seaside

Joined: 29th January 2011

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

seaside
Price reduction to £375.

Comment by seaside posted on FS: FA43 brown bagger! at 04/03/2015 - 16:41

seaside
michaelblue wrote:
Any photos of the other one please?
I can certainly put some up Michael. I'll give this one a chance for a little while and if there's no serious interest I'll start a new thread with the other lens.

Comment by seaside posted on FS: FA43 brown bagger! at 01/03/2015 - 21:27

seaside
Someone asked me why I'm selling. I picked up another MIJ copy on ebay which is optically fine but has seen better days cosmetically.

If anyone's interested in that copy instead it would be considerably cheaper!

Comment by seaside posted on FS: FA43 brown bagger! at 27/02/2015 - 11:11

seaside
I've got an FA43 brown bag edition which I've decided to part with.

This is one of the early edition FA43s and as such comes with a brown (rather than black) pouch.

Excellent condition - one or two specs of dust but you'll be hard pushed to find a better example cosmetically. Boxed with original bits. A genuine piece of art from Pentax!

[IMG]http://i1131.photobucket.com/albums/m557/markbythesea/FA43s/1_zpsmopqgio7.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i1131.photobucket.com/albums/m557/markbythesea/FA43s/2_zpshe4tl82t.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i1131.photobucket.com/albums/m557/markbythesea/FA43s/3_zpsu4ekwa2a.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i1131.photobucket.com/albums/m557/markbythesea/FA43s/4_zpszkbhceth.jpg[/IMG]

£400 plus your choice of postage

Comment by seaside posted on FS: FA43 brown bagger! at 25/02/2015 - 12:39

seaside
Pentaxeros are stating a price of €2000, which is £1500 at today's rate. No idea where they got that from, but I'll be happy if they're right

Comment by seaside posted on New Pentax FF ..image released on PhotoRumors? at 05/02/2015 - 22:38

seaside
YIPPPEEEEEEE!

Comment by seaside posted on The Unicorn is ready to be set free (FF)! at 04/02/2015 - 23:08

seaside
It's a full frame lens. They also don't make the 24-70 or 70-200 (new versions) in Pentax mount because they're designed for FF.

They do still offer their APS-C lenses for Pentax.

Comment by seaside posted on Why are 3rd party manufactures turning away from Pentax ? at 27/01/2015 - 12:13

seaside
smudge wrote:
Just tried it out on the K5 mk1 in very poor light at f1.8. Slightly slower to lock on than on the K5 II but still very acceptable - quicker than some other lenses that I have. Also fine on the K-01.
Just have to buy your copy off you when you get bored with it then Philip!

Cheers,
Mark

Comment by seaside posted on Pentax Forums reviews the Sigma Art 18-35mm at 07/11/2014 - 08:56

seaside
smudge wrote:
I am pleased to say that I have experienced no problems at all. Very quick and accurate every time.
I wonder what's going on with this lens. I tried 2 copies in a shop and the autofocus was so poor that even the shop assistant advised me against buying it! The reviewer on the other forum also had a similar experience.

On the other hand Philip's had no problems. It can't be a quality control issue - I refuse to believe that 4 out of 5 copies are bad - so is there something else at play here? Have you tried yours on the K5 (mk1) body Philip?

Comment by seaside posted on Pentax Forums reviews the Sigma Art 18-35mm at 06/11/2014 - 18:04

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo