Pentax K5 made in China ?


plisplass

Link Posted 15/12/2011 - 17:35
Hello.

I have a question. I saw a Pentax K-5 photo. I was surprised because it seems made ​​in China. Is Pentax K5 also manufacturing in China?
In the bottom where it says where it was manufactured is written in Chinese. Has anyone bought a Pentax K-5 in China who can get me out of questions?
Greetings

Sorry for my english. I like to practice.

johnriley

Link Posted 15/12/2011 - 18:08
It may be no more than the local language being used to describe the origin. In the UK, the manufacturing detail is in English, but it doesn't say "Made in England" - my K-5 is assembled in the Phillipines.
Best regards, John

fatspider

Link Posted 15/12/2011 - 18:21
It might also be a cheap Chinese knock off
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link

Gwyn

Link Posted 15/12/2011 - 18:26
Can you post a link to the photo?

plisplass

Link Posted 15/12/2011 - 18:29
How I can upload a photo here ?

Pentaxophile

Link Posted 15/12/2011 - 18:31
Just paste the address of the photo and we can click on it and see it!

If you want to display the picture in this thread, highlight the address you have just pasted and click the 'Image' button below.
[link=https://500px.com/will_brealey/[/link]
Last Edited by Pentaxophile on 15/12/2011 - 18:33

Frogfish

Link Posted 15/12/2011 - 18:44
plisplass wrote:
Hello.

I have a question. I saw a Pentax K-5 photo. I was surprised because it seems made ​​in China. Is Pentax K5 also manufacturing in China?
In the bottom where it says where it was manufactured is written in Chinese. Has anyone bought a Pentax K-5 in China who can get me out of questions?
Greetings

Sorry for my english. I like to practice.

I have bought two K5s in Shanghai. Both have English/Chinese text on the bottom in the little depressions made for the stickers. There is also another small sticker that says Pentax in both English & Chinese. Either they were made here or in Japan and the stickers are added afterwards depending on the export destination. Those who have bought K5s in the UK/USA/Aus etc. can maybe check theirs to see what language they are in and what they say.

Even if produced in China I wouldn't worry about it - do you have a MacBook Pro / iMac etc. ? Yes ? Made In China ! Quality depends on the production methods and QC of the factory / manufacturer rather more than the country of production.
http://frogfish.smugmug.com/ Pentax. Pentax DA*300/4, Cosina 55/1.2, Lens Baby Composer Pro & Edge 80, AFA x1.7, Metz 50 af1.
Nikon. D800. D600. Sigma 500/4.5, Nikon 300/2.8 VRII, Sigma 120-300/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 21/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 35/2.0, Sigma 50/1.4, Nikkor 85/1.8, Nikon TC20EIII, Nikon TC14EII, Kenko x1.4, Sigma 2.0
Last Edited by Frogfish on 15/12/2011 - 18:45

SteveEveritt

Link Posted 15/12/2011 - 18:48
True Froggy, my iPhone 4 made by foxconn in China and it is a stunningly built piece of kit. If only everything was made to the same build quality then we wouldn't have to replace so often and that would be a much "greener" way to go.
My Flickr link

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans" (John Lennon)

steven9761

Link Posted 15/12/2011 - 18:51
There's a company in Shanghai, called CHINACHEAPWHOLESALE (www.chinacheapwholesale.net) that sell K5's at approx £425-£450. They claim that it is genuine Pentax. As you also live in Shanghai, it might be worth you taking a look, then let us all know of your experiences with their service. Could be a lot of members here interested in buying if their goods are the "real deal"..!!
Last Edited by steven9761 on 15/12/2011 - 18:51

Pentaxophile

Link Posted 15/12/2011 - 18:57
Wow, they have the Korejanai Robot edition of the K-x!
[link=https://500px.com/will_brealey/[/link]

plisplass

Link Posted 15/12/2011 - 19:16
I know that many other items are made in China and they are excelents. But I haven“t got idea about Pentax K5.


Algernon

Link Posted 15/12/2011 - 19:28
As long as it doesn't say "made in china from scrap slot machine parts" it should be alight
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi

Frogfish

Link Posted 15/12/2011 - 19:33
SteveEveritt wrote:
True Froggy, my iPhone 4 made by foxconn in China and it is a stunningly built piece of kit. If only everything was made to the same build quality then we wouldn't have to replace so often and that would be a much "greener" way to go.

I don't think Apple would like that - designed obselence is the way to go don't you know
http://frogfish.smugmug.com/ Pentax. Pentax DA*300/4, Cosina 55/1.2, Lens Baby Composer Pro & Edge 80, AFA x1.7, Metz 50 af1.
Nikon. D800. D600. Sigma 500/4.5, Nikon 300/2.8 VRII, Sigma 120-300/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 21/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 35/2.0, Sigma 50/1.4, Nikkor 85/1.8, Nikon TC20EIII, Nikon TC14EII, Kenko x1.4, Sigma 2.0

plisplass

Link Posted 15/12/2011 - 19:37
Frogfish wrote:
plisplass wrote:
Hello.

I have a question. I saw a Pentax K-5 photo. I was surprised because it seems made ​​in China. Is Pentax K5 also manufacturing in China?
In the bottom where it says where it was manufactured is written in Chinese. Has anyone bought a Pentax K-5 in China who can get me out of questions?
Greetings

Sorry for my english. I like to practice.

I have bought two K5s in Shanghai. Both have English/Chinese text on the bottom in the little depressions made for the stickers. There is also another small sticker that says Pentax in both English & Chinese. Either they were made here or in Japan and the stickers are added afterwards depending on the export destination. Those who have bought K5s in the UK/USA/Aus etc. can maybe check theirs to see what language they are in and what they say.

Even if produced in China I wouldn't worry about it - do you have a MacBook Pro / iMac etc. ? Yes ? Made In China ! Quality depends on the production methods and QC of the factory / manufacturer rather more than the country of production.

The sticker is like the K5 that you have bought in Shanghai ?
Cheers.

Frogfish

Link Posted 15/12/2011 - 19:41
steven9761 wrote:
There's a company in Shanghai, called CHINACHEAPWHOLESALE (www.chinacheapwholesale.net) that sell K5's at approx £425-£450. They claim that it is genuine Pentax. As you also live in Shanghai, it might be worth you taking a look, then let us all know of your experiences with their service. Could be a lot of members here interested in buying if their goods are the "real deal"..!!

Rather you than me ! Those prices are impossible. They look like the epitome of the Scam websites that we see plenty of over here (and the site is only in English ?!) !

No addresses, no phone numbers and payment only by Western Union or Bank Transfer ..... and you're done, cooked to perfection.

This from their FAQs:

How long will I receive my Item?
By western union or moneygram payment, from payment to delivery, there only cost 3-6days; for wire transfer, it will cost 7-9days.
http://frogfish.smugmug.com/ Pentax. Pentax DA*300/4, Cosina 55/1.2, Lens Baby Composer Pro & Edge 80, AFA x1.7, Metz 50 af1.
Nikon. D800. D600. Sigma 500/4.5, Nikon 300/2.8 VRII, Sigma 120-300/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 21/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 35/2.0, Sigma 50/1.4, Nikkor 85/1.8, Nikon TC20EIII, Nikon TC14EII, Kenko x1.4, Sigma 2.0
Last Edited by Frogfish on 15/12/2011 - 19:44
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.