mph555l

Joined: 9th October 2006

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

mph555l
I've been thinking about the now defunct DSLR partnership between Pentax and Samsung.

With hindsight are there any conclusions to be drawn ? Was there a synergy effect, or did one brand benefit more than the other ?

Regards,

/Ian

Comment by mph555l posted on Pentax and Samsung at 02/03/2011 - 09:24

mph555l
As you can see here Canon are currently recalling their 18-200.
It seems every manufacturer can have a bad day.

link

Hope your get your SDM failure fixed soon.

/Ian

Comment by mph555l posted on Getting upset with Pentax at 28/02/2011 - 11:37

mph555l
My gorilla pod - It is well made and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. I just find I hardly ever use it.

Not really fair to call it the worst accessory purchase I suppose, but in my case at least it has proved to be an unnecessary one.

Cheers,

/Ian

Comment by mph555l posted on Worst accessory purchase at 22/02/2011 - 08:39

mph555l
No northern lights last night over Stockholm. Hopefully better luck tonight. Have watched some spectacular displays in the past just sitting on my door step, but its been a good ten or so years since the last one.

Cheers,

/Ian

Comment by mph555l posted on Looks like I will be up early over the next few night's! at 18/02/2011 - 08:52

mph555l
I'm still leaning towards a new third party focusing screen.

Cheers,

/Ian

Comment by mph555l posted on rumor mill... at 18/02/2011 - 08:45

mph555l
I just hope the clouds break up later on.

Fingers crossed.

/Ian

Comment by mph555l posted on Looks like I will be up early over the next few night's! at 17/02/2011 - 12:58

mph555l
Don wrote:
More hints, clever marketing....link
@mph555l
would all the interest and speculation (aside from being a fun distraction) indicate that perhaps many are feeling something is amiss in thier digital hobby?
I don't know to be honest, but I think everyone likes a good mystery and the internet is the perfect medium for propagating rumours.

Lets hope it is something special.

Cheers,

/Ian

Comment by mph555l posted on rumor mill... at 16/02/2011 - 13:56

mph555l
There are some nice street photography shots from yesteryear on the BBC today.

link

Cheers,

/Ian

Comment by mph555l posted on Street photography - some nice photos on the BBC at 16/02/2011 - 12:59

mph555l
If I was a betting man my money would be on something rather more mundane than the all singing and dancing grip, perhaps a new "revolutionary" third party focusing screen for the K-7 / K-5 ? Although what "revolutionary" might mean is anyone's guess.

We will just have to wait and see...

Cheers,

/Ian

Comment by mph555l posted on rumor mill... at 16/02/2011 - 12:52

mph555l
link

I guess the real challenge would be putting all back together again.

Cheers,

/Ian

Comment by mph555l posted on Spotmatic - Disassembled at 15/02/2011 - 11:34

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo