seaside

Joined: 29th January 2011

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

seaside
There's one on ebay at the mo.

link

You'd have to take a chance on Romania postage though ...

Comment by seaside posted on WTB Pentax 18-250mm at 16/08/2011 - 17:17

seaside
Bump with price drop to £255 before it heads onto the bay ...

Comment by seaside posted on FS: Pentax-DA 17-70mm SDM at 27/07/2011 - 10:31

seaside
I read about the focus-locking issue, and can say with certainty I've never had any problems there.

I was thinking more of the total SDM failures which were common on the (early batches at least) of the *16-50. Anyone experienced that problem with a 17-70 or other single-focus SDM lens?

Comment by seaside posted on FS: Pentax-DA 17-70mm SDM at 21/07/2011 - 18:25

seaside
I've been asked if I've ever had any SDM problems with this lens.
The answer, in a word, is no.

However, I was under the impression that the SDM problems were caused by the double focus mechanism in, for example, the DA* 16-50 and the DA* 50-135. Am I wrong about this? Have there been problems with single focus SDM lenses as well?

As I say my version has always performed flawlessly, but I'd be interested to know if anyone's experienced problems.

Thanks,
Mark

Comment by seaside posted on FS: Pentax-DA 17-70mm SDM at 21/07/2011 - 17:49

seaside
Selling my 17-70 to make way for an extra prime. It's in excellent condition with original box and accesories and has always performed as it should. I was able to find one speck of dust which I've tried to show in the 2nd picture and which has no effect. I bought it from the original owner a while ago and frankly haven't used it much. Included is a hoya u/v filter which I've always had on the lens.

I've got the shorter focal lengths covered by primes, but am looking for a DA70 (or FA77 if anyone's desperate to offload one) if you're interested in a trade.

Looking for £270 and yes, it's the same one as on the other forum (where I have marketplace feedback). You can choose bank transfer or paypal.

In Spain in July, returning to U.K. at the beginning of August if you trust Royal Mail more than "Correos" and prefer me to ship it from there.

Thanks,
Mark

[IMG]http://i1131.photobucket.com/albums/m557/markbythesea/1a.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i1131.photobucket.com/albums/m557/markbythesea/2a.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i1131.photobucket.com/albums/m557/markbythesea/3a.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i1131.photobucket.com/albums/m557/markbythesea/4a.jpg[/IMG]

Comment by seaside posted on FS: Pentax-DA 17-70mm SDM at 19/07/2011 - 18:21

seaside
Most used: F 50mm f1.4, 55-300.
Least used: Pentax 17-70.

Use the 1.4 for low light stuff.

Got a couple of primes that cover the 17-70 range and never quite fell in love with it.

Comment by seaside posted on Lenses we use, lenses we don't... at 11/07/2011 - 19:06

seaside
Hello. Too new to send a PM I'm afraid, but am interested in your 35 2.8. Could you e-mail me at [email protected]? Thanks.

Comment by seaside posted on 35/2.8 LTD, 200/2.8 DA*, 58/2 Helios and more! at 30/01/2011 - 23:02

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo