Smeggypants

Joined: 11th October 2009

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

Smeggypants
Very impressed with the crops and cool shots. DFA is a full frame lens isn't it?

Comment by Smeggypants posted on First play with new toy - 150-450mm at 01/09/2015 - 20:55

Smeggypants
bjolester wrote:


Smeggypants wrote:
the film is noisier but the images are more pleasing
I applied some "edge sharpening" to the film image, but no noise reduction. A touch of noise reduction could possibly have improved the image, but it is still 35mm film... (BTW: I love grain)
I much prefer noise/Grain to the smearing artefacts of noise reduction

Comment by Smeggypants posted on Pentax SMC K28mm f3.5 on Pentax fullframe at 01/09/2015 - 17:14

Smeggypants
davidstorm wrote:
I would echo the recommendation for a Sigma 17-70 F2.8-4 HSM OS lens, the close focussing is pretty good and fine for everyday use on flowers, butterflies etc. No, it's not true macro but it's a good compromise. In addition, the lens itself is superb as a walkabout and is my most used lens. Good for landscapes, good for portraits, there's not much this lens can't do.

Regards
David
What David said. I have the Sigma 17-70 F2.8-4.5 version and love it.

Comment by Smeggypants posted on Looking for a general use quick lens with 'macro' capability at 31/08/2015 - 23:24

Smeggypants
the film is noisier but the images are more pleasing

Comment by Smeggypants posted on Pentax SMC K28mm f3.5 on Pentax fullframe at 31/08/2015 - 23:22

Smeggypants
Conqueror wrote:
The K-5 mk1 will still be a massive leap in sensor performance.
Certainly will. I was immediately impressed when I got my First K-5 ( previously had a K-20D ) - I haven't seen such a leap in quality since. K3 is worse at high ISO.

I currently own a K-5 and a K-5IIs. no difference in IQ to worry about

Comment by Smeggypants posted on K7 - K5 - worthwhile upgrade??? at 31/08/2015 - 19:10

Smeggypants
cabstar wrote:

Latest Lightroom 6 now uses graphics cards
Only a for a limited amount of functions. Sadly.

Comment by Smeggypants posted on help choosing new laptop. at 22/08/2015 - 20:47

Smeggypants
bwlchmawr wrote:
I've always bought cheap no-name back-up batteries off Ebay and they've all, without exception, worked well on all brands of camera. They last just as long as the originals, in fact, I alternate between them and never know which I'm using at the time.
Same here.

Comment by Smeggypants posted on Battery replacements: D-Li90 recommendations at 18/08/2015 - 14:27

Smeggypants
Another Luftwaffe invasion expected?

Comment by Smeggypants posted on heads up at 17/08/2015 - 04:13

Smeggypants
MrB wrote:
From recent events, we should all be well aware of the reliability of polls! So it would seem to me that a poll of 65, taken in a brand exclusive forum of tens of thousands of members, does little to illuminate the statement I made above.

Cheers.
Philip
There are also plenty of other reasons for choosing between the two models, so the poll is no real indicator of whether people want Flash or GPS anyway

Comment by Smeggypants posted on Who dominates the DSLR Market ? Some 2015 published indicative info / stats at 11/08/2015 - 22:06

Smeggypants
richandfleur wrote:
Smeggypants wrote:
I've bought no end of lenses that have come with a skylight filter attached. First thing I do is remove it and put it in the box with the dozens of skylight filters.
Lol I do this too, only pulling them back out again if I sell the lens, so I have something to list as an add on / upsell.

"includes free uv filter" ...
I now know who I bought most of my lenses from

Comment by Smeggypants posted on Protection Filters at 03/08/2015 - 19:42

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo