seaside

Joined: 29th January 2011

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

seaside
A friend of mine (non-Pentax) sent me a link to this ebay listing:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181031463260?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1...

A fully manual non-Pentax lens I've never heard of went for £230.00.

Is this pure ebay madness or is this lens an unheralded gem? Anyone know anything about it?

All the best,
Mark

Comment by seaside posted on Am I missing something here? at 20/12/2012 - 12:08

seaside
I don't understand too much about grains and grooves on the focusing screen, but I fired off a couple of shots last night at f/1.2 which are shown below (with 100% crop of area I was trying to focus on). It's not perfect, but bearing in mind that

a). it's f/1.2
b). it wasn't the only bottle of wine to be drunk last night

it's acceptable to me.

I take plenty of shots at f/1.2 with the stock focusing screen and get results I'm happy with.

[IMG]http://i1131.photobucket.com/albums/m557/markbythesea/Wide%20open/a.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i1131.photobucket.com/albums/m557/markbythesea/Wide%20open/acr.jpg[/IMG]

Mark

Comment by seaside posted on Focusing manual lenses on K5? at 09/12/2012 - 17:47

seaside
Sold - thanks for looking.

Comment by seaside posted on FS: Pentax-A 400mm f5.6 at 07/12/2012 - 12:41

seaside
The original Pentax 560!

[IMG]http://i1131.photobucket.com/albums/m557/markbythesea/A%20400/a560.jpg[/IMG]

Comment by seaside posted on FS: Pentax-A 400mm f5.6 at 05/12/2012 - 12:17

seaside
Ok here are a few pics.

I can see a bit of paint loss on the leading edge of the lens hood, a couple of marks on the body and one or two dust specs (if I peer through the lens with a torch). All in all it's in pretty good condition.

[IMG]http://i1131.photobucket.com/albums/m557/markbythesea/A%20400/1cr.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i1131.photobucket.com/albums/m557/markbythesea/A%20400/2cr.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i1131.photobucket.com/albums/m557/markbythesea/A%20400/3cr.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i1131.photobucket.com/albums/m557/markbythesea/A%20400/4cr.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i1131.photobucket.com/albums/m557/markbythesea/A%20400/5cr3.jpg[/IMG]

Mark

Comment by seaside posted on FS: Pentax-A 400mm f5.6 at 28/11/2012 - 09:18

seaside
Pentax-A 400mm f5.6 in nice condition with original hard carrying case - £280.00.

I'll take (and post) some photos if anyone's interested.

All the best,
Mark

Comment by seaside posted on FS: Pentax-A 400mm f5.6 at 22/11/2012 - 19:17

seaside
Pleasure David - I hope you enjoy your new acquisition!

Thanks for a pleasant transaction,
Mark

Comment by seaside posted on WTB Pentax D-BG4 Battery Grip at 15/11/2012 - 13:43

seaside
Interestingly another vote for the 18-135 here.

I've only shot a handful of weddings, and they've all been for people I know. The first time I marched in confidently with a selection of primes and spent far too long fumbling between them in my nervousness. I've now settled on the 18-135 as the workhorse for formal shots, the FA 43 when I'm trying for something a bit more special and a Tamron 70-200 2.8 for more candid stuff of guests both in the church and at the reception. I haven't found myself wishing for anything else.

I shoot in RAW safe in the knowledge that I'll be able to try and compensate for any incompetence later, and I try to avoid using flash. However, I use a Metz 58 when necessary, usually to get shots during the dancing.

Comment by seaside posted on Pentax Wedding Photography at 10/11/2012 - 17:04

seaside
Money received David - I'll post the grip tomorrow.

All the best,
Mark

Comment by seaside posted on WTB Pentax D-BG4 Battery Grip at 04/11/2012 - 20:59

seaside
Duly arrived safe and sound.

Thanks for a straightforward transaction Colin.

Comment by seaside posted on FS: Tamron 1.4 Pz-AF MC4 teleconverter at 06/09/2012 - 19:27

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo