ronyzmbow

Joined: 15th July 2010

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

ronyzmbow
Comment Image
Comment Image
Comment Image
Comment Image
Comment Image
Comment Image
Comment Image

Comment by ronyzmbow posted on Some summer pictures - Pentax K10D at 14/08/2013 - 11:22

ronyzmbow
How good is the Takumar-A 28mm F2.8 and how does it compare to the SMC version? How both of them compare to the modern 35mm 2.4 in terms of colors and sharpness?

Comment by ronyzmbow posted on Takumar-A 28mm F2.8 at 14/08/2013 - 10:29

ronyzmbow
Pentaxophile wrote:
ronyzmbow wrote:
[quote:3496ace15f="vic cross"]My experience with the colors of Tamron is bad, actually very bad.
Yet you list the Tamron 10-24 as one of your top two choices?

I had the Sigma 10-20 for a long time, and the DA15mm for a long time. The Sigma was very nice, perfectly sharp enough across the whole frame; a bit stretchy in the corners but I think that's just a fact of life with 10mm. I didn't notice anything untoward about the colours. There was a bit of vignetting which sometimes made vegetation look too dark at the edge of the frame.

The DA15mm gave lovely crystal clear images and colours - the edges were a bit blurred/OOF on close inspection (even if the centre was perfectly in focus) but overall the images popped.

But for versatilities sake, if I was choosing now it would be between the Sigma 8-16 and the Pentax 12-24.
I like the range of the Tamron and I guess it has better colors than the Tamron 70-300. Price is also a consideration and the Pentax 12-24 is out of my budget. Still would like to see compare images, best if ut is under the same conditions.

Comment by ronyzmbow posted on Compare wide lenses at 11/08/2013 - 10:44

ronyzmbow
vic cross wrote:
You should throw the Sigma 10-20 into the mix. It's a cracker. I'm sure anyone on here who has one will tell you the same. It has a very good reputation and I love mine.
CHEERS Vic.
Thanks, Vic
My main concern with a third party lens is mainly the colors (and sharpness).
My experience with the colors of Tamron is bad, actually very bad. I own the Tamron 70-300mm F4-5.6 AF Di LD Macro. The lens is sharp but the colors are very different and far from the colors I get from my Pentax lenses. I work only in RAW and I have to work double the time on images taken with the Tamron to get the right colors. It can be very interesting to see compare images taken with the 2 lenses I mentioned in the original thread post or images compared to Sigma wide zoom. I understand that the Sigma colors are a bit cold.

Comment by ronyzmbow posted on Compare wide lenses at 11/08/2013 - 09:34

ronyzmbow
I have posted this in the other Pentax forum, but feel the need for more input from fellow Pentax users -

I am out for a new wide lens. The 2 lenses which made it to the top for me are
Tamron SP AF 10-24mm F3.5-4.5 Di II LD
and
Pentax smc DA 15mm f/4 ED AL Limited
I sure know they are not of the same category and I am fully aware of the differences between them.
I read a lot on the net and compare sample images - that's the best one can do in order to get information and decide.
The important factors for me are sharpness and true to life colors - and here is where I ask for advice.

When I compare full size images from DP Review - I tend to think that the Tamron lens is sharper than the Pentax.
Is it true?
How good is the Tamron lens in terms of sharpness and colors?
How do they compare?
Does anyone have any experience with both?
Samples to compare?


From PentaxForums.com: http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/233895-compare-wid...#ixzz2bdXf7cbo

Comment by ronyzmbow posted on Compare wide lenses at 11/08/2013 - 06:49

ronyzmbow
David,

I have tried again with the clarity and contrast in ACR - it does not come to the same quality as Capture One 7 Express! Download a trial version from their site and try it for yourself. The difference is clear and nothing but amazing.

Comment by ronyzmbow posted on RAW images Adobe ACR vs. Capture One 7 at 31/03/2013 - 07:35

ronyzmbow
Algernon wrote:
"I an using Adobe CS6 with ACR and Capture One 6 Express."

The 1st one in each looks a lot better/sharper so is that
the Adobe one? That's the way you started off.

-
In all the pairs of images the first one is done with Capture One 7 Express - I am very impressed. Only in extreme situations, under problematic light or high contrast situation - the ACR performed better.

Comment by ronyzmbow posted on RAW images Adobe ACR vs. Capture One 7 at 30/03/2013 - 21:13

ronyzmbow
I work almost only with RAW and since I am doing Microstock the Image Quality is extremely important for me.

I an using Adobe CS6 with ACR and Capture One 6 Express.
Just downloaded a trial version of the new Capture One Express 7.
I am so impressed how the Capture One manages to pull out small details that ACR simply cannot see! Colors are also great.

The last 2 samples are from my Pentax K-10D and the rest are are RAW samples from the net. All the samples are 100% crops - I think you will be able to see the difference quite clearly...

Comment Image
Comment Image
Comment Image
Comment Image
Comment Image
Comment Image
Comment Image
Comment Image
Comment Image
Comment Image

Comment by ronyzmbow posted on RAW images Adobe ACR vs. Capture One 7 at 30/03/2013 - 11:52

ronyzmbow
I was fast enough and lucky...they just sold some of their stock and raised the price by 40%...when you see a good bargain, just grab it!
BTW, the lens arrived and I can already say - it's a great lens.

Comment by ronyzmbow posted on Advice from users - Pentax DA 16-45mm f/4 at 07/03/2013 - 20:03

ronyzmbow
Postage from Germany to Denmark was 8.90 Euro - just ask the seller.

Comment by ronyzmbow posted on Advice from users - Pentax DA 16-45mm f/4 at 05/03/2013 - 16:31

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo