ronyzmbow

Joined: 15th July 2010

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

ronyzmbow
I want to share this -
Just found a small stock of brand new Samsung SA 16-45 mm F4 - identical and made by Pentax. The price is great - just bought one!

link

Comment by ronyzmbow posted on Advice from users - Pentax DA 16-45mm f/4 at 05/03/2013 - 11:01

ronyzmbow
K10D wrote:
beachboy2 wrote:
I took a WR kit lens to Antarctica recently for use when I could not avoid salt spray etc. Also took a new Sigma 17-50 F2.8 HSM. The Sigma is certainly my new "kit" lens. The Pentax WR was quite disappointing.
I bought the Sigma f/2.8 HSM whilst waiting for a repaired or replacement 16-50 Pentax lens. It's a great optic. How was your 18-55 Pentax disappointing?

Best regards
here are some samples taken this week with the older version of the kit lens - great Pentax colors and very sharp images!

Comment Image
Comment Image
Comment Image
Comment Image
Comment Image
Comment Image

Comment by ronyzmbow posted on Pentax kit lenses at 03/03/2013 - 09:01

ronyzmbow
A friend of mine, a keen Nikon photographer for many years, pointed my attention to the fact that are three Pentax 18-55 kit lenses

Apart from the latest WR version which is water resistant, i do not know why there are 3 versions of the same lens?

How is IQ and the optical performance of all three version? Are they different? According to Pentax Forums web site I can see that sharpness is different - is it true?

Comment by ronyzmbow posted on Pentax kit lenses at 02/03/2013 - 10:28

ronyzmbow
ronyzmbow wrote:
I don't really get the things people say about difference in colors between Pentax and Tamron - the best best would to see sample images from both lenses and compare - anybody have such samples?
Any comments or samples?

Comment by ronyzmbow posted on Advice from users - Pentax DA 16-45mm f/4 at 01/03/2013 - 21:08

ronyzmbow
I don't really get the things people say about difference in colors between Pentax and Tamron - the best best would to see sample images from both lenses and compare - anybody have such samples?

Comment by ronyzmbow posted on Advice from users - Pentax DA 16-45mm f/4 at 01/03/2013 - 04:51

ronyzmbow
Just out of curiosity - how the Tamron 17-50 compare to the Pentax kit lenses in terms of optical quality, image quality, sharpness and Pentax colors?

Comment by ronyzmbow posted on Advice from users - Pentax DA 16-45mm f/4 at 28/02/2013 - 15:06

ronyzmbow
Mandrake wrote:
A shame you missed it, but just to throw an extra thought in... I had one and was very happy with it, especially the wide end which gives a very pleasant perspective, but one annoyance was the fact it zooms backwards - by which I mean it gets longer towards the wide end. That makes it very easy to cast a shadow when using on camera flash, or even a hot shoe mounted flash.

In the end mine got knocked out of alignment while travelling so it was blurred on one side. I still managed to sell it (with full disclosure of the fault, of course!) for more than I would have got had I had it fixed first! Now I have a Tamron 17-50 and would say the faster aperture is more useful than the extra mm at the wide end.
Simon,

Just out of curiosity - how would compare the Tamron 17-50 to the Pentax kit lenses in terms of optical quality, image quality, sharpness and Pentax colors?

Comment by ronyzmbow posted on Advice from users - Pentax DA 16-45mm f/4 at 27/02/2013 - 19:48

ronyzmbow
Many thanks to all who commented here + what a great forum. I can see that opinions are split. The lens is gone by now + I was not fast enough... so, I'll stay with the kit lens and keep looking for a wide lens which is not too expensive.

Comment by ronyzmbow posted on Advice from users - Pentax DA 16-45mm f/4 at 26/02/2013 - 17:41

ronyzmbow
A shop not far from me is clearing old stock of brand new Pentax lenses and I have a chance to buy a brand new Pentax DA 16-45mm f/4 for a very attractive price. Will I see a big improvement in image quality over the 18-55 kit lens? Should i buy this lens? Advice from users -

Comment by ronyzmbow posted on Advice from users - Pentax DA 16-45mm f/4 at 25/02/2013 - 05:14

ronyzmbow
Thanks for all the comments! I love the way I am welcomed here in the forum!

Comment by ronyzmbow posted on Sample images from my Pentax K10D at 01/02/2013 - 19:22

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo