It`s time to say goodbye.

Topic Lock(s)
  • Topic Locked - You will not be able to post to this topic. Thread closed

davex

Link Posted 16/11/2011 - 20:35
Have decided to leave Pentax User. Recent events have taken the fun out of it for me, I have learnt a lot from the users on this site, and will always be gratefull for all their help and good advice,
and indeed some pretty good deals

Good luck all.

Davex.
K5 + 8mm-500mm zooms and primes
Please feel free to play with any images I post.
My flickr: link
Last Edited by the Moderator Team on 16/11/2011 - 23:07

Charlotte

Link Posted 16/11/2011 - 20:43
Hi Dave,

After the advice you gave me the other day, can you not use both sites?

Kind regards
Charlotte
Pentax Photo Gallery
Photography blog

col55555ine

Link Posted 16/11/2011 - 20:55
Dave,
Good luck for the future.
k-5 IIs, Pentax 60-250, 17-70, 100macro WR, 50mm F2,
AF50 F1.4, Siggy 10-20, Siggy 100-300 F4, ..Pentax Af 160 ring flash
Last Edited by col55555ine on 16/11/2011 - 20:56

Pentaxophile

Link Posted 16/11/2011 - 21:55
Good luck Dave. But as Charlotte says, why not keep your foot in the door here as well as the other site?
[link=https://500px.com/will_brealey/[/link]

johnriley

Link Posted 16/11/2011 - 23:09
Sorry davex, but directing people to another site is a bit iffy really.

Threads saying goodbye, for whatever reason, usually end in grief, so let's hope this one is an exception.

If you have a problem, then please PM the details so we can look at it.
Best regards, John

geordie01

Link Posted 16/11/2011 - 23:36
Why has the link to another site been removed there are hundreds of links to other sites in different posts on here that are not removed ? is this censorship ?

bforbes

Link Posted 16/11/2011 - 23:38
geordie01 wrote:
Why has the link to another site been removed there are hundreds of links to other sites in different posts on here that are not removed ? is this censorship ?

the difference is the link was to a competitor
Barrie
Too Old To Die Young

http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes

johnriley

Link Posted 16/11/2011 - 23:42
No it's not censorship, it's contrary to the rules, which explicily say that links to competitor sites will be removed.

Any questions, please PM.
Best regards, John

Unlocker

Link Posted 16/11/2011 - 23:59
Fully understand Dave, really is a shame though.

WebsiteBlogGearTwitterFacebook

Frogfish

Link Posted 17/11/2011 - 03:53
Don't really understand this Dave. I post on FOUR Pentax forums and two none-brand specific forums, some more than others (as some are more active than others) but I check them all regularly for interesting threads or threads where I may be able to offer what I consider to be a valid opinion.

There's nothing wrong with being a member of more than one social club, they are not exclusive. Why not just cherry-pick the threads you like as there will always be some !
http://frogfish.smugmug.com/ Pentax. Pentax DA*300/4, Cosina 55/1.2, Lens Baby Composer Pro & Edge 80, AFA x1.7, Metz 50 af1.
Nikon. D800. D600. Sigma 500/4.5, Nikon 300/2.8 VRII, Sigma 120-300/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 21/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 35/2.0, Sigma 50/1.4, Nikkor 85/1.8, Nikon TC20EIII, Nikon TC14EII, Kenko x1.4, Sigma 2.0

japers45

Link Posted 17/11/2011 - 07:48
Frogfish wrote:
Don't really understand this Dave. I post on FOUR Pentax forums and two none-brand specific forums, some more than others (as some are more active than others) but I check them all regularly for interesting threads or threads where I may be able to offer what I consider to be a valid opinion.

There's nothing wrong with being a member of more than one social club, they are not exclusive. Why not just cherry-pick the threads you like as there will always be some !

+1

fritzthedog

Link Posted 17/11/2011 - 08:47
japers45 wrote:
Frogfish wrote:
Don't really understand this Dave. I post on FOUR Pentax forums and two none-brand specific forums, some more than others (as some are more active than others) but I check them all regularly for interesting threads or threads where I may be able to offer what I consider to be a valid opinion.

There's nothing wrong with being a member of more than one social club, they are not exclusive. Why not just cherry-pick the threads you like as there will always be some !

+1

+2
No matter how many lenses I have owned - I have always needed just one more

Pwynnej

Link Posted 17/11/2011 - 13:40
johnriley wrote:
No it's not censorship, it's contrary to the rules, which explicily say that links to competitor sites will be removed.

Any questions, please PM.

'Competitor' sites? If they are trying to attract paying custom I would understand but competition? For what?
K20D, Z-1p, Z-1
F50 1.7,FAs 24,31,35,50 1.4,77,85,135. DA*16-50. DA*60-250. DA*300 D-FA 100
SA 12-24.
Metz 45 CL-4, AF500FTZ. AF540FGZ.
Some Mamiya and some Nikon

Eagle12

Link Posted 17/11/2011 - 13:58
This is too much censorship and dictatorship for me too.
I can't live without my photography, but I can live without PU.
So, as they say at the Dragons Den "I'm out".
Goodbye PU.

johnriley

Link Posted 17/11/2011 - 14:12
Well Ed, if there was censorship or dictaorship you wouldn't be free to say what you've just said. I think that's a demonstration of freedom of speech.

As stated before though, when it becomes too aggressive and crosses the line into offensive, then something has to be done.
Best regards, John
Topic Lock(s)
  • Topic Locked - You will not be able to post to this topic. Thread closed