All Forum Comments
Comment by Saso E. posted on Best lenses for... at 10/07/2004 - 08:19
-20mm f/2.8 A or 20mm f/2.8 FA
-28mm f/3.5 K;M or 28mm f/2.8 A;M
-35mm f/3.5 K or 35mm f/2 FA
-50mm f/1.7 F or 50mm f/1.4 K
This is my decision so far. What do you thing about it?
It seems that there is no dirt cheap 100mm macro to bid up
What would be the best decision for a little of money?
Good day to all of you, Pentaholics!
Comment by Saso E. posted on Best lenses for... at 25/05/2004 - 15:49
I have two bodyes: Pentax Z-1 & Cosina CT-7. With that I have following lenses: Cosina 50mm-1.4, Vivitar 28mm- 2.8, Zeiss AF 28-70mm- macro & Pentax 80-320mm.
Cosina and Vivitar are not so good, they not very sharp and have poor contrast, Zeiss- Jena zoom has a little distortion and its a bit on the cold side. I would say that the 80-320 by Pentax is on top in my case.
What I wana to do is: buy the Pentax optics, fixed focal length, AF or MF, compatible with my SLR bodyes and they have to be SHARP, FAST & SOLID BUILT
Any suggestion where to buy used ones in good condition? I have an 20, 50 or 45, 70, 90 or 100(macro) and 135 or 150 mm in mind.
Thank you very much...S.E.
Comment by Saso E. posted on Best lenses for... at 18/05/2004 - 11:38
First, thanks for the link Kim. It helped me to see the tools that is necessary for the lens repairs. I have made my own varianta of it. It looks like something unfinished but it is work well. I was manage to unscrew the ring which fix the front element to the lens on two zooms and clean the fungus from both but the 50mm was a tough not to crack. I was not able to unscrew the ring to the end because it has stuck somewhere in the middle. Now it won't go either forward or back. And I must say that I scratch the ring pretty bad. Now it looks like sh***. But fortunately the lens stays intact. Well, this one is going to see the repairman
What can I say for the end? I have learn a great deal about the lenses and cleaning of them.
I could say that many things have happened in between. The most important thing: I became a FUNGI-NATOR!
look out you fungies: "I'LL BE BACK!"
Have a nice day and youre camera ready...
Saso
Comment by Saso E. posted on The Dreaded Fungus at 22/06/2004 - 14:20
I have the same problem as Kim. I have fungus on the second element. It is just a big dot for now but it's disturb me. I was thinking if I can just unscrew the first element (first lens) and clean the fungus off with the small piece of cloth and the lens cleaner? What can go wrong? Perhaps someone things that this is a stupid idea but I have look the lens from all sides and it seems that the first element (lens) is screw on the lens pretty much just like the filter is. So, when the first element is unscrewed the second element (with fungus) can be cleaned within the range of possibility...
Am I mad or this is possibility to save some money???
Have a damn good week-end and good luck - Saso
Comment by Saso E. posted on The Dreaded Fungus at 18/06/2004 - 14:12
And of course, name the price 'cos I dont have any ideas about it
Lep pozdrav iz Slovenije - Saso
Comment by Saso E. posted on pentax lenses for sale at 18/05/2004 - 12:58
I'd like to know if there's anything similar to the waist-level viewfinder for Pentax Z-1, to attach on the camera?
Thanks to you all & bye...
Comment by Saso E. posted on Viewfinder for Z-1 at 09/10/2003 - 09:13
With your piece of advice and advice of my colleagues at the photo club here in Slovenia I decide that I'll probably purchase the 100mm f/3.5 macro from Pentax. They thing it's a very good lens and worth each penny Besides that the lens can be used in portreture too so you have double value
Thanks again and sorry for my bad english. It's a little rusty
Very gooooooooooooooooooooooood day to you all and of course wish you a good light.
The diffused one from the side...
Comment by Saso E. posted on Macro photography at 07/08/2003 - 09:22
I'm satisfied with your answer but I'm not completely relieft.
I know that the depth-of-field with close-up lens is not so great if you dont stop down...
I use a firm tripod (Manffroto) and lens aperture of f/38 but still didn't get enough sharpness for the enlargement of 20x30 cm.
I was hopping that the macro lens would do the better thing. Is the DOF with your macro lens so shallow too?
Good day & good light to you all!
S.E.
Comment by Saso E. posted on Macro photography at 04/08/2003 - 08:04
I dont know where to start because I'm confused about the thing...
Last week I was shoting a set of photos for some competition (flowers) and I decide to take a few macro shoots. I borrow a close-up lens +4 and I must say it's stinks. The depth of field is not worth mentioning and hard to focus, too. then I start to thing about the bellows or macro lens. What do You recommend more? I have Pentax Z-1 AF and Cosina semi-automatic CT-7 cameras, both with K.mount.
Good day :
Saso
Comment by Saso E. posted on Macro photography at 31/07/2003 - 09:21


As I said before as guest ( I forgot to log in) I have bought Pentax SMC-M 100mm f/4 macro among the others. I tested it and the results are more than satisfactory. I was shooting without the tripod on various apertures and the pictures were all the best. SHARP, BRIGHT, CONTRASTY... It is really joy to use it. I bought it second hand on eBay for 104 EUR. I thing it was a fair price if one is comparing to the same lenses that were sold before.
It was in mint condition really like new. So I'm very happy
Regards - Saso