kea828

Joined: 29th April 2013

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

kea828
BruceStrachan wrote:
kea828 wrote:
Hi Bruce,
can the MX-1 take a screw-in filter? In know it has a bult-in ND filter; I'm thinking of a circular polariser.

Also, can focussing be assigned to the 'AV / AE-L' button?
Found this for manual focusing:
http://beefandsweettea.com/2014/04/10/pentax-mx-1-manual-focus-option/

Not on the AE-L but this may be possible as well.
Thanks. I found the user manual on line and it doesn't look as if it's possible.

Comment by kea828 posted on Pentax MX-1 for sale at 09/02/2016 - 22:13

kea828
There is an interesting survey on DP Review at the moment:-

"Canon EOS-1D X Mark II Vs. Nikon D5"

Answer Options:
1) I'm a Canon user and I'm excited about the 1D X II (13.1%)
2) I'm a Canon user and I don't care about the 1D X II (10.8%)
3) I'm a Nikon user and I'm excited about the D5 (13.1%)
4) I'm a Nikon user and I don't care about the D5 (9.9%)
5) DSLR is yesterday's news. Bring on the pro mirrorless! (38.9%)
6) Canon? Nikon? I'm waiting for the Pentax full-frame (14.2%)

Sample to date: 5,375

So, slightly more DLSR users are interested in the Pentax FF than the latest Canon & Nikon. Maybe because if things run to form it will be cheaper.

Comment by kea828 posted on Full-frame Survey at 09/02/2016 - 21:11

kea828
You have a PM.

Comment by kea828 posted on FS: Pentax DA HD 1.4x AW rear converter at 08/02/2016 - 20:06

kea828
Hi Bruce,
can the MX-1 take a screw-in filter? In know it has a bult-in ND filter; I'm thinking of a circular polariser.

Als0, can focussing be assigned to the 'AV / AE-L' button?

Comment by kea828 posted on Pentax MX-1 for sale at 07/02/2016 - 15:26

kea828
Hi.
I have one of these and it is very good when I can. I use the Peak Design two-part wrist strap with it so it is always attached to me somehow.

The only problem I have is that it isn't deep enough (screw length) to fit the rucksacks that I use regularly. I suppose I could look for some longer screws or ask Peak Design if they could offer some longer ones. The screws have wide tops with knurled edges to enable them to be tightened by hand.

If you get a chance, try one out on the bags / straps you are likely to be using.

Comment by kea828 posted on capture clip for bags at 03/02/2016 - 18:58

kea828
Camera Centre UK also have the K-3 II at £650.

The K3 is also at the same price and in the next picture, so pgweber's caution applies here too.

Comment by kea828 posted on K3 II @ SRS at 01/02/2016 - 23:33

kea828
You have a PM.

Comment by kea828 posted on FS: Pentax 10-17mm fisheye at 01/02/2016 - 22:58

kea828
Nor a dealer I know. but I had no problems with a few lenses bought from individuals via eBay in my pre-Pentax days (Canon FD).

Comment by kea828 posted on Reputable Online Used Lens Retailers at 31/01/2016 - 13:01

kea828
SRS are offering the K3 II for £649, £100 less than at WEX
(http://www.srsmicrosystems.co.uk/cameras/interchangable-lens-cameras/pentax-dslr... ] here[/link]).

Comment by kea828 posted on K3 II @ SRS at 31/01/2016 - 10:55

kea828
There is a used (Condidion 10) KS-2 body or £254 at WEX (here).

Comment by kea828 posted on Used KS-2 at 30/01/2016 - 22:44

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo