RussV

Joined: 20th May 2010

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

RussV
How about a K200, splash proof, nearly 2x the pixels and cheap secondhand. It has a CCD sensor like your ist.

Comment by RussV posted on Next Logical Step After *ist DS? at 04/11/2013 - 16:30

RussV
Actually here is more about that gold LX. it's not gold plated, it's solid 18 karat!

http://thefabweb.com/23804/pentax-lx-gold-a-camera-made-of-pure-gold/

Only 300 were made, to celebrate the 10 millionth Pentax camera (not LX as stated in the link).

Comment by RussV posted on Gold Spotmatic at 23/10/2013 - 20:55

RussV
That gold camera is lovely. My local camera shop once had an MX in the window which had been painted florescent green.

You'll be glad to know I don't have a picture of it!

Comment by RussV posted on Gold Spotmatic at 23/10/2013 - 20:50

RussV
Algernon wrote:
10-15% fall if true isn't the end of the world and mostly
effects Canon and Nikon. SLR manufacturers make most of their
money from lenses. Phone manufacturers make 0% from lenses.

--
I think most manufacturers would consider a 10% drop in sales a cause for concern. It seems logical less camera sales will lead to less lens sales in the long run. A few months ago Nikon were rumoured to be moving into other areas with a possible Nikon phone.

Comment by RussV posted on A decline in DSLR sales threatens camera companies at 14/10/2013 - 12:55

RussV
An interesting article, perhaps a bit too pessimistic though. No direct mention of Pentax but they will be affected if it's true.

link

Comment by RussV posted on A decline in DSLR sales threatens camera companies at 14/10/2013 - 09:25

RussV
I use centre weighted. I don't trust a camera to know what part of the picture I want exposed best.

Comment by RussV posted on Perhaps naive question, but who needs such fancy metering? at 11/10/2013 - 14:06

RussV
CMW wrote:
I'm left wondering what benefit FF will bring to photographers who hitherto have not yet seemed to make the most of their APSC kit.
+1

Comment by RussV posted on Pentax Roadmap at 09/10/2013 - 15:10

RussV
I'm looking forward to seeing all the brilliant FF pictures that couldn't be taken on APS-C

Comment by RussV posted on Pentax Roadmap at 08/10/2013 - 15:15

RussV
I seem to remember the ME Super being advertised for around £350, perhaps that was near the release date.

Comment by RussV posted on Inflation Calculator re Prices at 08/10/2013 - 14:28

RussV
Scrolling through the K3 images on that site shows the odd bump on right side of camera (viewed from front) to be a headphone socket with cover.

Comment by RussV posted on Officially K-3? at 07/10/2013 - 12:20

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo