Pentax K5 made in China ?
Posted 15/12/2011 - 18:08
Link
It may be no more than the local language being used to describe the origin. In the UK, the manufacturing detail is in English, but it doesn't say "Made in England" - my K-5 is assembled in the Phillipines.
Best regards, John
Posted 15/12/2011 - 18:26
Link
Can you post a link to the photo?
Posted 15/12/2011 - 18:29
Link
How I can upload a photo here ?
Posted 15/12/2011 - 18:44
Link
plisplass wrote:
Hello.
I have a question. I saw a Pentax K-5 photo. I was surprised because it seems made in China. Is Pentax K5 also manufacturing in China?
In the bottom where it says where it was manufactured is written in Chinese. Has anyone bought a Pentax K-5 in China who can get me out of questions?
Greetings
Sorry for my english. I like to practice.
I have bought two K5s in Shanghai. Both have English/Chinese text on the bottom in the little depressions made for the stickers. There is also another small sticker that says Pentax in both English & Chinese. Either they were made here or in Japan and the stickers are added afterwards depending on the export destination. Those who have bought K5s in the UK/USA/Aus etc. can maybe check theirs to see what language they are in and what they say.Hello.
I have a question. I saw a Pentax K-5 photo. I was surprised because it seems made in China. Is Pentax K5 also manufacturing in China?
In the bottom where it says where it was manufactured is written in Chinese. Has anyone bought a Pentax K-5 in China who can get me out of questions?
Greetings
Sorry for my english. I like to practice.
Even if produced in China I wouldn't worry about it - do you have a MacBook Pro / iMac etc. ? Yes ? Made In China ! Quality depends on the production methods and QC of the factory / manufacturer rather more than the country of production.
http://frogfish.smugmug.com/ Pentax. Pentax DA*300/4, Cosina 55/1.2, Lens Baby Composer Pro & Edge 80, AFA x1.7, Metz 50 af1.
Nikon. D800. D600. Sigma 500/4.5, Nikon 300/2.8 VRII, Sigma 120-300/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 21/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 35/2.0, Sigma 50/1.4, Nikkor 85/1.8, Nikon TC20EIII, Nikon TC14EII, Kenko x1.4, Sigma 2.0
Nikon. D800. D600. Sigma 500/4.5, Nikon 300/2.8 VRII, Sigma 120-300/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 21/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 35/2.0, Sigma 50/1.4, Nikkor 85/1.8, Nikon TC20EIII, Nikon TC14EII, Kenko x1.4, Sigma 2.0
Posted 15/12/2011 - 18:48
Link
True Froggy, my iPhone 4 made by foxconn in China and it is a stunningly built piece of kit. If only everything was made to the same build quality then we wouldn't have to replace so often and that would be a much "greener" way to go.
Flickr
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans" (John Lennon)
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans" (John Lennon)
Posted 15/12/2011 - 18:51
Link
There's a company in Shanghai, called CHINACHEAPWHOLESALE (www.chinacheapwholesale.net) that sell K5's at approx £425-£450. They claim that it is genuine Pentax. As you also live in Shanghai, it might be worth you taking a look, then let us all know of your experiences with their service. Could be a lot of members here interested in buying if their goods are the "real deal"..!!
Posted 15/12/2011 - 19:16
Link
Posted 15/12/2011 - 19:28
Link
As long as it doesn't say "made in china from scrap slot machine parts" it should be alight
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Posted 15/12/2011 - 19:33
Link
SteveEveritt wrote:
True Froggy, my iPhone 4 made by foxconn in China and it is a stunningly built piece of kit. If only everything was made to the same build quality then we wouldn't have to replace so often and that would be a much "greener" way to go.
I don't think Apple would like that - designed obselence is the way to go don't you know
True Froggy, my iPhone 4 made by foxconn in China and it is a stunningly built piece of kit. If only everything was made to the same build quality then we wouldn't have to replace so often and that would be a much "greener" way to go.
http://frogfish.smugmug.com/ Pentax. Pentax DA*300/4, Cosina 55/1.2, Lens Baby Composer Pro & Edge 80, AFA x1.7, Metz 50 af1.
Nikon. D800. D600. Sigma 500/4.5, Nikon 300/2.8 VRII, Sigma 120-300/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 21/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 35/2.0, Sigma 50/1.4, Nikkor 85/1.8, Nikon TC20EIII, Nikon TC14EII, Kenko x1.4, Sigma 2.0
Nikon. D800. D600. Sigma 500/4.5, Nikon 300/2.8 VRII, Sigma 120-300/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 21/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 35/2.0, Sigma 50/1.4, Nikkor 85/1.8, Nikon TC20EIII, Nikon TC14EII, Kenko x1.4, Sigma 2.0
Posted 15/12/2011 - 19:37
Link
Frogfish wrote:
Even if produced in China I wouldn't worry about it - do you have a MacBook Pro / iMac etc. ? Yes ? Made In China ! Quality depends on the production methods and QC of the factory / manufacturer rather more than the country of production.
The sticker is like the K5 that you have bought in Shanghai ?plisplass wrote:
Hello.
I have a question. I saw a Pentax K-5 photo. I was surprised because it seems made in China. Is Pentax K5 also manufacturing in China?
In the bottom where it says where it was manufactured is written in Chinese. Has anyone bought a Pentax K-5 in China who can get me out of questions?
Greetings
Sorry for my english. I like to practice.
I have bought two K5s in Shanghai. Both have English/Chinese text on the bottom in the little depressions made for the stickers. There is also another small sticker that says Pentax in both English & Chinese. Either they were made here or in Japan and the stickers are added afterwards depending on the export destination. Those who have bought K5s in the UK/USA/Aus etc. can maybe check theirs to see what language they are in and what they say.Hello.
I have a question. I saw a Pentax K-5 photo. I was surprised because it seems made in China. Is Pentax K5 also manufacturing in China?
In the bottom where it says where it was manufactured is written in Chinese. Has anyone bought a Pentax K-5 in China who can get me out of questions?
Greetings
Sorry for my english. I like to practice.
Even if produced in China I wouldn't worry about it - do you have a MacBook Pro / iMac etc. ? Yes ? Made In China ! Quality depends on the production methods and QC of the factory / manufacturer rather more than the country of production.
Cheers.
Posted 15/12/2011 - 19:41
Link
steven9761 wrote:
There's a company in Shanghai, called CHINACHEAPWHOLESALE (www.chinacheapwholesale.net) that sell K5's at approx £425-£450. They claim that it is genuine Pentax. As you also live in Shanghai, it might be worth you taking a look, then let us all know of your experiences with their service. Could be a lot of members here interested in buying if their goods are the "real deal"..!!
Rather you than me ! Those prices are impossible. They look like the epitome of the Scam websites that we see plenty of over here (and the site is only in English ?!) !There's a company in Shanghai, called CHINACHEAPWHOLESALE (www.chinacheapwholesale.net) that sell K5's at approx £425-£450. They claim that it is genuine Pentax. As you also live in Shanghai, it might be worth you taking a look, then let us all know of your experiences with their service. Could be a lot of members here interested in buying if their goods are the "real deal"..!!
No addresses, no phone numbers and payment only by Western Union or Bank Transfer ..... and you're done, cooked to perfection.
This from their FAQs:
How long will I receive my Item?
By western union or moneygram payment, from payment to delivery, there only cost 3-6days; for wire transfer, it will cost 7-9days.
http://frogfish.smugmug.com/ Pentax. Pentax DA*300/4, Cosina 55/1.2, Lens Baby Composer Pro & Edge 80, AFA x1.7, Metz 50 af1.
Nikon. D800. D600. Sigma 500/4.5, Nikon 300/2.8 VRII, Sigma 120-300/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 21/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 35/2.0, Sigma 50/1.4, Nikkor 85/1.8, Nikon TC20EIII, Nikon TC14EII, Kenko x1.4, Sigma 2.0
Nikon. D800. D600. Sigma 500/4.5, Nikon 300/2.8 VRII, Sigma 120-300/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 21/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 35/2.0, Sigma 50/1.4, Nikkor 85/1.8, Nikon TC20EIII, Nikon TC14EII, Kenko x1.4, Sigma 2.0
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


23 posts
14 years
Valencia - Spain
I have a question. I saw a Pentax K-5 photo. I was surprised because it seems made in China. Is Pentax K5 also manufacturing in China?
In the bottom where it says where it was manufactured is written in Chinese. Has anyone bought a Pentax K-5 in China who can get me out of questions?
Greetings
Sorry for my english. I like to practice.