Perspicador

Joined: 24th January 2013

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

Perspicador
senn wrote:
what curious "birds" are #3 and #4 .. that must be their "Spring-time" appearance I guess
The article is as much about habitats as birds, but you can just look at the pictures if you want

Comment by Perspicador posted on Birds in Spring-time at 16/04/2017 - 22:15

Perspicador
An opportune gift for photographers is the gift of combining fresh, renewed settings for the natural habitats of those hidden and hiding treasures that surround us but can be elusive. Birds and trees belong together, but for photographers the connection is uneasy because birds use trees for concealment and safety. So the exposure of a feathered friend is often a fleeting glimpse and not a straight-forward observation of our surroundings. so the bird is in his element, while you are not.

Here are some examples of wildife using the spiring-time refuge of a cherry tree. I hope other Pentax users can find this a stimulating theme to follow and emulate.

Comment Image


Comment Image


Comment Image


Comment Image


Comment Image

Comment by Perspicador posted on Birds in Spring-time at 16/04/2017 - 21:13

Perspicador
Gedski wrote:
Please bear in mind that I am no pundit with regard to photography. My first impressions with the new Pentax 55-300mm PLM lens are rather good. The AF is very fast and with little or no hunting. Below should be just three of about seventy that I took this morning. They have only been cropped and minimally enhanced in Elements 13.Comment Image


Comment Image


Comment Image


They are not works of art but after my long lay off and my first effort with the new lens, I'm pretty pleased with the results.
Its a funny thing: I went for the 55 - 300mm lens and finished up replacing the camera! K-70 now, so comparing outcomes with previous K-50 efforts. I have now matched the K-50 with the Tamron - so still a step behind you Gedski.

Comment by Perspicador posted on The new 55-300 lens and the K50. at 28/01/2017 - 20:22

Perspicador
johnriley wrote:
Quote:
It's not what I've been waiting for
What have you been waiting for?
I stopped waiting quite recently, and took the plunge with the K-70. So I will not be down the road of KP nuts. So my novelty is about matching older lenses with the new camera and trying to improve on outcomes as compared with the K-50 - which should be quite easy (?) There is something funny about high speeds on the K-70 but I cannot quite fathom it. I am not getting the sharp focus I was led to anticipate...Comment Image


If you supply peanuts you get monkeys!

Comment by Perspicador posted on KP...What Do You Think? at 28/01/2017 - 19:37

Perspicador
Latest monthly competition][/b]

Hi there
It appears there is an error with the closing date for the current monthly competition. I anticipate this will last until the end of the month and not as stated?

Comment by Perspicador posted on Not New but unused at 02/01/2017 - 18:49

Perspicador
Highs? A new Pentax telefoto for the K-50 - Plus, updating the software on same and feeling the difference it has made.

Lows? Getting thwarted by infrequent local public transport - on which I rely heavily.

Comment by Perspicador posted on highs and lows at 18/12/2016 - 14:10

Perspicador
Reciprocating and returning Festive Greetings to Everyone on the Pentax User Forum
Comment Image

Comment by Perspicador posted on Merry Christmas Everyone at 10/12/2016 - 19:36

Perspicador
Fantastic! It has worked a Treat! Quick and effective transfer of data with no hitches. And I have checked the update has fully taken. So Many Thanks, both Johns for giving me peace of mind plus a sense of achievement. With your help I have not been beaten by this!

Comment by Perspicador posted on SOS Firmware update 10.1 for K-50 - Technophobe at 03/12/2016 - 21:37

Perspicador
I wonder if I can solicit your help with the software update for this camera? The state of play so far is that I have a file on the computer - about 10.7 MB - but have not understood the instructions and I think the file I have may still be in zipped form. The current camera software is 1.0 and does not seem to be that clever. I do not know how to instruct the camera to recognize a download on the SD card - there are now 2 files on there both 10.7 MB. Can I load it to the camera? No sirree. What are the instructions spelt out for a technophobe so I know what to do at every stage? There is no prompt for updates and I do not know where to look for one! Is there someone out there who can help? I await your response with baited breath!

RSVP

Comment by Perspicador posted on SOS Firmware update 10.1 for K-50 - Technophobe at 03/12/2016 - 07:52

Perspicador
MACRO
Still with said lens, my outing is with the K-50.

1. Intellectual Ladybird
Comment Image


Then what follows are mushrooms observed in the ancient woodland of Sellers Wood:-

Honey fungi
Comment Image


and others
Comment Image


Comment Image


Comment Image



and finally
Comment Image


the original honey fungi cluster. Macro is alive and well with this lens!

Comment by Perspicador posted on K1 and HD PENTAX-DA 55-300mmF4.5-6.3ED PLM WR RE at 15/11/2016 - 15:54

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo