sam-joseph

Joined: 22nd September 2009

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

sam-joseph
Hi Mark. I have a Sigma 70-200 APO EX as well, and it's a great lens. I sold my Tokina 80-400 to fund it. The Tokina was a good lens, but I was after something faster. welcome to the club.
Regards

Comment by sam-joseph posted on FS Sigma 70-200 2.8 macro mark II at 29/01/2012 - 08:55

sam-joseph
Quote:
There is a camera shopping mall (3 buildings x 6 floors) at Luban Rd / Xie Tu Rd, Shanghai (20 mins from downtown). I buy 90% of all my cameras/lenses from there (the Pentax shop at the back of the ground floor in the first building, not the one next to the escalator (but that seems to be fine too).
Camera Shopping Mall?3 buildings with 6 floors?? And there's an entire Pentax shop, no less. I thought such places only existed in my dreams.

Regards

Comment by sam-joseph posted on Pentax K5 made in China ? at 16/12/2011 - 01:21

sam-joseph
Thanks for modelling Vera. That's a great portrait of you. In my opinion, the use of photoshop, etc, can go too far. I like to see the person AS THEY ARE (sorry for shouting). I hope you continue to model.

Regards

Comment by sam-joseph posted on Shy model! at 08/12/2011 - 09:57

sam-joseph
This is a beautiful collector's lens everyone. I only sold mine to get a fast AF, and I still regret it. BUY IT!!

Regards

Comment by sam-joseph posted on FS: SMC -A 35-105 F3.5 £85 at 07/12/2011 - 10:20

sam-joseph
It's nice to see someone leaving Pentax for purely practical reasons, and maybe one day you will return to the fold when the offerings are better. Good luck with the new system, but have you considered how much it's going to cost you when Pentax ups the ante with a new, better system?

Regards

Comment by sam-joseph posted on A (Very) Fond Farewell to Pentax at 07/12/2011 - 10:17

sam-joseph
Saturday, helping my brother-in-law move house. Something to look forward to...
Sunday, an early squirt on the mountain bike, then I have an all-day appointment with a newspaper and coffee.

Regards

Comment by sam-joseph posted on So what you got on at the week end then ?? 2 at 02/12/2011 - 01:12

sam-joseph
I've been a member for a couple of years, and the mood generally seems to change like the weather (for me, at least). This is a good thing. If everything was plain sailing, it'd be boring. And those times when it's all too stressful to follow a slanging-match thread to the end, I dust off the mountain bike and go for a blast in the bush. Thanks to all the confrontational PU members for getting me fit again!
Mike-P, your big, cheery smiley 'bye' face is the best reply I've seen, and it's only one word.
Regards

Comment by sam-joseph posted on It`s time to say goodbye. at 17/11/2011 - 22:21

sam-joseph
Tch, tch. All this bickering about Whitby. No wonder Captain Cook left the place and came to Australia for a holiday.

Regards

Comment by sam-joseph posted on Cold ,wet and dark Whitby! at 15/11/2011 - 01:36

sam-joseph
My seven, for what it's worth.

Sigma 17-70
Sigma 70-200 f2.8
Sigma 30mm f1.4
UWA lens, Pentax 12-24, Sigma 10-20 or similar
Pentax-A 100mm f2.8 macro, or new version

That's it. I can't count. Five lenses would be sufficient at this moment in time.
The first two I already have. The others are "on the list".
Regards

Comment by sam-joseph posted on Seven Lenses at 05/11/2011 - 08:55

sam-joseph
Clearly that's the Queensland Chiro-Spider. He's just giving old mate Mr. Ant an adjustment.
Yes, yes, nice shot.

Regards

Comment by sam-joseph posted on Dinner at 03/11/2011 - 06:15

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo