selectcase

Joined: 26th April 2004

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

selectcase
I store some in my kit bag and some in the bedside cabinet and have never had any problems - i always use silica gel sachets in both situation to soak up any moisture. I get them from e-bay and a years supply would cost about £10. you can get differant sizes - i use 2 100g sachets in my kit bag and have reciently bought 100 1gram sachets which are small and useful for slipping next to or on lenses. I replace them about every 3 - 4 months

Comment by selectcase posted on what causes the Fungus infection? at 15/11/2009 - 20:37

selectcase
ok thanks - I took the pics in raw format so have scope to play in photoshop raw with the exposure etc - but i need to do a little reading up first - I have one with more headroom as well so i will get to work and post up some revisions.

cheers

will

Comment by selectcase posted on victoria at 15/11/2009 - 16:03

selectcase
Fungus spores are all around us all the time - what causes it in lenses is when they are stored in high humidity/dark conditions that are ideal for the spores to start to grow - the fungus then eats the lens coating and on older lenses the glue/cement etc as well

To avoid it keep your lenses dry - if you have been out in damp weather leave them in a dry room out in the open for 24 hours - I use silica gel sachets and put these in my kit bag and where i store my lenses.

oh and the last thing is dont worry too much about getting fungus on your lenses - basic sensible storage will avoid it.

Comment by selectcase posted on what causes the Fungus infection? at 15/11/2009 - 09:42

selectcase
I allready have the book but thanks for the offer james. the online tutorial are useful thanks gareth - i forgot i also had some cd's saved back as well

cheers

will

Comment by selectcase posted on can anyone recommend a good photoshop cs2 book? at 14/11/2009 - 18:33

selectcase
I am getting in to the Martin evening book at the mo and learing my way around the interface - so far so good but your'e right google will probobly reveal some very useful results

Comment by selectcase posted on can anyone recommend a good photoshop cs2 book? at 14/11/2009 - 11:52

selectcase
I have a copy of photoshop cs2 and to be honest its overwhelming - I have the scott kelby book but i dont really get on with it because if you dont want do do exactly what he describes there is no answer - (e.g. i want to replace a background) - i have also got martin evenings book and i think I am going to have to start going through it but its massive - anyone got any other favourates before i start reading martin evenings adobe photoshop for photographers ? especialy ones for beginners

apologies for spelling/grammer - ive been up too long wrestling with this software and reading books - off to bed now

thanks

will

Comment by selectcase posted on can anyone recommend a good photoshop cs2 book? at 14/11/2009 - 01:49

selectcase
Just joined a local camera club and they had a portrait night - we did not get much time - about 3 minutes each but I managed to get some ok shots for my first attempt at this genre- I will add some more once I have processed them but for now I have added one to my gallery. Any comments welcome - I think with this one I should have caught the eyes better - the link is below
link

Comment by selectcase posted on victoria at 13/11/2009 - 09:26

selectcase
i have been using the pentax sensor claening system for the past 20 months and its still working fine - its a good piece of kit, easy to use and does a good job. just remember not to put much pressure on the sensor and you will be fine - the youtube video is a good one to watch

Comment by selectcase posted on Sensor Dust - Zeelon Anti-Static Blower at 12/11/2009 - 12:56

selectcase
SRS will be ok I should think - people still often prefer a smaller retailer where you can get personal service and expert advice

Comment by selectcase posted on Latest news at 10/11/2009 - 00:52

selectcase
as others are saying - try SRS; they are one of the best for quality service and speed along with excellent prices

Comment by selectcase posted on Is Pentax about to fold? at 10/11/2009 - 00:47

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo