Saso E.

Joined: 25th July 2003

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

Saso E.
George you right about the flashgun...
Can you tell me how good is the Pentax SMC-FA J 4,0-5,6/18-35 AL Zoom ? The price for new one? is 277 EUR on e-bay. I dont know how much is that in GBP but still, what do you think?
Is this lens any good (sharpness, colors, mechanics, AF speed...)?

Thanks - Saso

Comment by Saso E. posted on I just ordered an *ist D... at 20/09/2005 - 23:14

Saso E.
I forgot to log in... Shi*** happen...
Regards - Saso

Comment by Saso E. posted on I just ordered an *ist D... at 20/09/2005 - 21:21

Saso E.
As I wrote in the title, I just ordered a new camera: *ist D+battery grip+SD card 1GB (133X)+ Pentax DA 16-45 f/4 ED AL smc lens + Velbon monopod, all for 377.000 Slovenian tolars which is about 1.077 GB pounds. What do you thing about that? I thing this is a wery good price, don't you?
What I'd like to know is how are you lads happy with youre *ist D's? Any problems? What lens do you have? I was thinking about Pentax DA 18-55 f/3,5-5,6 AL smc too but I really don't have a clue which one is more convenient for the *ist D?! What do you think about it? Here the Pentax DA 16-45 f/4 ED AL smc costs about 297 GBP and the Pentax DA 18-55 f/3,5-5,6 AL smc about 123 GBP which is pretty considerable difference in price. Which one do you vote for and why? :
Thanks guys for youre answers and have a good day...

Regards - Saso

Comment by Saso E. posted on I just ordered an *ist D... at 20/09/2005 - 14:06

Saso E.
Hello

You can order the *istD here, in Slovenia... athe price is around 600-650 GBP or 1080-1100 USD. It is a checked Pentax dealer

Cheers - Saso

Comment by Saso E. posted on *istD - anyone know of stock? at 01/10/2005 - 00:11

Saso E.
Thanks Matt

But still, I have three more thing on my mind to ask you about.
First; can you say that the *ist D is a true professional camera?
What is with that downloading the software if you want to use the older lenses because I have some K, M, A and FA lenses?
And finally: will the older flashes work normaly on *ist D (AF280T and Sigma EF-500ST)?

Regards - Saso

Comment by Saso E. posted on What is going to be...? at 20/07/2004 - 07:13

Saso E.
I'm reading all kind of articles about digital photography and there is one thing that bothers me or better I'm afraid of.
Where is digital tehnology heading to? In the direction of full frame sensors or different lens tehnology? I was thinking about purchasing an *ist D but I dont realy know. The rewievs are so-so, some of you guys had a few problems with it and some of you said that the camera is good , well built and that there is no problem. What is the truth?
Is Pentax going to built another *ist D (mark II) perhaps? I'd like to see a good, professional camera made by Pentax. Not like the case with the Z-1, which is IMHO better camera than the MZ-S, that was left to be run over by time... There was no battery pack, no decent accessories?!
I hope that the full frame sensor will conquer and the old, good lenses will stay in use without any need to calculate the sensor ratio or the angle that old lenses are cover or not.

Regards - Saso

Comment by Saso E. posted on What is going to be...? at 19/07/2004 - 14:53

Saso E.
Hi

I was looking and searching the net too for the flash photography and pop up on this page which I thing can be useful...

I hope I'd help...

Regards - Saso

http://www.vividlight.com/articles/3311.htm

Comment by Saso E. posted on Sports fill-flash technique at 16/07/2004 - 12:44

Saso E.
Great. Thank you George. I thing that I will go to the nearest photo store and try all the possibilitys with all of my bodies and flashes and then 'will buy that damn thing...

Regards - Saso

Comment by Saso E. posted on Flash slaves - help; URGENT! at 16/07/2004 - 09:38

Saso E.
Hi.

I need slaves for my flashes as I dont want to have mess with all those cables that are necessary for macro close-ups. I want to know if all of these slaves available on the market are good or compatible with my AF280T and Sigma EF-500ST?
I had some serious problems (electronic malefunction) on my SF-7 few years ago as I put non pentax fit flash on it. The non-compatibility couse that problem and I had to spend a lot of money on repair. Are those two countacts on flash slave enough to work well if the flashes are mounted on tripods? I know that with slaves TTL is disabled but I think that it will be better for close-up photography because I can arrange the flashes as I wish. Is that correct or not?
The Pentax repairer here in Ljubljana (Slovenia) said that I must try it to be sure. I want to buy those ones with the light sensor and not IR varianta of it. But as I said before I'm a little concerned about it because I do not want to burn any of my flashes...

What is the best solution?

Regards - Saso

Comment by Saso E. posted on Flash slaves - help; URGENT! at 15/07/2004 - 11:10

Saso E.
Hi Magnus!

I can offer you a 80-320 zoom made by Pentax. It is good, working well and looks like new. You can say that is excellent, first-class, prime, superior... It come with the multi-coated sky filter and a rubber lens shade. It is in the box and was use very little.
I dont know for the price? Any suggestion :

Regards - Saso

Comment by Saso E. posted on Zoom tele lenses and fisheye at 22/06/2004 - 15:19

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo