Saso E.

Joined: 25th July 2003

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

Saso E.
Thanks for that, Bob. I did try to shoot later on with Sigma EF 500 flash gun in manual mode and it's work. I think your right about Pentax AF280;

"When you use the AF280 with the AF360 , the preflash signaling will set off the slave cell on the AF280 flash before the camera is ready and will probably interfere with the signal to the AF360"

Thanks for your help.

Saso E.

Comment by Saso E. posted on Compatibility ? at 20/10/2015 - 17:30

Saso E.
Hello Asahists!
One question about flash photography ... I'm shooting with K-7 and AF360FGZ flash unit in Slave mode. If I'm photographing only with this flash unit, exposure sems to be OK but if I try to use another one (AF280T) with Hama slave cell connected to that second flash, exposure is incorect. The photo is totaly underexposed. I try to trigger both flashes remotly with in-build camera flash as controller but faild every time. I can't sort out the problem. Is it posible that exsposure meter in the camera calculate wrong values? Or is it absolutely necessary to have two identical flashes in this situation two AF360FGZ or one 360 an second one AF540FGZ?

Thank you for your answers and best regards to all...

Saso E.

Comment by Saso E. posted on Compatibility ? at 08/10/2015 - 22:36

Saso E.
What I like about that camera is:
* ISO 100 (would like to have 50 too)
* Pentaprism
* ISO confirmation is in the viewfinder
* Can shoot RAW+JPG
* 3 frame per second (till the card is full ??? that I'd like to see...)
* SR absolutely!
* water or weather resistant (now someone must to invent a special cap for the lenses )
* An orientation sensor
* that dust removal thing (I must take my *ist D for cleaning for that very reason)
* & the price (I saw somewhere that is going to be round 890 $...??? : )

I want one, no doubt about it and I don't know if it still worth to wait for full frame???

Bye - S. from Slovenia, the sunny side of the alps

Comment by Saso E. posted on K10D is Official on Pentax Canada at 14/09/2006 - 14:06

Saso E.
I can't find the internet store that sale Pentax K10D... But suprisely I find this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pentax-IST-6-1-Megapixel-Digital-SLR-Camera-BRAND-NEW_W0QQit...

Not that is a bad camera (I've have one) but isn't a bit late to sell one of this?

Regards - S.

Comment by Saso E. posted on K10D news at 14/09/2006 - 20:55

Saso E.
I bought a two packet of GP 2300mAh rechargeable batteries and the charger and it's work like a charm in my *isd D.

Bye - S.

Comment by Saso E. posted on Pentax warning on rechargeable CRV3's at 14/09/2006 - 14:14

Saso E.
McBrian says:
Saso.....if your in a real hurry and speed is more important than cost, you may be able to locally source the Canon RS60E3 remote Shutter Release cable...

I will do exactly as you wrote! Here in Slovenia this thing cost (at the local dealer) round 16 EUR. Fair enough and I dont have to think about it any more!

Thanks to all of you...
Bye - Saso E.

p.s. - Since the calendar time is arrive for me I will really need this for the macros...

Comment by Saso E. posted on Cable release or Cable Switch at 20/04/2006 - 20:01

Saso E.
Thanks Peter... I will start inquiry right away!

Comment by Saso E. posted on Cable release or Cable Switch at 20/04/2006 - 12:20

Saso E.
Hallo pentaholics!

I need a Cable release or Cable Switch for my *istD and I need it NOW! As a matter of fact I was needed it yesterday... I see the remote but the instruction says that it triggers after 3 seconds! Is it true??? :
Where can I get the Cable reliese if the remote is really so useless?
And one another thing. Is anyone of you see this thing? What do you think about it?
http://cgi.ebay.de/Pentax-istDs-LCD-Displayschutz-Sonnenblende-Neu_W0QQitemZ7610...

Thank you very much for your answers and hope you will have great photos!

Bye - Saso E.

Comment by Saso E. posted on Cable release or Cable Switch at 20/04/2006 - 12:01

Saso E.
Thanks Matt.
I'm thinking about buying :

The COKIN Modular Bellows is a unique, flexible and self-supporting lens shade which can fit almost any camera available thanks to a simple COKIN Adaptor Ring. The bellows provides excellent control over the ambient light conditions, and cuts the glare out for clean and sharp images. An integrated COKIN Filter-Holder is solidly fixed at the rear end of every

What do you think about it?

Comment by Saso E. posted on confusion about filters... at 04/11/2005 - 22:35

Saso E.
I need some filters (ND, graduates and pola-filters)
I look for Lee filters - damn expensive!!!
Hoya filters - only screw in ( I have 49, 52, 55, 67 and 72mm lens thread) and it came out, again, expensive...

So I think about Cokin P sistem. Is it any good??? Does anybody have any experience with it?

I thank you beforehand - Saso

Comment by Saso E. posted on confusion about filters... at 04/11/2005 - 21:42

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo