misiek_knm

Joined: 22nd January 2008

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

misiek_knm
I just used the letters / numbers available in the plate which were easy to clone

And including my brother in the photo - I had two shots, one with, one without, but this one looked better. Unfortunately he looks a bit flat.

Thanks for your comments - I hope he won't sell his Patrol so I can try another attempt next year

Comment by misiek_knm posted on Nissan Patrol at 02/11/2009 - 20:17

misiek_knm
Thanks

Comment by misiek_knm posted on Enchanted Garden - Brodsworth Hall at 02/11/2009 - 20:04

misiek_knm
I don't know why the 1st one made me hungry And the #2 is plainly saying it's Autumn. Actually, November in Polish is 'listopad' which stays for the time when leaves fall down.
Nice pictures

Comment by misiek_knm posted on Autumn in the South Lakes at 01/11/2009 - 22:55

misiek_knm
gtis wrote:
hi nice photos
as brodsworth hall is local to me
10 mins drive i might go one day
can you post the settings you used
neil
Thanks I think it was just over previous week only (and today it has been cancelled due to the weather). But it's worth seeing if you haven't been there before anyway. It's beautiful in early summer, when rose garden is in bloom. See their webpage to find opening details.
Most of the pictures were taken with aperture around 7-8, long exposure time (few or even up to 20 seconds), ISO 200 (to keep noise low), tripod and cable release (unfortunately my tripod is a cheap, not so sturdy one) White Balance = Daylight. I used mostly Pentax DA 16-45mm lens. You can find each picture's setup on my photobucket page when you open the picture.

Comment by misiek_knm posted on Enchanted Garden - Brodsworth Hall at 01/11/2009 - 22:50

misiek_knm
#3 for me - I love the light glittering in the drops (not sure sunlight / flashlight) - fantastic little stars on some. The snails also look great, although I hate them, they have a pleasure eating our plants each year

Comment by misiek_knm posted on My garden this morning at 01/11/2009 - 22:40

misiek_knm
Fantastic set, I love the colours and fisheye effects on some of them.
BTW, the 'classical cowboy' is a cheat! You caught me!

Comment by misiek_knm posted on Finished at 01/11/2009 - 22:32

misiek_knm
I think the fact the image is not perfect helps it - it looks so natural and amazing. The only thing I don't like about it is (yours?) strong reflection on the car's window. But I believe you didn't have time to open a window or put a polariser on the lens

Comment by misiek_knm posted on Not something you expect to overtake... at 01/11/2009 - 22:24

misiek_knm
Agreed, looks almost as a late summer lazy evening.

Comment by misiek_knm posted on Hertford at 01/11/2009 - 22:16

misiek_knm
Good story and good photos. I also like #2, however somehow #1 is my favourite. It has a kind of symmetry in it, the bottom cross and a suggested circle(s) above. Nice warm colours too, on all of them.

Comment by misiek_knm posted on More Lalibela photos at 01/11/2009 - 22:14

misiek_knm
I wish I was there, I'd love it. Nice pictures

Comment by misiek_knm posted on Whitby Goth Weekend 2009 at 01/11/2009 - 21:55

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo