SPB

Joined: 25th December 2005

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

SPB
I bought the DL-body only with the da40mm as my "standard" and whilst I never intended to buy zooms, of course, one has to limit expense(!) I bought the 50-200 also new and the 18-35 second-hand for around 40 quid:-

DA 40mm
DA 50-200
FA J 18-35

So I would buy body only. BUT choose your lenses carefully to suit your tastes and usage. You already have 3 decent primes so I would keep those and use them to begin with. You can then look around. Pentax are also introducing a nice da-21 (3.2). Choices!

I like all three lenses. They work well in auto mode and also are dead easy to use with manual focus, something I thought may be difficult for me. So far no problem.

However, on the 50-200 I have internal dust - I just hope it will never be a problem!

Comment by SPB posted on Additional lenses at 05/05/2006 - 17:39

SPB
It would be my understanding that the camera shop should have stamped a normal Pentax International guarantee card, allowing you to walk into any Pentax authorized shop anywhere in the world with your gear in the period of warranty.

However, if the product is from an "unofficial" source i.e. grey import, then you are stuck with no paddle and no oar.

Comment by SPB posted on Product registartion and warranty at 08/05/2006 - 20:52

SPB
if I use the scroll down bar and therefore cut off the header Liam's World, then I can also roll over and see the picture and titles, but without scrolling down first no. My no-name screen is set to same 1024x768

Comment by SPB posted on Welcome to the Pink Flamingo! at 14/04/2006 - 18:54

SPB
Liam in Camino and Safari on the Mac, all the pictures are too low. It is a nice effect of rolling over the photo for the bigger lower photo to be displayed, but as I said half of it is not visible and I have what I thought was a large LCD 17" screen.

Comment by SPB posted on Welcome to the Pink Flamingo! at 14/04/2006 - 17:46

SPB
Liam I used a DL and the 50-200mm zoom and had fun "placing" the lens through the gaps in the fences, but I think I came away with some great photos. None of which have had very much done to them in my new software Bibble Labs. I seem to be able to get better results with that than with Photoshop Elements.

http://web.mac.com/stevenbutterworth/iWeb/Zoos/Rothenburg.html

The Syrian Brown Bear is taken with the Pentax gear
http://web.mac.com/stevenbutterworth/iWeb/Zoos/Arth.html

I am hoping to have my mitts on a 500mm Tokina Mirror soon.......

Comment by SPB posted on Welcome to the Pink Flamingo! at 14/04/2006 - 08:34

SPB
An update on Taco and Galerie. I am still using Taco, but I have finally become comfortable with using Extensis Portfolio as the web-page generator as well as the database. So from now onwards it is Taco and Portfolio for my image web pages and Taco for the rest.

Comment by SPB posted on Web design software at 04/11/2006 - 17:05

SPB
Yep CSS Zen Garden is super, I bought the book as well, has taught me a lot.

Comment by SPB posted on Web design software at 20/10/2006 - 22:41

SPB
Now back with Taco and Galerie and closing down iWeb completely. Too many times, one can spend lots of time trying to publish, and it fails. At the same time I can write HTML and prepare new galleries and upload them to Homepage, without a problem.

Comment by SPB posted on Web design software at 16/09/2006 - 22:03

SPB
Half way through publishing. So it seems indeed that the new update fixes what became broken on the previous update.

Comment by SPB posted on Web design software at 28/05/2006 - 09:04

SPB
That's strange then because it publishes to a folder fine even with the latest version, but refuses to then publish to .mac which today is completely down. The mail is back up this morning though but I cannot access .mac

Comment by SPB posted on Web design software at 25/05/2006 - 06:07

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo