misiek_knm

Joined: 22nd January 2008

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

misiek_knm
I need an advice on taking evening / night pictures of illuminated gardens / buildings. I plan to go with family to Brodsworth Hall this weekend and I'd like to take some pictures. Which lens of my set would you recommend (I thought about Pentax-A 50mm and maybe DA 16-45mm). A tripod, obviously (although I only have a very cheap one).

Please, advice on settings I should use - what apertures, times, anything which might be useful. I hope I'll take at least few good pictures

Comment by misiek_knm posted on Advice needed on taking evening pictures of illuminated gardens at 20/10/2009 - 23:46

misiek_knm
Well done, Mike I also liked that photo.

Comment by misiek_knm posted on PPG Acceptance. at 20/10/2009 - 23:37

misiek_knm
Lovely, I really like the framing with trees / bushes silhouettes. And so nice, warm colours of the sky and the clouds.

Comment by misiek_knm posted on Sunrise at 20/10/2009 - 23:27

misiek_knm
The first one looks like an ancient mask Nice shots.

Comment by misiek_knm posted on First bug for a while at 20/10/2009 - 23:24

misiek_knm
Anvh wrote:
Michal I didn't mean it offence either.
A message is a form of content but it does not need to be.
The simplest way is to think about the content of a book, it does not need to have a message per se.
Joe had a good link which describe it better, let me quote a bit out of that.
cut definition here
Quote:

Hopefully that explains it better then I did
Oh dear I really goofed up then It seems we agree in principles, although may describe it differently. But then even more - it seems that both content and form are important, however the balance between them may vary.

Comment by misiek_knm posted on Content or Form at 20/10/2009 - 23:21

misiek_knm
George Lazarette wrote:


Anywhere near Koszalin? I spent a night there once on the way to Elblag.

G
Quite close, about 30 miles, small village near the Baltic Sea.

Comment by misiek_knm posted on Useless topic at 20/10/2009 - 23:15

misiek_knm
Anvh wrote:
You're all right.
@Michal, message or beauty isn't what content or form means so please don't try to degrade it so with my example.
I would certainly hang some photos on my wall even if the form of it is bad if the content is strong. I do not mean the photo I post here but there are others that you can't describe beautiful but would fit well on a wall.
Stefan, I see you misunderstood me - I did not mean offence at all. I just think that some photos don't need to carry a message - or now I don't understand what you mean by content?

Comment by misiek_knm posted on Content or Form at 19/10/2009 - 22:59

misiek_knm
George Lazarette wrote:
misiek_knm wrote:
George Lazarette wrote:
[quote:3496ace15f="bforbes"]There must be something up when, behind the bars of Scotland, they have 2 bottles of Vodka to a bottle of whiskey
The best vodka comes from Poland, but it's difficult to get in the UK.

G
Do you want to visit me after next summer holiday, then?

Oh, BTW I have some 96% spirit (it's called spirytus in Poland) - never ever try drinking it pure
Sounds like a nice offer, Michal. Next year I may have some business with a barge builder in Gdansk. Where are you from?

G[/quote]In Poland: recently (read couple of years ago) from Szczecin (big city close to German border, North-West). For last 5 years I've been living in Grantham, UK. Each summer I go for my (2-week) summer holiday to my parents - halfway between Gdansk and Szczecin and my wife's parents in Szczecin.

Comment by misiek_knm posted on Useless topic at 19/10/2009 - 22:49

misiek_knm
Inspired by Fiona couple of months ago I decided to try some long exposures by a bonfire. I used K20D on a beanbag, 10s delay. Me and my brother used sticks set afire in the bonfire and started waving them. I think I could achieve better results using stronger (or few slaves) flash - but didn't have any then. So people are rather blurry. They are first attempts, I'll continue next year, let me know what do you think:

#1 My portrait in a whirl of fire:
Pentax DA 16-45mm @36mm, 30s, f/7.1, ISO 200
[IMG]http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo284/misiek_knm/PU/imgp3015.jpg[/IMG]

#2 Building a bridge. 'Sonic' waves attack from left by my brother:
Pentax DA 16-45mm @23mm, 25s, f/7.1, ISO 200
[IMG]http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo284/misiek_knm/PU/imgp3013.jpg[/IMG]

#3 Sending messages (again with my brother's help)
Pentax DA 16-45mm @23mm, 25s, f/7.1, ISO 200
[IMG]http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo284/misiek_knm/PU/imgp3012.jpg[/IMG]

# And a bit different: fire blazing:
Pentax DA 16-45mm @23mm, 10s, f/7.1, ISO 200
[IMG]http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo284/misiek_knm/PU/imgp3011.jpg[/IMG]

Comment by misiek_knm posted on More fire... at 19/10/2009 - 22:11

misiek_knm
Looks so natural, good job not overdoing that

Comment by misiek_knm posted on Another go at HDR at 19/10/2009 - 21:53

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo