kingfisher

Joined: 15th May 2011

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

kingfisher
PRYorkshire wrote:
Following the constructive comments by JAK on my entry for last week's competition on Black and White Landscapes I have reworked my photo of Ben Nevis from Corpach to lighten the hillside. For comparison I have included the original colour. The photo was taken in poor light with a snow storm coming in and I think works far better in black and white, I was never happy with the original colour and thanks to JAK's competition and comments I now have an image that is greatly improved.

Comment Image


Comment Image
I may be strange in this but i prefer the coloured version. To me it depicts the atmosphere and mood of highlands. Granted in colour it looks less contrasty, toned down a bit, but also has more distinct charakter and that is as I fondly remember Scotland. And that is coming from avid bw shooter.

Comment by kingfisher posted on Weekly Competition - Ben Nevis from Corpach at 30/07/2020 - 16:21

kingfisher
Hi Haris,please, is M85/2 still available?

Comment by kingfisher posted on FS: Lenses (K/M/A/F/FA/DA/D-FA) at 20/01/2020 - 18:05

kingfisher
Sold!
thanks fo watching...

Comment by kingfisher posted on SMC 35/3.5 for sale at 23/04/2018 - 22:53

kingfisher
Thanks for reply.....lens is reserved at the moment.

Comment by kingfisher posted on SMC 35/3.5 for sale at 18/04/2018 - 20:44

kingfisher
this lens is well known, but here's useful 'real life conditions' review of it:
http://www.northcoastphotographer.net/blog/files/011447b10e76e8d88092055677bef0f...

Comment by kingfisher posted on SMC 35/3.5 for sale at 15/04/2018 - 18:06

kingfisher
John.....thanks for your reviews of the vintage gear as well. There isn't much in depth reviews like that, that's why I added that link here. I found some old Pentax glass to be really strong performers with dslr's but at the same time having their own character, I personally am especially fond of original SMC Pentax lenses.

Comment by kingfisher posted on Vintage Lens Reviews at 15/04/2018 - 18:02

kingfisher
Nicely preserved lens with clean optics for sale. Please see attached photos.
Pricewise....i was thinking 115 EUR or 100 GBP would be fair offer (shipping excluded). Should you be interested, please let me know. Martin

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment by kingfisher posted on SMC 35/3.5 for sale at 15/04/2018 - 17:48

kingfisher
thanks Mike - what price do you have in mind? And if you don't mind me asking - why you decided against keeping it? I heard some mixed reviews, but mostly people are happy with it....

Comment by kingfisher posted on wtb: DA 20-40 Limited at 15/04/2018 - 15:40

kingfisher
currently I own SMC 20mm/4, SMC 35mm/3.5 and FA's 31/1.8 and 43/1.9. All of those are great lenses, but its lots of hassle to constantly change lens while on trek.
DA limited zoom covers reasonable focal lenghts for me to work as a main workhorse lens for me. However I was long put off by its price. Hence I am trying my luck here.

Any offers?

Comment by kingfisher posted on wtb: DA 20-40 Limited at 15/04/2018 - 12:14

kingfisher
hope it is okay....but yesterday I found this on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrjwRUi3jfQ

pretty informative, good photos too....

Comment by kingfisher posted on Vintage Lens Reviews at 15/04/2018 - 11:57

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo