ronyzmbow

Joined: 15th July 2010

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

ronyzmbow
The Tamron lens is sold!
I have decided to give the K10D to my son.

But the Samsung (Pentax rebadged) 16-45mm F/4 is still for sale.
New price - GBP 135 including shipping.Comment Image
Comment Image
Comment Image

Comment by ronyzmbow posted on FS excellent Pentax DSLR K-10D body + kit lens, + Samsung (Pentax) 16-45mm + Tamron 70-300mm at 05/03/2014 - 09:48

ronyzmbow
Comment Image
Comment Image
Comment Image
Comment Image
Comment Image
Comment Image
Comment Image
Comment Image
Comment Image
For sale all my Pentax equipment in great condition!

Pentax DSLR K10D plus 18-55 kit lens (6,161 shutter releases)
Samsung (Pentax rebadged) 16-45mm F/4
Tamron 70-300mm F4-5.6 AF Di LD Macro
Charger and remote control

All the equipment is in great shape - I am just moving to full frame equipment.I prefer to sell as a package for GBP 325 - this price will include a Kata 443 bag and shipping within the EU.

Otherwise prices are -
Camera + kit lens - GBP 150
Samsung 16-45mm - GBP 150
Tamron 70-300mm - GBP 75

All paid in Paypal or money transfer to my bank account

Comment by ronyzmbow posted on FS excellent Pentax DSLR K-10D body + kit lens, + Samsung (Pentax) 16-45mm + Tamron 70-300mm at 02/03/2014 - 10:27

ronyzmbow
Using the Side By Side option of DP review site I have compared the following models of Pentax - K-30, K-50 and K-500. I can hardly see difference between them. What are the "on paper" differences between them and what are the "real world" differences between them?
Will I see a big difference between the K-30 and the K-50?

Comment by ronyzmbow posted on Comparing Pentax DSLR models at 22/12/2013 - 06:55

ronyzmbow
Here is Western Digital's support reply to my question - it might help somebody. I am going to do all they said and promise to update the forum -

We are sorry to hear about your problem with your WD drive. I would like you to go through a few questions regarding the issues you have encountered with the drive.

1. Is the drive detected by other computers?
2. Have you tried another cable?
3. Is the drive still detected as a USB device? (do you get an option in the system tray to Remove the Hardware Safely when you plug in the cable?)
4. Is the drive still seen by the Device Manager and Disk Management?
> Go to Start and right-click on 'Computer'.
> Select 'Manage'.
> On the left side of the Computer Management program you find a panel with options.
> Select Device Manager.
> Your WD drive should be in the list as a Disk Drive, not a USB Storage device.
> Do you see any entry in this list with a flag? (like a yellow Question mark or a triangle with an exclamation mark).
5. If not, right-click again on your Desktop drive and choose 'uninstall'.
6. After that, remove the USB cable and restart the computer. Then reconnect the device again.
7. Please run our Diagnostic tool, the DataLifeGuard Diagnostics Utility;
When you will get result form quick and extended test, please send me it, then we will be able to verify if the drive is fine.

BTW, very nice service from a well respected company!

Comment by ronyzmbow posted on Perhaps an irrelevant question...icon in Win at 03/09/2013 - 18:03

ronyzmbow
Thanks all, but my problem is still here. From day one this WD external hard drive is without any automatic backup software and I am doing all my backups manually. The icon used to be OK for almost 2 years and only lately have changed. I did not make any changes to my PC. Shutting down or restarting never helped either. Just very frustrating...

Comment by ronyzmbow posted on Perhaps an irrelevant question...icon in Win at 31/08/2013 - 19:14

ronyzmbow
Perhaps this one is irrelevant, but people here are so friendly and helpful, so here goes...
I am using a portable Western Digital Elements hard drive for about 2 years. When the drive was connected to my PC after few second I could open it and under My Computer it appeared with WD logo, on which you double click to open. Lately, instead of the WD logo appears an Unknown icon - the icon can be opened without a problem. It just disturbs me (me and my aesthetics...).
Why is it like this?
How I can restore it or change this icon?
See 2 attachments.Comment Image
Comment Image

Comment by ronyzmbow posted on Perhaps an irrelevant question...icon in Win at 31/08/2013 - 06:43

ronyzmbow
Thanks my friends!

Comment by ronyzmbow posted on Tablet screen quality at 29/08/2013 - 18:02

ronyzmbow
Thanks, friends!
I am using the tablet just to surf the net, check my email account, read some news and watch some Youtube and other video. No replacement for my stationary PC with Eizo screen and PS plus Capture One for RAW.
The Apple tablets are beyond my budget for a tablet, even though I am aware of the Retina screen.
Back to my humble question as appears in the beginning of the thread - anybody has any comment?

Comment by ronyzmbow posted on Tablet screen quality at 29/08/2013 - 09:30

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo