Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Pentax 45-125mm f/4 zoom

spbatt
Posted 20/07/2004 - 10:56 Link
Do any group members have any experience of this lens? I have acquired one but I had not been aware of this lens at all before. Finding out anything about this lens on the web is difficult so any info would be appreciated.

Thanks
Simon
johnriley
Posted 20/07/2004 - 12:32 Link
This is one of the early Pentax zooms. It is huge and heavy by modern standards, but I understand its performance was very good. I do not have any personal experience of using the lens, perhaps someone else does?
Best regards, John
Stephen
Posted 22/07/2004 - 08:02 Link
I have had oneof these for a while now - originally purchased to compliment my K series camera bodies. It is a big heavy lens (by modern standards) but I have found the optical performance to be excellent (as with most Pentax glass).Took me ages to track down the right lens hood for it though!
Stephen
Kim C
Posted 23/07/2004 - 14:41 Link
Hi John,
I will endorse those thoughts. It is a cracking lens. I find it useful because it covers a very useful area you sometimes have to use 2 others for. It was the bayonet version of the SMC Takumar 45-125 which is an even rarer beast. full details of the lens are on Boz's site.

Kim
spbatt
Posted 06/08/2004 - 10:38 Link
It does seem like a cracking lens already!! I have a good sample shot to upload to the net. Can anyone tell me the best free image display website and a good file size for this image? I don't want thumb tapping waiting times but would like decent quality.

Many thanks,
Simon

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.