Am I missing something here?

seaside

Link Posted 20/12/2012 - 12:08
A friend of mine (non-Pentax) sent me a link to this ebay listing:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181031463260?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1...

A fully manual non-Pentax lens I've never heard of went for £230.00.

Is this pure ebay madness or is this lens an unheralded gem? Anyone know anything about it?

All the best,
Mark

johnriley

Link Posted 20/12/2012 - 12:16
Pentax made a 28mm f/2 lens, but this one is a Petri 28mm f/2. Whether the description is correct I do not know.

Cosina bought the rights to the Petri name in 1978 and produced some Petri labelled Cosina SLRs. These wewre M42 screw mount as far as i know, rather than the original Petri breech lock bayonet.
Best regards, John

BillD

Link Posted 20/12/2012 - 15:34
Looks the same as mine costing £9.99 plus £3 postage earlier this year. Mine didn't include the felt lined case.

Its a decent lens as I recall though not had a chance to explore it fully yet. Didn't plan to but it might be time to sell already!

Bill.

cabstar

Link Posted 20/12/2012 - 16:14
Usually worth around £100, I sold one last year for around £80ish if I remember... £230 seems excessive, I didnt think it was that extraordinary lens...
PPG Wedding photography Flickr
Concert photography

Currently on a Pentax hiatus until an FF Pentax is released

gartmore

Link Posted 20/12/2012 - 18:22
Have a look at the bid history, two dafties getting carried away bidding against each other, the seller must have been rubbing his hands with glee
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -

Col K10

Link Posted 01/01/2013 - 22:08
I think the only thing you're missing is that it carries a 10.0 rating on the Pentax User lens database.
Colin
"If a picture paints a 1000 words why have I run out of bookshelves."

Mal

Link Posted 01/01/2013 - 23:04
I traded this lens to buy another lens not so long ago , think i valued it at thirty quid maybe less, I didn't think it was anything special but that could have been the copy of the lens i had, seen plenty of these lenses around going for less than twenty quid , ill have to make sure i buy them !
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.