are a lucky visitor popup. Claim your iPhone 7 now.
Maddening.
I got those all of a sudden on my previous phone. They would show up when browsing one specific website/forum. My thinking is it got installed through a downloaded app (bundled with it, but not blatantly so). I've no idea which one though... I hate the malignant nature of much of today's "advertisement".

Comment by Sry posted on Site popups at 30/03/2018 - 16:58

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo